What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not claiming ghaznavids, babur, ect. as my own. I dont give a damn for them.

I have every right to claim Porus as my own. I'm a Punjabi. King Porus fought for my land and people. Just because Punjab is apart of the subcontinent doesn't give every other ethnic group in south Asia, the right to claim Punjabi history as their own.

I dont want to share my history and identity with you.

You can choose to divide the subcontinent according to ethnicity if you wish, that's your choice. But I would prefer not to.

Modern-day India is a union of many different ethnicities, but our basic culture is still the same. I do not have to be a Punjabi to claim Porus, I can claim him because I am Indian and he was an Indian too. Simple as that.

You can choose to divide the subcontinent according to ethnicity if you wish, that's your choice. But I would prefer not to.

Modern-day India is a union of many different ethnicities, but our basic culture is still the same. I do not have to be a Punjabi to claim Porus, I can claim him because I am Indian and he was an Indian too. Simple as that.

No he did not see himself as indian, he saw himself as a king of a Punjabi kingdom - defending it from all comers, whether from anywhere.

And he told you that...

He didn't see himself as an "indian". "indian" is a word coined together by the British. "india" was used to describe the geographic location of south Asia - nothing more. But you indians decided to name your country after this name "indian" which was given to you by your British masters.

He didn't see himself as an "indian". "indian" is a word coined together by the British. "india" was used to describe the geographic location of south Asia - nothing more. But you indians decided to name your country after this name "indian" which was given to you by your British masters.

Ever heard of Bharat or Bharatvarsh, kiddo?

lol and what's with 'your British Masters' ??? :lol:

He was a Punjabi King. He would view south indians like you as inferior. Just look at how indian Punjabis view south indians.They view south indians as total out-castes.

But as you yourself said before, people with an identity crisis look upto their oppressors.

And you claiming Punjabi history as your own, is like me claiming Persian, Arab, Kurdish, history as my own. It makes no sense.

Your nation was formed out of the blue. Overnight. Just like that.

This is what all you indians say. But your Country was also created in 1947 - the same year as modern-day Pakistan. You forget this huge fact so easily.

Well I would prefer the missile to be called Manga after my ancestor lol -

That would be nice, I support that..!!

Regarding the sub-continent it was never a nation - it is too culturally and ethnically diverse to be 1 civilization. It is not out of hatred that we love what is ours and mine, but the complete opposite

Go thru the dynesties and the maps which already posted here. There were no different culture that time.. How did you think that by sitting at present day patna(Magada's capital) the king ruled almost all present day India, Pakistan & Afgan?, they depute their close relatives as governers into that area to rule and if there is any rebel movements, would send their army to opress. What did you think, even after defeating Porus(doubtful) why did Alaexander did not go forward? he fed up with Porus 200 war elephants, and Porus explained to Alexander in front of his cammanders that Nanda's army consists more than 6000 elephants + 200,000 army. Who wants to fight in a foreign land to such a massive army?, The point I'm saying is the rulers are always from this side in the history.

There were no British at the time of Porus, but some tribes in the place..

And by logic there is no Greek Army, its always Sprtans, Macidonians etc etc...but as a whole they are greeks..!!

He was a Punjabi King. He would view south indians like you as inferior. Just look at how indian Punjabis view south indians.They view south indians as total out-castes.But as you yourself said before, people with an identity crisis look upto their oppressors.

And you claiming Punjabi history as your own, is like me claiming Persian, Arab, Kurdish, history as my own. It makes no sense.

Who told you that??? Did any 'ancient Punjabi ever invaded South India?

Better you do not speak about where you have only very little knowledge..

And indians don't get a say on what we name our missiles, trying to derail this thread, lay off our history. And all the history in our country belongs to us.

Rafi, I have some bad news for you.

For most of the past 2500 years, from the Mauryas to the British, the Indus Valley has been ruled from places in the Gangetic Valley like Patna, or Delhi, or Agra.

In 1947, Pakistan was created as a Bengali-majority nation on the basis of the two nation theory.

Lol desperately pandering to the Sikhs?

This happens to be a common theme amongst many members here. They try to portray that "they" sympathize with the Sikhs and their "plight" in India!! This when in the past Indo-Pak wars, Sikhs have been........

Anyhow, erect whatever statues you want, claim whatever version of history you want. That aint gonna change History or what highly educated and experienced academics consider to be facts.

Btw, isnt Idolatry considered a sin in Abrahamic religions?

To the Point! :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom