What's new

A Take On Communal Violence In India

oNLY IN Chandan Hola and Jaitpur where muslims have a bit presence and in Chandan Hola it is 66 percent. Rest are too insignificant to mention. As per my comment there it is pretty common and recent violences are making most muslims to go for muslim majority area . Mostly poors and middle classes uses segregated area fro their won safety now riches are joining the bandwagon too.

This is the same model as seen on Juhu Galli and Yari Road in Mumbai and Fakhri Hills and Kondhwa / Kausar Bagh / Mohammedwadi in Pune.

Rich, middle class, poor. A complete ecosystem. Plumbers. Electricians. Fruits and vegetables and meat and ATMs and schools and bank branches. Restaurants. Malls. Mosques.

A non Muslim unaccompanied by a Muslim cannot go beyond the male common non AC area of the restaurants there.

Burqas are on a decline in Delhi, even in the old city areas. Though they are very common in poor families, especially migrants from UP and Bihar.
(not surprisingly, I have met a lot of poor Hindus from these areas, and they are extremely backward too. But they tend to get a pass, because they don't look different)
I missed this point, but most ghettos are full of the poor folks from UP and Bihar, and many are recent migrants. So those backward cultural attributes get imported into the city, and can persist for a while in these areas.

I don't hear of any such migration. Most people I know want to migrate out of the ghettos.
Yeah after recent violence everyone is in fear of retaliation. The recent incidents changed everything.However now a days even educated ones dorn burqa or hizab it is a trend now a days not only the poor ones. And recent incidents is accelerating it as earlier people did not give much importance to identity as such and many tends to see it as backward. It started to change with the arrival of Zakir Naik love him or hate him he did have a profound effect of muslims and recent internet boom has made many preachers who teaches religion with reasons and everything has helped also , if it is not for them Islam was eroding drastically and then the current govt happened who made Islamic belief firmer on the people.

I'm getting too many soft warnings on this forum. It seems all the Hindutvadi Indian posters are reporting me left, right and centre. And the mod's aren't exactly dismissing their frivolous appeals. I have been called a sexist, a bigot, and a racist for some of my statements.

Is it very common and does it happen to everyone else?

Some of the members here have a tendency to target members in gangs. If you are being targeted, please make a thread in GHQ and discuss it with Mods.

Most of all report them.

You are being targeted now because your views and statements are inconvenient to the propaganda some would like to portray.

I have been in your position as well, so I know exactly what is happening.

Mods made it clear that members should not be discussed, rather ideas should be.

This is the same model as seen on Juhu Galli and Yari Road in Mumbai and Fakhri Hills and Kondhwa / Kausar Bagh / Mohammedwadi in Pune.

Rich, middle class, poor. A complete ecosystem. Plumbers. Electricians. Fruits and vegetables and meat and ATMs and schools and bank branches. Restaurants. Malls. Mosques.

A non Muslim unaccompanied by a Muslim cannot go beyond the male common non AC area of the restaurants there.
India is too much divided on caste one of my friend is from AP he was telling that even in the buses they have seats reserved for specific caste people while both being Hindus. Forget muslims Hindus are too much also divided by caste line.

Stupid post. False equivocation.

Okay unkill. Don't make generalizations. I don't talk about the struggles or lives of Parsis. Don't act like you're some spokesperson for Indian Muslims. Ain't nobody need no white saviour complex from boomers.

India is too much divided on caste one of my friend is from AP he was telling that even in the buses they have seats reserved for specific caste people while both being Hindus. Forget muslims Hindus are too much also divided by caste line.

Sick society. Racist at it's core. Let them self implode on themselves. A 1.4 billion infested shithole with all kinds of crazy traditions of racial hierachies.

I know buddy. What we share here with the good Pakistanis is a very sanitized glimpse into India.

10 out of 10 PDF Pakistanis would have PTSD if they actually visited India. And lived here.

@vegav thinks I'm an "elite" and I do not know our society. He probably does not know I grew up in south Bihar.

My personal favourite was when once I debated with a personal friend who - having been raised in mixed communities in UK was far more balanced in his own views than perhaps the people you're describing - argued with me that banning Pakistani cricketers from IPL was a matter of justifiable national Indian interest. I don't like cricket...in any case I was triggered so argued back.

His dear mother who overheard in the kitchen charged in and added that people like Shahid Afridi are a security risk if they carry bombs. I laughed because I thought she was joking but she was actually serious! I still laughed out of politeness. But the level of misinformation and disinformation among some in India and the older diaspora generations is disconcerting.

Its not surprising at all when we look at what the main stream Brahman controlled media outlets are feeding a regular Indian on daily basis. Everything non Hindu by default becomes a threat.

Okay unkill. Don't make generalizations. I don't talk about the struggles or lives of Parsis. Don't act like you're some spokesperson for Indian Muslims. Ain't nobody need no white saviour complex from boomers.

You continue to lash out.

You say us. We are not talking about you. We are talking about our Muslims.

We are speaking facts and giving on the ground details.

You are simply lashing generically and attacking members whose views are not palatable to you.

If you have something factual and credible to add about Indian Muslims and the OP please go ahead. Your rants are boring and have been for some time now.

Do you eat beef? I know many Hindu Bengalis do. Not that it's very important.

Yes, but only as a steak. I can't stand curried meat. Or fish. And yes, many I know do. My wife, however, is a pure vegetarian, although she keeps urging me to order something else when we dine out, in spite of my disinclination - I happen to be a 95% of the time vegetarian.
Incidentally, on this point, there is a graphic somewhere on the Internet that I saw years ago. If we draw concentric circles with the centre in Gujarat, in Kutch to be specific, every 100 kms outward shows an increase in the percentage of the non-vegetarian eating population. Finally, on the coasts and in eastern India, Bengal onwards, it is very highly meat- and fish-eating.

The map works only for India, so the concentric circles are arcs that stop at the national boundaries.

:lol:

I live in very cosmopolitan south Poona.

Doc is it possible that a Muslim family is more likely to face harassment than a Hindu at a police check post when returning from a late night dinning session? Could be a reason they don't visit Hindu dominated posh localities very often

Doc is it possible that a Muslim family is more likely to face harassment than a Hindu at a police check post when returning from a late dinning session? Could be a reason they don't visit Hindu dominated posh localities very often

The opposite buddy.

Our police handle Muslims very very carefully.

I know buddy. What we share here with the good Pakistanis is a very sanitized glimpse into India.

10 out of 10 PDF Pakistanis would have PTSD if they actually visited India. And lived here.

@vegav thinks I'm an "elite" and I do not know our society. He probably does not know I grew up in south Bihar.
Not all are same for example in Bengal and north east caste based things are nil though in bengal marriage most often based upon castes. But both is north and south it is present in virulent way. Even Christians,Sikhs practise it. What I found most sick is when one guy who does not know my identity in real life though told me for them the best way to get rid of sins is to have sex with a christian or muslim girl it will make them absolve of all the sins. The guy is well educated , is in good position and he has such mindset.Now tell how can you correct this type of people.

Doc is it possible that a Muslim family is more likely to face harassment than a Hindu at a police check post when returning from a late night dinning session? Could be a reason they don't visit Hindu dominated posh localities very often
Also you eon't get halal in non veg ones. Even me I try to stick with veg,egg or fish ones if I dine in non muslim restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom