What's new

A Sino-Indo Gathering in Xiamen(Amoy) and About Navneet Bakshi

What other countries have you been to?
humm...not many, SE Asia in general, Malay, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand....Japan &UK long time ago....lots of aborted trips recently sort of killed off the passion a little:(
mostly stay & travel in mainland, road trips exploring the not so touristy local villages & towns....and eat all the way through the travel.
( eat EVERYTHING. :devil: )

Last edited:
humm...not many, SE Asia in general, Malay, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand....Japan &UK long time ago....lots of aborted trips recently sort of killed off the passion a little:(
mostly stay & travel in mainland, road trips exploring the not so touristy local villages & towns....and eat all the way through the travel.
I've never tried road trips in China. Taking HSR is much cheaper than toll and gasoline。
BTW, i don't eat anything, I have some certain inclinations.:-)

Last edited:
I've never tried road trips in China. Taking HSR is much cheaper than toll and gasoline。
BTW, i don't dat anything, I have some certain inclinations.:-)
i enjoy both, special love for the flexibility of road trips though, some quite remote places are not connected to public transportation.

In Asia: China (i frequent HK, GZ alot), South Korea, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, India (only for business conference tho, not for fun.. :( ),

In Europe: UK, France, Holland (Netherlands), Ukraine, Italy.

In Americas: USA, Canada, Caribbean

I also love to try and taste all kinds of food from different places, buddy. I try everything, exotic, whatever. Im an explorative eater, LOL!

Btw, so you're fond of road trips eh? Man, i bet it would be nice to drive from GZ to Wuhan or Xiamen! Btw, you're originally from Northeast right? You're from Jilin originally right?

BTW, i don't eat anything, I have some certain inclinations.:-)

Picky eater, bro? LOL!!

Remember... the flavors we taste through the tongue is heavenly! :devil::lol::lol:

In Asia: China (i frequent HK, GZ alot), South Korea, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, India (only for business conference tho, not for fun.. :( ),

I also love to try and taste all kinds of food from different places, buddy. I try everything, exotic, whatever. Im an explorative eater, LOL!

Btw, so you're fond of road trips eh? Man, i bet it would be nice to drive from GZ to Wuhan or Xiamen! Btw, you're originally from Northeast right? You're from Jilin originally right?

i haven't been to continent Europe yet, it's on my list. Russia sounds fun too.
planned trips to States and Canada visiting friends, but got cancelled ....:(
and India delayed my Visa last year....aborted....pure bad luck i think:cry:

you've pretty much figured out exactly where i am now!:mad:
half Jilin half Liaoning...Jilin i most frequently go back.

i haven't been to continent Europe yet, it's on my list. Russia sounds fun too.
planned trips to States and Canada visiting friends, but got cancelled ....:(
and India delayed my Visa last year....aborted....pure bad luck i think:cry:

you've pretty much figured out exactly where i am now!:mad:
half Jilin half Liaoning...Jilin i most frequently go back.

LOL!

Who knows, you might find me walking around your campus someday. someday. ;)

Picky eater, bro? LOL!!

Remember... the flavors we taste through the tongue is heavenly! :devil::lol::lol:

Picky eater, bro? LOL!!

Picky?i'd rather say conservative. Like in Wuhan I alway have my breakfast in one place. I'm nostalgic.:-)

Last edited:
Chapter Six, A New Haicang
19 February 2015

It was the first day of Chinese Lunar New Year. People are mostly staying at home as in tradition. But for Mr.Xu, who is from northern China and currently working for a project in Haicang District of Xiamen, was eager to drive Mr. and Mrs. Bakshi to show this district he loves and serves for.

屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.09.49.png

Driving in the new Haicang District, a suburban and industrial region
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.22.27.png

Haicang Lake, the centre of New Haicang
Mind the water is seawater, linked to the sea by canal. The whole region is base on reclamation.

屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.23.54.png

Visiting Experience Hall of Information Consumption Across the Taiwan Straits
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.47.43.png

Overlooking downtown Xiamen of Xiamen Island, on the platform of Experience Hall of Information Consumption

屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.18.05.png

What are these animals?:o:
They are beyond my imagination

屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.18.57.png

Walking by the Haicang Lake
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.19.22.png

The year of Sheep,Goat or Xiyangyang? :p:
a link to Xiyangyang Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.18.37.png

Haicang Citizen Plaza
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.19.37.png

A set of Chinese lanterns
It said Chinese Dream, then Jade Emperor came. LOL
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.19.43.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.20.30.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.19.30.png

A celebration of new year from Xiamen City Calligrapher Organisation.
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 15.20.42.png

I love the design of that building..! So post-modernist !
Seriously, this time at midnight?

I love the design of that building..! So post-modernist !
China is now a total experimental park of post-post-post modern architects. Sometimes I'll think give some room for Chinese styles! But thanks to Xiamen, it also has some very beautiful Jiagen Style buildings, see Xiamen University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/集美大学. Also Xiamen North Railway Station is of this Jiagen Style.
My captures
屏幕快照 2015-03-03 16.15.00.png

Last edited:
Chapter Seven, Stone Chamber Zen Garden
19 February 2015

In the afternoon of New Year Day, Mr. Xu took Mr. and Mrs. Bakshi to a temple in Haicang District, called Stone Chamber Zen Garden. (I hope this literal translation makes sense).
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.25.10.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.19.00.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.19.26.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.19.33.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.19.17.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.19.07.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-04 00.20.01.png

since I call u a sinologist, then a small test for maintaining this name, what are these four red characters and their meaning respectively? @Nihonjin1051 @Nihonjin1051

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom