What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

You continue to lash out.

You say us. We are not talking about you. We are talking about our Muslims.

We are speaking facts and giving on the ground details.

You are simply lashing generically and attacking members whose views are not palatable to you.

If you have something factual and credible to add about Indian Muslims and the OP please go ahead. Your rants are boring and have been for some time now.

Who died and made you the spokesperson for Indian Muslims? There are plenty of Indian Muslims like jamahir and xeuss they can speak for themselves. Easy there toots.

Yeah like charging the Muslim ghettos with religious Hindu slogans right in the capital

Riots are different.

I'm the one who has given the forum a full blueprint of how the Hindu consolidation began in the 90s and ho state machinery is deployed.

But you have to understand that riots are not good for everyone. As far as possible we live in peace in between riots.

One way of maintaining that peace is not fingering Muslims unnecessarily.

Police are political remember. They do not do anything on their own.

Yes, but only as a steak. I can't stand curried meat. Or fish. And yes, many I know do. My wife, however, is a pure vegetarian, although she keeps urging me to order something else when we dine out, in spite of my disinclination - I happen to be a 95% of the time vegetarian.
Incidentally, on this point, there is a graphic somewhere on the Internet that I saw years ago. If we draw concentric circles with the centre in Gujarat, in Kutch to be specific, every 100 kms outward shows an increase in the percentage of the non-vegetarian eating population. Finally, on the coasts and in eastern India, Bengal onwards, it is very highly meat- and fish-eating.

The map works only for India, so the concentric circles are arcs that stop at the national boundaries.

95% vegetarian is a bit too much but that is definitely the norm in India...I think it's the complete opposite for me (maybe not 95 but surely 85% non veg, 15% veg for me). I eat very few veggies. A French Fry here, a banana there. I don't eat rice, rotis, pastas whatever. My doctors have adviced me to include more greens in my diet.

I do love a decent steak myself. Of course, that's what I like to eat everyday.

Don't get me started about Gujarat. I went there once, and was starving the whole time.

Doc is it possible that a Muslim family is more likely to face harassment than a Hindu at a police check post when returning from a late night dinning session? Could be a reason they don't visit Hindu dominated posh localities very often

Correct observation. Muslim youth are harassed more by Indian police.

India truly is a Nazi society. You just need to see the way Indian members like padamchen talk about Indian Muslims.

'The police know how to take care of our Indian Muslims very well'

BC Indian Muslims nahi hogayay housepets hogayay that they're even spoken for. The privilege is sickening.

Also you eon't get halal in non veg ones. Even me I try to stick with veg,egg or fish ones if I dine in non muslim restaurant.

Food preference makes it another reason to stick to Muslim or Christian restaurants. You certainly don't want to be looked at as some savage for eating a burger.

When I first got here back in 2011, I was shocked at how Hindutva Indians were running this place. At one point I thought it was an Indian forum with a Pakistani subsection.

It has been cleaned up but I kind of miss the good old days. It was the wild west back then

Thats exactly why i never joined defence.pk back then..was a silent spectator on sidelines..never wanted to land in an un-moderated space..glad things have changed ..

Don't get me started about Gujarat. I went there once, and was starving the whole time.

Seriously, no onion and garlic is brutal.

I was told by one Gujurati friend that the reasoning is that they are considered like animals due to having layers of skin.

For a Pakistani who eats tandoori chicken, tikke, or beef seekh kabab, always with onion drizzled with lemon. That lifestyle is simply not possible.

I was told by one Gujurati friend that the reasoning is that they are considered like animals due to having layers of skin.

For a Pakistani who eats tandoori chicken, tikke, or beef seekh kabab, always with onion drizzled with lemon. That lifestyle is simply not possible.

I know a Gujarati Hindu girl based in the UK. She married a Pakistani, and told me he converted to vegetarianism for her. So, definitely exceptions exist among Pakistan.
That would be very funny though.

Yup. Most Indian Muslim males too think like you.

You are after all the same people.

And we are aware that Muslims in the UK are a lot more orthodox and into similar hyper-religious signaling in a non Muslim predominant society, like Indian Muslims.

@Naofumi
Was feeling too unmotivated to post anything but I agree with Prashant here.
Burqas are on a decline in Delhi, even in the old city areas. Though they are very common in poor families, especially migrants from UP and Bihar.
@jamahir @Joe Shearer That's what I was talking about.

He doesn't know the proper reason. According to ayurveda there are three types of foods

1. Satvik (Food of the Brahmins) Fruits from upper part of tree, milk and milk by products come under this this type of food is good for scholars as it won't create anxiety or tension in body.

2. Rajasik( Food of the warriors) Intoxicating drinks , nerve stimulating drinks come under this .

3. Tamasik( Food of the lower castes) Meat, food of underground( tubers, onion , garlic),hard drinks these foods bring negative character in humans.

Back
Top Bottom