What's new

A Sino-Indo Gathering in Xiamen(Amoy) and About Navneet Bakshi

Mostly of chinese also didnt know the boudry conlict in 1962.Honestly .we care about our own business more than india.
Bs. See @AndrewJin this is real indian behavior. We Chinese are aware of your aggressive indian forward policy that led to the war that Nehru government started and lost to an inferior Chinese army.

Bs. See @AndrewJin this is real indian behavior. We Chinese are aware of your aggressive indian forward policy that led to the war that Nehru government started and lost to an inferior Chinese army.
Are you replying to the wrong guy? He's my friend

Frankly, I'll wait... Reason? You know that....

There is no reason to wait, my friend. Just last week, I was in Varanasi wrapping up a shoot there; and I met with 3 young Chinese students there on a short flying visit. We spoke over meal-times at the place we were living. I asked them about their experiences, they said they were having a great time at all the places that they were visiting. So I mischievously said to them that India and China had fought a war in the past; therefore I was going to treat them as enemies. They just laughed at me and said that I was a very funny enemy. Then I told them (and now I'll tell you) about a Chinese-origin school-mate of mine (4th generation settled in India) who is one of my closest friends to this day (after decades). They were so interested; so I told him about his family's origins. The fact is that Silk which is such a favorite fabric of Indians (esp Indian women, including all the women in my family) was introduced by Chinese traders to India, many many years ago..... and his ancestors had something to do with that. They loved the story and...... we signed a truce and ended the war that did not begin. The students went home to China with some memories from me.... I think. And I got something to share with you here. :)

So....... now what are you waiting for? ;)

There is no reason to wait, my friend. Just last week, I was in Varanasi wrapping up a shoot there; and I met with 3 young Chinese students there on a short flying visit. We spoke over meal-times at the place we were living. I asked them about their experiences, they said they were having a great time at all the places that they were visiting. So I mischievously said to them that India and China had fought a war in the past; therefore I was going to treat them as enemies. They just laughed at me and said that I was a very funny enemy. Then I told them (and now I'll tell you) about a Chinese-origin school-mate of mine (4th generation settled in India) who is one of my closest friends to this day (after decades). They were so interested; so I told him about his family's origins. The fact is that Silk which is such a favorite fabric of Indians (esp Indian women, including all the women in my family) was introduced by Chinese traders to India, many many years ago..... and his ancestors had something to do with that. They loved the story and...... we signed a truce and ended the war that did not begin. The students went home to China with some memories from me.... I think. And I got something to share with you here. :)

So....... now what are you waiting for? ;)
I do like to travel in India, i already bought some guidebooks on golden triangle and south India. My biggest concern is can I afford it if i wanna maintain the same decency. You know, you can easily find a 30-RMB (5 US dollar)bed in a clean and spacious international youth hostel in China, but the same level in India, as Mr. Bakshi told me, will cost me double or triple money.
Don't get me wrong. I've read a lot of travelogues on India, clean and comfortable hotels seem very pricy and so is the 2A/C train. Sometimes you just wanna go, but after some thoughts, you'll think why cost so much, why not have some easy trips in Thailand or Cambodia?
In Chinese standard, I'm not rich....so...basically i am a budget traveler:-)
Always checking one day's expenses during traveling. LOL

I do like to travel in India, i already bought some guidebooks on golden triangle and south India. My biggest concern is can I afford it if i wanna maintain the same decency. You know, you can easily find a 30-RMB (5 US dollar)bed in a clean and spacious international youth hostel in China, but the same level in India, as Mr. Bakshi told me, will cost me double or triple money.
Don't get me wrong. I've read a lot of travelogues on India, clean and comfortable hotels seem very pricy and so is the 2A/C train. Sometimes you just wanna go, but after some thoughts, you'll think why cost so much, why not have some easy trips in Thailand or Cambodia?

Well...... for starters, sign up with Youth Hostels International and YMCA; that will give yo some access to Hostelry suitable for students/back-packers etc. Also the Salvation Army has some hostelry that gets used by similar tourists. Secondly, not all hotels are expensive. There are places called 'Guest-Houses' that can go upto 10-12 USD for a night, sometimes lesser, which can be clean and safe. They slot in below Hotels. Another thing that is available is 'Home-Stays' with local families which can have a tremendous range of facilities and costs. The place that I was speaking about in the post above was a guest house. Though I'm not a back-packer now and even had the budget for a hotel, I chose that place since I read about it on the internet with the location that I wanted and with a very local ambience. And I was not sorry for the choice, I made many friends there, in a short stay; both local and international. Check out recent editions of 'Lonely Planet' and similar publications, even on the net; they are a great help.
Do your research well, plan as much as can or like to..... then take off.

@AndrewJin , i would like to travel with you !! :)

Well...... for starters, sign up with Youth Hostels International and YMCA; that will give yo some access to Hostelry suitable for students/back-packers etc. Also the Salvation Army has some hostelry that gets used by similar tourists. Secondly, not all hotels are expensive. There are places called 'Guest-Houses' that can go upto 10-12 USD for a night, sometimes lesser, which can be clean and safe. They slot in below Hotels. Another thing that is available is 'Home-Stays' with local families which can have a tremendous range of facilities and costs. The place that I was speaking about in the post above was a guest house. Though I'm not a back-packer now and even had the budget for a hotel, I chose that place since I read about it on the internet with the location that I wanted and with a very local ambience. And I was not sorry for the choice, I made many friends there, in a short stay; both local and international. Check out recent editions of 'Lonely Planet' and similar publications, even on the net; they are a great help.
Do your research well, plan as much as can or like to..... then take off.
Many thanks to you!!! I've already bought LP India, then save money and find the right timing!

How I wish u were a girl and then I could marry u and traveled together. LOL
Just a joke. Of course we can, for the love of FOOD. LOL

To food and new places!

PS. I'm sure we can find some pretty ladies to accompany us ! LOL !

Hey I would like to meet you if you come here. I stay in Mumbai.

Hey I would like to meet you if you come here. I stay in Mumbai.
I'm so flattered! Now I have friends from Mumbai and Northern India.
Btw, how long it takes from Delhi to Mumbai by train and the cost(A/C)? Is Goa near from Mumbai?

Btw, how long it takes from Delhi to Mumbai by train and the cost(A/C)? Is Goa near from Mumbai?

Hey dude! Yes, consider me your friend!

It takes around 16 hours from Delhi to Mumbai by train. (We don't have HSR here :P )

Goa is not really nearby Mumbai, as in it takes around 8-10 hours by train, mainly because this track doesn't have the best of trains.

PS-
In India we have many kind of trains.
The tier 1 are some specific trains running at 120-150 km/hr at top speeds between main stations.
The superfast are more general ones that run at 80-100 km/hr.

The cost is around 3000 ruppees. That will be around $50.

Back
Top Bottom