What's new

A Russian colonel reveals to RT what will happen to Israel if Egypt gets the Su-57 fighter

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
5a91ab11d437508f0d8b4599.JPG

The retired Russian army colonel Vyacheslav Gailon commented on Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov's comments that there was a possibility that Egypt would ask Russia to buy the newest Russian fighter, Sukhoi 57.

"If Egypt gets these fighters, it will give the Egyptian Air Force a full advantage over the Israeli air force," the Russian colonel said in private remarks to RT.

Colonel Gailon added that the SU-57 fighter is undoubtedly much better than the F-35 fighter, which is owned by Israel and the United States, especially in its missile-carrying system.

In response to the emergence of this fighter in the skies of Syria, the former Russian colonel confirmed that it is able to participate in the operations of Russian space air forces in special operations there, not only against terrorists, but is able to engage with a real enemy in the sky, in case US and Israeli fighters intercept Russian forces.

The new Russian fighter SU-57, produced by Sukhoi, has a remarkable stealth capability to conceal itself... It is also characterized by its speed and its great range.

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/929024-عقيد-روسي-سيحدث-لإسرائيل-امتلكت-مصر-مقاتلات-سو-المدمرة/

28059322_1415628778549587_3292446398878517468_n.jpg

Last edited:
Having strong regional airforce is in Russian National interest strong Syrian/Iranian forces would certainly help create a nice stable region

Egypt already do have ample F16 unsure what is their performance level or what is the situation with Egypt's Rafale project

The destabalization in Libra / Syria has generally created some problems in region

Egypt had to ramp up it's own military budget etc and of course Now Syria has also learned a important lesson

"If Egypt gets these fighters, it will give the Egyptian Air Force a full advantage over the Israeli air force," the Russian colonel said in private remarks to RT.

Colonel Gailon added that the SU-57 fighter is undoubtedly much better than the F-35 fighter, which is owned by Israel and the United States, especially in its missile-carrying system.

@randomradio , so what do you have to say now? This must conflict with you big time, being a full fledged advocate of all things Israeli as the greatest things on this earth and at the same time think the F-35 isn't worth half it's cost and basically a worthless fighter at standoff with hardly any penetrating caps and that the PAK-FA is going the be a 6th generation fighter, yes? This is a basic summary of what you and I have debated about these aircraft the last 6 months or so, no? So what do you make of what the Colonel just said? :lol:

Egypt already do have ample F16 unsure what is their performance level or what is the situation with Egypt's Rafale project

218 F-16s including 19 blck 52s but none with AIM-120 or AIM-9X or any JDAMs, but essentially everything else.
Rafales came with MICA IR & ER and HAMMERs. MiG-35s with R-77 and R-73 and Kh-38.

@randomradio , so what do you have to say now? This must conflict with you big time, being a full fledged advocate of all things Israeli as the greatest things on this earth and at the same time think the F-35 isn't worth half it's cost and basically a worthless fighter at standoff with hardly any penetrating caps and that the PAK-FA is going the be a 6th generation fighter, yes? This is a basic summary of what you and I have debated about these aircraft the last 6 months or so, no? So what do you make of what the Colonel just said? :lol:

218 F-16s including 19 blck 52s but none with AIM-120 or AIM-9X or any JDAMs, but essentially everything else.
Rafales came with MICA IR & ER and HAMMERs. MiG-35s with R-77 and R-73 and Kh-38.

Well that is a major issue if Egyptian planes don't have necessary missiles

Last edited:

Let me guarantee you they either already have made copy of AIM 120 or they have thru black market or a BVR type missile that is their indigenous product

The Israelis make good subsystems. They obviously can't build something like the Su-57.

And as I have already said, the Su-57 is more competitive than the F-22, so why compare to the F-35?

This is getting really frustrating with the U.S blocking every type of decent weapon procurement for our F-16 fleet.

Why didn't we join the Afghanistan and Iraqi Invasions? We would probably be getting boatloads of weapons from the U.S If we had.

And you're still a very young man, my friend. Us old geezers have been complaining about this crap for over 20 years. Think how frustrated we are! :lol:

At least the planes are free. Imagine if we paid for them like Iraq is paying for their F-16s and still not getting any BVR missiles with them? Jordan gets them. Pakistan of course. Saudiya, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco just us and Iraq. We're the bad guys.

Well that is a major issue if Egyptian planes don't have necessary missiles

That's pretty much why they went out and bought Rafales and MiG-35s.

Let me guarantee you they either already have made copy of AIM 120 or they have thru black market or a BVR type missile that is their indigenous product

I really wish I could agree with you, my friend, but I highly doubt it.

The Israelis make good subsystems. They obviously can't build something like the Su-57.

And as I have already said, the Su-57 is more competitive than the F-22, so why compare to the F-35?

So you agree with the Colonel?

So you agree with the Colonel?

If the Egyptians buy the PAK FA, they will have the best air superiority aircraft in the region. No matter what the Americans say, the F-35 will simply not cut it.

But you should also remember that the definitive version of PAK FA will only be available after 2025 and who knows when the Russians will clear it for export. Stage 1 PAK FAs are also pretty good though.

If the Egyptians buy the PAK FA, they will have the best air superiority aircraft in the region. No matter what the Americans say, the F-35 will simply not cut it.

One thing I always strive to be, is objective. No matter who, how, when or what, I never try to let patriotism or nationalism or any of that baloney pony get in the way of what I think is really the truth based on evidences I've seen. That being said, I simply cannot agree that any version of the PAK-FA in its current physical makeup will be anything close to the F-35. Regardless of if it's a Dutch one, a US one or an Israeli one.

The shaping and coating in the F-35 is far superior to what we've seen so far in the PAK-FA, by miles, my friend. We've talked about this on the other thread and listen, I'm not the only one in on this side of the debate. There are truck-loads of experts and enthusiast who share the same thought.

Even if there is a possibility that Egypt could get these in the future, just because it's our dear Egypt I still can't say that it would outperform the F-35 in Israel. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it in the EAF since I don't believe we will ever see the day where the US supports an American stealth fighter being acquired by Egypt, so we will be more than happy to see the PAK-FA there as it will offer Egypt a great opportunity to jump into the 5th generation club, but it won't be anywhere near the level of F-35. Maneuverability-wise, it should CRUSH the F-35. Stealth-wise? Nope.

I think the Colonel, with all respect, if he really thinks that's the case, give us more than just a claim. The bird itself needs to show performances to make believers out of all us skeptics.

Although, as far as Egypt is concerned, I would certainly think of at least exploring the FC-31. This thing has a lot of potential considering how quick and far the Chinese have come in their development of stealth aircraft.
My only problem with that is the introduction of yet a 4th platform that would need a 4th set of separate weaponry than what currently exists in the EAF inventory. I know India flies all sorts of different platforms but the sources are pretty much relegate to 3 excluding indigenous aircraft. Egypt should stick with the 3 it currently operates in the American F-16s, French Rafales and Russian MiG-35s and if they introduce a 4th platform, the choice is probably clear in this case.

Even this thing, to me, has better shaping than the PAK-FA, especially with the most important areas, frontal and underside. If you think about it, it's like a scaled-down F-22 minus the embedded nozzles.

img-20170117-023152-259_orig.jpg

FC-31-01-692x360.jpg

But you should also remember that the definitive version of PAK FA will only be available after 2025 and who knows when the Russians will clear it for export. Stage 1 PAK FAs are also pretty good though.

What is the definitive version of the PAK-FA bro? Or Stage 1? Are you telling me there will be Stage 1, export version, Russian version and FGFA?

The Su-57 is a """5th generation""" scam plane, I wouldn't suggest anyone to get it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom