What's new

A Pakistani Compares—Hindus in Sindh with Muslims in UP

My family transitioned through UP India on its way to Pakistan back in the day. The common person over there, let alone a Muslim - is in such a horrible mess. In Karachi MQM illegally collect hafta money. In UP there are some places where policemen collect it, they give big bribes within the police department to be located in Muslim areas where they can milk the minority even more.

Exactly!

That is the whole point.

When the entire state is doing poorly, you cannot blame the majority of depriving the minority of its rights.

It's like you're blaming one bhookha nanga for not helping the other bhookha nanga.

can't you simply understand the fact that making it to the top or not has nothing to do with religion in india!

if you've got the talent you will make it to the top.

I am not trying to understand the reasons behind why Indian Muslims (especially from UP, Bihar) lag behind; maybe it's their own fault, maybe it's the state; it frankly concerns me very little. I am not looking at the exceptional, I am looking at the overall state of the community. Indian Muslims (especially the ones from UP) unfortunately are the most impoverished, backward community in India, even more than Dalits. Hindus in Pakistan are however, very resourceful, financially sound; quite prosperous & integrated in mainstream Pakistani society.

Just the fact that you hear about some of their plights (kidnappings etc), & the fact that they have raised their voices & pressurized the government to take action show they are much more empowered than Indian Muslims from UP, whose voices you never hear.

You are totally divorced from reality.

Everytime a Hindu girl runs away with her Muslim boyfriend, you claim rape and forced conversion.

This actually happened recently when a Hindu girl ran away with her boyfriend/Lover and her parents claimed forced conversion. In the presence of her parents, the girl told the judge she wants nothing to do with her parents and wants to live with her Muslim husband. I think your prejudice has clouded your Judgement. Like I told you before, get real and stop believing in your own BS.

Oh really. So why dont we hear of Muslim women in Pakistan running away with their Hindu boyfriends? The only one who is remotely believing in BS here is yourself.

I am not trying to understand the reasons behind why Indian Muslims (especially from UP, Bihar) lag behind; maybe it's their own fault, maybe it's the state; it frankly concerns me very little. I am not looking at the exceptional, I am looking at the overall state of the community. Indian Muslims (especially the ones from UP) unfortunately are the most impoverished, backward community in India, even more than Dalits. Hindus in Pakistan are however, very resourceful, financially sound; quite prosperous & integrated in mainstream Pakistani society.

and pakistani hindus are seeking asylum in India...amazing

Hindu families seeking asylum in India | DAWN.COM

That is not edged in stone. If we have a minority candidate who is highly patriotic, there will be no holding back. Rules can be changed by majority votes.

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath.

Look at the trend:

* The Objectives Resolution
* The declaration of Pakistan as an Islamic state
* The joint jurisdiction of Sharia courts

Have you repealed any of these first?

You are totally divorced from reality.

Everytime a Hindu girl runs away with her Muslim boyfriend, you claim rape and forced conversion.

This actually happened recently when a Hindu girl ran away with her boyfriend/Lover and her parents claimed forced conversion. In the presence of her parents, the girl told the judge she wants nothing to do with her parents and wants to live with her Muslim husband. I think your prejudice has clouded your Judgement. Like I told you before, get real and stop believing in your own BS.

First of all, do you have a minority existing in Pakistan? Tell if there are more than 10% of population following something other than majority religion. In India we see people only under two categories - Secular and Radical. A Religious person can very well be a secular person. Gandhi and Jinnah were secular people. The Islam population in India has increased from 10% in 1947 to 13% in 2011. Hindus in pakistan has decreased from 10% to less than 1%. Islam might go on to become a majority religion in India, still most of the indian muslims are secular and hence most hindus in my country. That's more than sufficient to show how we treat our fellow indians. The radicals in pakistan, even if they had followed Hinduism, would have been a radical Hindu causing disturbance to everyone else. Hinduism would have been hated by everyone else. So it doesn't matter what philosophy they follow, its just the inner animal in them.
You can take a leaf out of how Bangladeshis treat their fellow citizens. You can easily see that they want to be Bengalis first and they are more proud of that. I admire chinese for the same fact, whatever religion they might follow, they have a pride over their race. The funny part is when you ask for equal treatment in other countries and you are happy about the state of your country.

and pakistani hindus are seeking asylum in India...amazing

Hindu families seeking asylum in India | DAWN.COM

I have already answered this is in my previous post:

In Pakistan, one has to fight for their rights to get them, demanding isn't enough unfortunately. Despite the fact that many ethnic & religious minority groups have faced discrimination & persecution, but they stuck around, & now they fare better socioeconomically than the majority of the country. It is easy for people to flee away from their problems (rather than fighting for your rights), & I wish them the best of luck, but there are countless Hindus at my workplace in Jamshoro, who try to make me "feel at home".

Hindus are empowered in Pakistan, I have a Hindu colleague who's uncle is a MNA in Sindh. His father is a Pandit, & highly respected by Hindus & Muslims alike. There are many businessmen, bankers, teachers, doctors, engineers, pharmacist Hindu men & women in Sindh. Hindus are very politically active as well, especially in their support of the PPP. The people that want to "flee" are the people that have nostalgia, who have the majority of their family in India, not because of anything else. The Hindus that have no family/relatives in India are indifferent to India.

It's the same with my family, my khala/massi & mamoo in India are the only ones left behind in Delhi (my maternal grandparents in Patna have passed away) from my mother's side, & they long to reunite with the rest of the family across the border, even though they are doing decently in India.

Yes.

In Kerala, the Muslims are doing pretty good. In Gujarat, they are doing pretty good. In J&K, they are doing pretty good.

You see, it's all about which state that Muslim comes from.

If he's from Kerala, he is highly likely to be very prosperous because Kerala in itself is highly prosperous.

If he's from UP or Bihar, he is highly likely to be very backward because UP and Bihar in itself is highly Backward.

So it's a state thing.

The Muslims in India are backward bcs they are concentrated in the 3 backward states of UP, Bihar & WB

What's wrong with you guys? Do you how many Muslim ministers we have in WB?

I have already answered this is in my previous post:

no there are no answers...if they are so prosperous why they want to move in a country like India ? please elaborate it..there is nothing substantial in your post because as muslims are so backward in India not a single muslim is moving out of india and seking asylum outside. and please stop posting regarding your kaka, baba... we are talking in general.

Any Muslim majority society , the non Muslims are second class citizen by law and by default.

Give me single example where it's not true.

Exactly!

That is the whole point.

When the entire state is doing poorly, you cannot blame the majority of depriving the minority of its rights.

It's like you're blaming one bhookha nanga for not helping the other bhookha nanga.

Why do you forget this when comparing Pakistan's minorities?

You go out into the market in Pakistan every shop dealer will try to cheat you. It is very frustrating, you have to assume, that everybody is a liar. Same with minorities, wherever you can be cheated you will be cheated.

Nobody actively thinks and plots against minorities. **** just happens sometimes. We don't want it to, just as we don't want other crappy things to happen.

My family transitioned through UP India on its way to Pakistan back in the day. The common person over there, let alone a Muslim - is in such a horrible mess. In Karachi MQM illegally collect hafta money. In UP there are some places where policemen collect it, they give big bribes within the police department to be located in Muslim areas where they can milk the minority even more.

Dear Sir,

Let me share with you a dreadful secret, which you must promise never to repeat.

The police in India take bribes from everyone. All they need is a reason. Being Muslim is a good reason, because the Muslim and the policeman neither of them really want to test it. Being a milkman, for instance, is also a reason, and the fact that the milkman is a Hindu has nothing to do with the price of eggs. Being in a car and having a motorcycle smash himself to pieces against you while you are standing stock still at a traffic light is a VERY good reason; it doesn't matter then whether you are Muslim or Hindu, it does matter that you look like you would juice up.

I am sorry if this bruises any illusions.

With warm regards,

UP is something I know about so I can comment. The travel as a Muslim from Lucknow to Jhansi is especially great. Put on a Namazi topi and your choice in Kurta with some pants or shalwar or jeans even.

The trip starts fine from Lucknow but in some areas you can be harassed if you look like that. Especially if you go through the local dabba. The local dabba is filled with people jam packed against each other so they don't especially take kindly to Muslims sometimes.

Muslims have to pay for the premium dabba which is like 5-7 times more expensive. Nothing premium about it, just has those thin wooden chairs.

Back
Top Bottom