What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

There is nothing called the green chaddi, pls.

Look around you at the answers to this thread. They are all around you. They are the counterparts of the khaki chaddis, equally violent, equally irresponsible, equally communal, equally outliers of any reasonable position.

Look around you at the answers to this thread. They are all around you. They are the counterparts of the khaki chaddis, equally violent, equally irresponsible, equally communal, equally outliers of any reasonable position.
Can you point out some examples? Please.

LOL- OK Puberty Jokes over- You can make me HOT NOW!

images

According to one of our two polymaths with Indian flags, your recommended way forward is through 'non-veg
videos.

Can you point out some examples? Please.

After the 13th. With pleasure at being to help, sadly, in having to point to so many clods.

I would disagree, this is not true for most places I have been to. Burqas are on a steep decline, and one common demand of Muslim women while marrying, is that the husband doesn't force them to wear a burqa. Some rare rich people who live in ghettos do wear one, but anyone living in mixed areas and actually interacting with other communities would not want to wear one. You will be judged daily.
(hyper religiosity makes you unwanted in most societies. That's a reason you will rarely see any Hindu wearing saffron or applying Tilak, in cities.)
For a working person, you are unlikely to be considered for most private jobs if you wear your faith on your sleeve.

They look poor. Poor households tend to be more religious.

It's across all their social strata. Rich, middle class, poor.

When they go out of their Muslim areas. Into non Muslim ones.

They will increasingly wear various technical variations indoors as well in academic and professional settings.

You would be hard pressed to find a Muslim woman wearing normal clothes like you see in Pakistani upper crust street videos.

The reason is that Pakistan is one large Muslim area. Not that the people are different.

It's across all their social strata. Rich, middle class, poor.

When they go out of their Muslim areas. Into non Muslim ones.

They will increasingly wear various technical variations indoors as well in academic and professional settings.

You would be hard pressed to find a Muslim woman wearing normal clothes like you see in Pakistani upper crust street videos.

The reason is that Pakistan is one large Muslim area. Not that the people are different.
You would be here pressed to find a burqa clad woman outside ghettos, in Delhi. Maybe it is different in Pune and Mumbai.
Exceptions exist, though.

Very common amongst the poor, and jobless, though.

You would be here pressed to find a burqa clad woman outside ghettos, in Delhi. Maybe it is different in Pune and Mumbai.
Exceptions exist, though.

Very common amongst the poor, and jobless, though.

Yes I've been consistently talking about Bombay and Poona.

I don't know Delhi at all.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom