What's new

A teenager has beheaded a teacher in northern Paris for showing pictures of Prophet Mohammed in class

What do you mean by it exposes Islam and Muslims more and more?

Depictions of Holy Prophet (PBUH) is a forbidden practice in Islam as a safeguard against SHIRK (intentional; unintentional). However, Islamophobes have this newfound urge to do it (not with scholarly intent but in questionable ways) and they assume that Muslims will find this practice acceptable?

What is the point of disrespecting Holy Prophet (PBUH) in the first place?
They want to offend the Muslims and Holy Prophet (PBUH), there are no other reasons. I think if Muslims do the same in India to Hindu books or their stone Gods same will happen to them.

What is the point of disrespecting Holy Prophet (PBUH) in the first place?

Provocation and agitation , they want to make Muslims angry, and they know one nut case will lose his/her temper and do something irrational and attack or do something violent hence they will further their Anti Islam policies .. its very simple, how come showing disrespected cartoons of a man who died 1400 years ago represents freedom ? what if we make cartoons of Holocausts victims , many countries would put us in jail , or even worse, but at least we have decency that we don't make fun of someone who is dead, or not here to defend themselves .

Provocation and agitation , they want to make Muslims angry, and they know one nut case will lose his/her temper and do something irrational and attack or do something violent hence they will further their Anti Islam policies .. its very simple, how come showing disrespected cartoons of a man who died 1400 years ago represents freedom ? what if we make cartoons of Holocausts victims , many countries would put us in jail , or even worse, but at least we have decency that we don't make fun of someone who is dead, or not here to defend themselves .
Jail is a civilized response. Beheading is not.

Honestly if I were french native, and I witnessed multiple deadly terror attacks, immigrant and specifically Muslim ghettos in my cities, and then something as heinous as this, there’s a strong chance that I’d be one of the voices calling to kick all Muslims out of my country.

You can’t apply your morality and religious beliefs on others, if you are one of these people, please leave and don’t come back.

Sir voices like yours are in a minority. I have muslim friends here and our discussions are free from fear of offending any particular sentiment especially religious. They agree that what is lacking in the Muslim community is a figure like Martin Luther King. If you look at what he did and the odds against him - then what he achieved by peaceful means; it is something the current Muslim leadership should learn from.

Even then I would not discuss religious POV with a Muslim passer by because I have seen and heard how emotional and personal this discussion can become. This needs to change. I have never understood why people will not ignore but take offence and then take the law of the land in their own hands.

Some people point to the holocaust and Jews, they conveniently forget that they lobbied for these laws, if the Jews started beheading people because they come across a holocaust denier, there is no country in West which will be passing laws in their favour.

Also to the other members who are pointing out how a discussion in a class with respect to these images was not a right thing. That's probably because you have not studied in these environments. A classroom is hallowed ground - discussion and debate on taboo topics is normal in the west, in fact it is purposefully done to initiate a rational thought process and understanding of different point of views.

That's probably because you have not studied in these environments. A classroom is hallowed ground - discussion and debate on taboo topics is normal in the west, in fact it is purposefully done to initiate a rational thought process and understanding of different point of views.
Ehhm yeah right. I studied in these environments and especially school is about giving you „the right view“ (= State sanctioned view) on certain topics.

The whole purpose of public schools is uniformity and conformity.

Ehhm yeah right. I studied in these environments and especially school is about giving you „the right view“ (= State sanctioned view) on certain topics.

Maybe in Germany, not here in the UK and I know the French system as well so only speak for yourself.
In General Studies we were given a topic for eg: Holocaust, Colonialism, Slavery... We would spend one lesson in researching pros vs cons and the second lesson would be a debate. There was no winner the debate was for everyone to bring their point of view - no matter how crass - on the table.

This was happening in universities as well at least while I was there, recently it has received some backlash by the hard left - as they get offended very easily.

They want to offend the Muslims and Holy Prophet (PBUH), there are no other reasons. I think if Muslims do the same in India to Hindu books or their stone Gods same will happen to them.

Those are called idols of Gods, those stones are not God.

And sorry if your intent was just to pass a covert snide remark to offend.

Maybe in Germany, not here in the UK and I know the French system as well so only speak for yourself.
In General Studies we were given a topic for eg: Holocaust, Colonialism, Slavery... We would spend one lesson in researching pros vs cons and the second lesson would be a debate. There was no winner the debate was for everyone to bring their point of view - no matter how crass - on the table.

This was happening in universities as well at least while I was there, recently it has received some backlash by the hard left - as they get offended very easily.

I've said it earlier in this thread, our Prophet gave us lots of examples of patience and mercy, including on this very subject. I'm a practicing Muslim, but also a law abiding citizen, everyone must understand the reasonable legal and moral limits of their beliefs, they must not stray into imposing on the freedom of others, let alone violence or taking a life.

Sir voices like yours are in a minority. I have muslim friends here and our discussions are free from fear of offending any particular sentiment especially religious. They agree that what is lacking in the Muslim community is a figure like Martin Luther King. If you look at what he did and the odds against him - then what he achieved by peaceful means; it is something the current Muslim leadership should learn from.

And that ended the issue for Black people right? We don't need any BLM for today right?

Martin Luther King Jr. was a respectable leader, but basically his movement lost steam when he died and he was resurrected as some liberal hero, even though according to himself he was a radical.

Screenshot-2020-01-17-17.36.18.png

Even then I would not discuss religious POV with a Muslim passer by because I have seen and heard how emotional and personal this discussion can become. This needs to change. I have never understood why people will not ignore but take offence and then take the law of the land in their own hands.

The tendency of outsiders to pass off their stereotypes and lack of knowledge about Islam and Muslims as facts is what irritates us.

You can simply ask Muslims their views and accept their right to believe as they choose, but you are still looking with a colonial lense.

Some people point to the holocaust and Jews, they conveniently forget that they lobbied for these laws, if the Jews started beheading people because they come across a holocaust denier, there is no country in West which will be passing laws in their favour.

Those Zionist groups also lobbied quite effectively for war against Afghanistan and Iraq, for sanctioning Palestinians, in support of Indian occupation in kashmir, and to destabilize Turkey, iran, and Pakistan.

ADL, a supposed civil rights organization, refused to attend a conference post-2001 when Muslim organizations joined in. They not only did that, but tried to pressure Bush to stop rapprochement with the Muslim world.

We all know they exercise tremendous power and influence in the corporate, banking, military, and political power centers of the US.

Also to the other members who are pointing out how a discussion in a class with respect to these images was not a right thing. That's probably because you have not studied in these environments. A classroom is hallowed ground - discussion and debate on taboo topics is normal in the west, in fact it is purposefully done to initiate a rational thought process and understanding of different point of views.

Your analysis does not properly convey the issue. Most of us are Westerners ourselves. We grew up in the West, studied here, and have jobs/businesses/professions here.

We understand the West, its limitations of the freedom of speech, and its defamation laws.

These individuals go out of their way to make an exception to harass, badger, insult, and villify Muslims, then they cry when one vigilante takes matters into his own hands for revenge.

If you push a whole population against the wall, make it difficult to interact with the rest of your society, bully their children in your schools (forcing them to open islamic schools,) bully their candidates in politics and jail when you like, and then keep hate speech and war propaganda blaring against them on the radio, internet, tv, written media, and speeches, then ofcourse eventually someone will snap.

Then you use that lone case to tarnish 2 billion people. This is all done by design.

The whole purpose of public schools is uniformity and conformity.

I was taught various lies in school, like how Muslims were responsible for the bubonic plague, that Muslims refused to allow pilgrims into the holy land, and that Muslims persecuted Christians and Jews.

Racism and islamophobia is endemic in the West, and who knows the extent now, because we are not able to send our Muslim children to public schools without fear of bullying, abuse, psychological torture, and even murder by fellow students and teacher.

Many Muslim parents are forced to send their children to islamic schools, which decreases the likelihood that Non-Muslims will have Muslim friends growing up.

If you feel it is unfair, take it to GHQ and talk with Mods about it.

Last edited:
The teacher can't be more stupid...he knows how violently muslims react to things that are against Mohammad....he need not have displayed those insulting cartoons to teach freedom of expression...
such stupid childish acts will only bring animosity.
Muslims should leave countries like France .It's clear the more muslims engage in violence the more French are going to engage in more demeaning acts against Mohammad..
It's better to ignore these things if they want a peaceful life in France.
But in this case I don't have much sympathy for the teacher as displaying such things and insulting a religion in a classroom where muslim children are there sends wrong signals to those muslim children..they feel they are being discriminated..they are being targetted....no teacher should ever discuss anything bad about any religion in a class where children of different religions are there(this applies more to pakistani teachers and lecturers who talk badly about hindus in classrooms)
How many Pakistani institute do you studied? Please name them.

Not so surprised to see the reactions of "Muslims" in this thread. Expected response 'Dont blame the entire community for one bad apple". And how 99.9% of community is peaceful in the western world. The hard truth is atleast a good percentage of people is blaming the teacher for the killing and secretly happy that he is killed. And you won't be surprised how the next "one isolated" incident will be from this community of this thought process.

NZ PM lead the world on how to react when an attacker killed people in a mosque. And here we have people justifying it. It's not an surprise anymore. After some days one more killing will take place. Folks will come out and say '99.9% of our people believe in peace and their faith is strong". There are a lots of factor resulting in that 'one' person. And that factor is a lots of persons having a radicalised viewpoint.

Terrorists are those who attack our beloved Prophet s.a.w.
I salute that man who beheaded that so called that extremist teacher.
For us, respect for our beloved Prophet is more than our lives.

Even when our prophet was insulted, attacked etc he never killed. What lesson does he gave us ? Patience !
It’s people like you who thraw oil on fire and make non Muslims people to insult more and more our prophet.
Think about it with serenity in your heart and in your brain.

Back
Top Bottom