What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

We recently had 'Aurat March' in many cities on womens day. Many hardline conservative showed up, not to join but to oppose. Regressive behaviour to say the least. But only highlighting the hardliners and not seeing the progressives would be faulty. Those women's right activists are just as much Muslim as those Jamat e Islami women. Muslims are people just like anybody. If anything ghetto-izing them will lead to further radicalization. It's what happened to blacks in Harlem.

muslim-women-wearing-burqas-walking-along-street-pune-india-AF20TH.jpg

women-in-burkas-walking-along-the-high-street-pune-india-af20xh.jpg

Regular sight on MG Road. Which is downtown Poona Camp.
MG Road la khup kami vela jaato. Madhe gelelo aani madhunach sankhya vadhleli disli hyanchi. Kiva ata jasta burkha ghalayla lagle ahet mhanun disat astil.

Last edited:
Fair point. It's for you lot to sort out. However, no point playing "democracy" if you move to ban the burkha. India's choice but then lie in whatever bed you make for yourselves.
Tell me, do you want women to fully cover themselves in black cloth in 40 degree heat? I hope you understand that it goes against basic humanitarian principles.

I support the Triple Talaq ban.I'm not an Indian so doesn't matter shit but are you guys willing to ban female foeticide and Vidwa Ashrams? Don't be hypocritical na. You're using women's rights to further your anti Muslim agenda that's all.

Dowry is practiced, my UC Hindu friend's sister was killed a few years ago for dowry and she was a MD Doctor.
We personally don't practice these regressive things. I have heard even some Indian Muslims practice dowry.

God doesn't like it but still allowed it. That progressive thinking. separation between husband and wife only make demons happy.
Aa gaya thekedaar. My conversation with you is not going to be fruitful so let's stop here itself.

Tell me, do you want women to fully cover themselves in black cloth in 40 degree heat? I hope you understand that it goes against basic humanitarian principles.
Doesn't matter what I want. Matters what they want and do free from coercion. I'm not debating the scientific advantages or disadvantages of covering head to toe - it swings both ways by the way. Anyway, I shouldn't wade into India's debate any further. My point is clear and for once, brief.

We personally don't practice these regressive things. I have heard even some Indian Muslims practice dowry.

Typical whataboutism. So what if you don't practice it. Millions of Hindus still do. Are you willing to speak out against that and take out morchas or your women's right activism only extends to when it concerns Muslim women?

Back
Top Bottom