What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he will be classied as a Pakistani Punjabi today. He was said to have been born in Jhelum (Pakistan's Punjab).

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. No Pakistani here would consider it a reliable source. The whole of wikipedia is infested by indians.

Pakistanis are claiming what is ours, what belongs to on our own land. I think the whole world will agree we are right about this.

You do realise there was no thing as Pakistan back then?? From Afghanistan to Kanya Kumari there was one country INDIA!!

He was not pakistan! Then why do historians from other countries call him 'ancient indian ruler' and not a pakistani??

They only things/persons left for you guys to claim is first king ever to rule WHOLE "Bharat" King Bharat the great , Ashoka the great, Akbar the great, nalanda university, aryabhatta [oh wait you've already claimed zero], Sushrupta [indian surgeon who had an equipment which can tear a human hair apart vertically], Panini [mother of sanskrit, which is said to be mother of all the indo-european languages oh wait you'll call it pak-european languages wouldn't you?], and soon you'll call all the indian religions [hinduism, buddhism, jainism and sikhism] pakistani religions??
What about our president Manmohan Singh since he was born there?

Why don't you guys just go and claim the name "India"??

You do realise there was no thing as Pakistan back then?? From Afghanistan to Kanya Kumari there was one country INDIA!!

india was a word used to describe the geographic location of South Asia. Just as how "middle east" is used to describe the geographic location of south-west and western Asian countries.

Modern-day republic of india was created on 15th August 1947. Just because you kept the name "india" for your newly-formed/british-made country in 1947, to try and hold a dominance over all other south Asian countires, doesn't mean we are going to allow you Dravdians, to hold a dominance on us.

Please wake up, and come back to reality.

india was a word used to describe the geographic location of South Asia. Just as how "middle east" is used to describe the geographic location of south-west and western Asian countries.

Modern-day republic of india was created on 15th August 1947. Just because you kept the name "india" for your newly-formed/british-made country in 1947, to try and hold a dominance over all other south Asian countires, doesn't mean we are going to allow you Dravdians, to hold a dominance on us.

Please wake up, and come back to reality.

OMG! This is so flabbergasting!! India is not a word to describe the geographic location!! It has always been a country but some muslims who didn't wanna live with dirty kafirs of india created own country with majority of muslims!!

And at least the world knew about india or hindia or bharat! Bur are you telling me ANYONE in the whole world had heard of word ''pakistan'' before "the partition of INDIA"??

And btw I'm from central India so I'm "Indo-Aryan" not dravidian! Anyone who speaks hindi, gujarati, marathi, bihari, bhojapuri, rajasthani [indo-aryan languages] are indo-aryans!

"Indo-Aryan is an ethno-linguistic term referring to the wide collection of peoples united as native speakers of the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-Iranian family of Indo-European languages. Today, there are over one billion native speakers of Indo-Aryan languages, most of them native to South Asia, where they form the majority."

There are 830 million indo-aryans in India!!
Indo-Aryan peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And is being Dravidian supposed to be a bad thing? No wonder we devided, there was no way on earth we could have lived peacefully with such people who believe in race colour, ethnicity, religion so much!! And its about time you wake up and smell the coffee kiddoo!!

OMG! This is so flabbergasting!! India is not a word to describe the geographic location!! It has always been a country but some muslims who didn't wanna live with dirty kafirs of india created own country with majority of muslims!!

And at least the world knew about india or hindia or bharat! Bur are you telling me ANYONE in the whole world had heard of word ''pakistan'' before "the partition of INDIA"??

I dont know if your saying this from ignorance or insecurities?

"india" was a word to describe the geographic location of south Asia. Just as how "Middle East" is used to describe the geographic location of south-west and western Asian countires. There was never a united nation known as "india" untill 1947. Simple as that.

When they British came to south Asia, there were hundreds of independent states, and they lumped all these states together under their Empire.

The world didn't hear about the name "Pakistan" before 1947, because we Pakistanis, chose our own name for our own Country.

Unlike you indians who gave this name "india" to your country, which was given by foreigners/invaders. But the main reason your ancestors chose the name "india" for your country was so they could keep a dominance over all of south Asia.

When people refer to partition of "india", they refer to partition of "British india" (i dont refer to it as partition at all, there was no partition. since both Pakistan and india were created in 1947, only Punjab was "partitioned" in 1947).

From the CIA Factbook:

"The separation in 1947 of British India into the Muslim state of Pakistan (with West and East sections) and largely Hindu India"

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

Truth Teller why do you insist on making a fool out of yourself when you know nothing about history.

I have studied many ancient documents (the actual sources, not Wikipedia) and I use those to form my understanding of history. I have even posted some of those documents on PDF so everyone can read and learn from them. I suggest that you do so as well.

Do not try to fabricate your own version of history to suit your own flawed agenda.

He dsnt have to be a freaking ' Punjabi' Hero ! Pakistani hero is enough, - sub nationalist traitors!

I dont know if your saying this from ignorance or insecurities?

"india" was a word to describe the geographic location of south Asia. Just as how "Middle East" is used to describe the geographic location of south-west and western Asian countires. There was never a united nation known as "india" untill 1947. Simple as that.

When they British came to south Asia, there were hundreds of independent states, and they lumped all these states together under their Empire.

The world didn't hear about the name "Pakistan" before 1947, because we Pakistanis, chose our own name for our own Country.

Unlike you indians who gave this name "india" to your country, which was given by foreigners/invaders. But the main reason your ancestors chose the name "india" for your country was so they could keep a dominance over all of south Asia.

When people refer to partition of "india", they refer to partition of "British india" (i dont refer to it as partition at all, there was no partition. since both Pakistan and india were created in 1947, only Punjab was "partitioned" in 1947).

From the CIA Factbook:

"The separation in 1947 of British India into the Muslim state of Pakistan (with West and East sections) and largely Hindu India"

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

yes there was no pakistan before 14 aug 1947 so there were no pakistanis before 14 aug 1947 the region was called bharatvarsh and then india by the greeks and the arabs so he cannot be a pakistani modern or ancient and please dont reply with there was no india before 15 aug 1947 we already know that

yes there was no pakistan before 14 aug 1947 so there were no pakistanis before 14 aug 1947 the region was called bharatvarsh and then india by the greeks and the arabs so he cannot be a pakistani modern or ancient and please dont reply with there was no india before 15 aug 1947 we already know that

Pakicetid

Pakicetids or Pakicetidae are a carnivorous mammal family of the suborder Archaeoceti which lived during the Early Eocene to Middle Eocene (55.8 mya—40.4 mya) in Pakistan and existed for approximately 15.4 million years.[1]
As Cetacea, Pakicetidae precede the whales and dolphins in transition from land. Because their fossils were found near bodies of water, they are presumed to have spent part of their life in water.
Pakicetus was the first discovered in 1983 by Philip Gingerich, Neil Wells, Donald Russell, and S. M. Ibrahim Shah, and all species are known only from a few sites in Pakistan, hence the name of the first genera and the family as a whole. The region is believed to have been coastal to the Tethys Sea when the pakicetids lived, some 53 million years ago.
The pakicetids are presumed to be ancestors of modern whales because of the three following features unique to whales: peculiarities in the positioning of the ear bones within the skull, the folding in a bone of the middle ear, and the arrangement of cusps on the molar teeth. The current theory is that modern whales evolved from archaic whales such as basilosaurids, which in turn evolved from something like the amphibious ambulocetids, which themselves evolved from something like the land-dwelling pakicetids. Since pakicetids are the distant relatives of whales, they have similar features to the Mesonychid.

Pakicetus_BW.jpg

Pakicetid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When this animal was discovered as the ancestor of all whales and dolphins, indian scientists lobbied very hard to name it after india, but Pakistani scientists managed to convince the international fraternity of scientist to recognise Ancient Pakistan. :wave:

Pakicetid

Pakicetids or Pakicetidae are a carnivorous mammal family of the suborder Archaeoceti which lived during the Early Eocene to Middle Eocene (55.8 mya—40.4 mya) in Pakistan and existed for approximately 15.4 million years.[1]
As Cetacea, Pakicetidae precede the whales and dolphins in transition from land. Because their fossils were found near bodies of water, they are presumed to have spent part of their life in water.
Pakicetus was the first discovered in 1983 by Philip Gingerich, Neil Wells, Donald Russell, and S. M. Ibrahim Shah, and all species are known only from a few sites in Pakistan, hence the name of the first genera and the family as a whole. The region is believed to have been coastal to the Tethys Sea when the pakicetids lived, some 53 million years ago.
The pakicetids are presumed to be ancestors of modern whales because of the three following features unique to whales: peculiarities in the positioning of the ear bones within the skull, the folding in a bone of the middle ear, and the arrangement of cusps on the molar teeth. The current theory is that modern whales evolved from archaic whales such as basilosaurids, which in turn evolved from something like the amphibious ambulocetids, which themselves evolved from something like the land-dwelling pakicetids. Since pakicetids are the distant relatives of whales, they have similar features to the Mesonychid.

Pakicetus_BW.jpg

When this animal was discovered as the ancestor of all whales and dolphins, indian scientists lobbied very hard to name it after india, but Pakistani scientists managed to convince the international fraternity of scientist to recognise Ancient Pakistan. :wave:

LOL so now you are basing your identity off dinosaurs? :rofl:

Pakicetid

Pakicetus_BW.jpg

What is your point? This animal was discovered in 1983 and named after that. If anything, You can be proud that a pre historic animal is named after Pakistan . Thats it. This animal is not a proof of any of your claims.

Truth Teller why do you insist on making a fool out of yourself when you know nothing about history.

I have studied many ancient documents (the actual sources, not Wikipedia) and I use those to form my understanding of history. I have even posted some of those documents on PDF so everyone can read and learn from them. I suggest that you do so as well.

Do not try to fabricate your own version of history to suit your own flawed agenda.

This is so typical of you indians.

I gave you simple facts, which is hard for you to cope with.

I even gave you quote from the CIA Factbook (which is considered by many to be the most reliable source on the internet).

There was no united Country known as "india" untill 1947. Before 1947"india" use to refer to geographic location of south Asia.

Anybody with a simple common sense can search this, and work it out for themselves. :tup:

Pakicetid

Pakicetus_BW.jpg

Rafi, you should start a seperate thread about this to make more Pakistanis aware. :agree:

This is so typical of you indians.

I gave you simple facts, which is hard for you to cope with.

I even gave you quote from the CIA Factbook (which is considered by many to be the most reliable source on the internet).

There was no united Country known as "india" untill 1947. Before 1947"india" use to refer to geographic location of south Asia.

Anybody with a simple common sense can search this, and work it out for themselves. :tup:

Truth Teller, have you ever heard of the Mauryan Empire? Kushanas? Satavahanas? Guptas?

Do you know what name the Greeks gave to the Mauryan Empire and its lands? What name did the Romans and Parthians give to the Kushanas and Satavahanas and their lands?

Guess :lol:

Mauryan Mauryan ... irrelevant mighty empire.... irrelevant mighty empire.....

ggrrrrrrr

If you have nothing to contribute to this discussion, please go back to trolling some other thread.

Mauryan India is as irrelevant as Han China. In fact in your sad "logic" it would be considered even more "irrelevant".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom