What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

Also you eon't get halal in non veg ones. Even me I try to stick with veg,egg or fish ones if I dine in non muslim restaurant.

You can ask the manager.

I once went to a small French-style eatery and asked the manager that question. He said yes and only then I ate.

He doesn't know the proper reason. According to ayurveda there are three types of foods

1. Satvik (Food of the Brahmins) Fruits from upper part of tree, milk and milk by products come under this this type of food is good for scholars as it won't create anxiety or tension in body.

2. Rajasik( Food of the warriors) Intoxicating drinks , nerve stimulating drinks come under this .

3. Tamasik( Food of the lower castes) Meat, food of underground( tubers, onion , garlic),hard drinks these foods bring negative character in humans.

Now that's an unscientific belief.

That Muslims are not regressing.

Hijab is more common than Burqa especially in middle and upper class.

The only time I have seen a hijab ( head scarf ) in my city was on a doctor in a hospital where my late father had been admitted.

Otherwise, for women over 15, the burqa is quite common among the middle-class., though not so common among the posh class ( builders, politicians etc ) at least from the photos I see in newspaper and internet.

In the following video the narrator tried to explain the relation between segregation and communal violence though he missed many points and according to his own data it does not collaborate well like in Hyderabad it is more segregated second to Ahmedabad but communal disturbance is much lower in Hyderabad with all its shortsightedness the video do explain in lucid way the co-relation between segregation and communal violence. Do watch and share your views.

@jamahir @xeuss @TheGreatMaratha @Joe Shearer @SecularNationalist @secular.muslim @AfrazulMandal @Politico @Areesh @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Pandora @masterchief_mirza @Naofumi @prashantazazel @Mangus Ortus Novem @Mentee
Good research and thoughts. I liked the last part where he focused on the need of bettering of the legal system but alas even video identified criminals of Delhi violence are not being arrested because they belong to the majority community whereas Muslims are being arrested in wholesale.
The only time I have seen a hijab ( head scarf ) in my city was on a doctor in a hospital where my late father had been admitted.

Otherwise, for women over 15, the burqa is quite common among the middle-class., though not so common among the posh class ( builders, politicians etc ) at least from the photos I see in newspaper and internet.
Can regional differences be at play?

Stockholme Syndrome.

This is obviously a protest procession.

But my point is Muslim women in Pune across class lines dress like this in public spaces.

Which is the point I was making on this thread while unaware Pakistani members were ranting about my white privilege.

Yeah that procession met a violent fate at the hands of rss goons later on
Do you support Triple Talaq?

But my point is Muslim women in Pune across class lines dress like this in public spaces.

Which is the point I was making on this thread while unaware Pakistani members were ranting about my white privilege.
I've said this earlier as well. Muslims need to reform themselves. Someone has to come from within. If non-Muslims recommend something, they will never accept.

Muslims themselves are responsible for all the stereotypes.

It's a matter of class stratification. Most Muslims in India are poor so that's who become most visible. You also have modern Muslims like Arfa Khanum Sherwani and Shabana Azmi. I'm not gonna lie and say we are much different. Most Christians in Pak are poor so that's the most visible representation of Christians here. The representation of blacks in USA pre 1960s was much the same. But they moved out of it through the Civil rights movement and Martin Luther King. India needs to go that way with regards to Muslims instead of going the way of Nazi Germany.

Organised by AIMPLB, expected and nothing of surprise.

muslim-women-wearing-burqas-walking-along-street-pune-india-AF20TH.jpg

women-in-burkas-walking-along-the-high-street-pune-india-af20xh.jpg

Regular sight on MG Road. Which is downtown Poona Camp.

@Cliftonite these are rich college girls out for shopping on Mains.

It was a very bad example to prove your point, it was organised by AIMPLB - which is the most regressive and sought most strictest implementation of Hanafi fiqh in the personal lives of Muslims. It's like showing a Go mutra party to prove something about Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom