What's new

A New Motto for Pakistan's Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomon2, why don't you first explain how 1971 is relevant to the title of the thread?

s90..allow me to ring a bell in your ears.

The official motto of US of A is "In God We Trust" purely a religious motto in itself, before you jump at me there are many Muslims, Sikh, hindus and on and who've different Gods. Should US change it?

Are christians etc in Pak Army doing Jihad on individual level yes they are. Again you've to study the broad term Jihad not from the limited pea brainer western sources.

As far as i know i'm not an American so i don't know really whats your point is of telling me what the America's motto is - You know on other hand US has revolutionary documents which entitle separation of state and church and individual liberties.

I know exactly the whole context of our Army motto.

Solomon2, why don't you first explain how 1971 is relevant to the title of the thread?
You can read. I think you and AA are just looking for an excuse to halt discussion of the topic and close the thread entirely.

Last edited:
Lets change the dimension of this subject lets talk about Mossad's motto

Mossad
"By way of deception thou shalt do war"

S90..I know you're not an american I just gave you the example that a modern state like US has a motto attached to christian and religious belief, this should give you a clue.

A couple of potential "sub mottos" to add to the Pakistan Army's existing slogan :-)

Nasruminallah-e-wa-fathu'n-qareeb!

DSC_3370.jpg

La Fatah illa Ali la Saif Illa Zulfiqar!

DSC_3374.jpg

These inscriptions adorn battleaxes wielded by muslim warriors during the time of the Ottoman Empire. The pics were taken by me day before yesterday at the Turkish Military Museum in Istanbul... (as a side note: just LOVING this city!). I posted a few other interesting pics in this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...few-days-any-travel-sightseeing-advice-4.html

Intend to keep updating the thread linked above with more pics.

A couple of potential "sub mottos" to add to the Pakistan Army's existing slogan :-)

Nasruminallah-e-wa-fathu'n-qareeb!

DSC_3370.jpg

La Fatah illa Ali la Saif Illa Zulfiqar!

DSC_3374.jpg

These inscriptions adorn battleaxes wielded by muslim warriors during the time of the Ottoman Empire. The pics were taken by me day before yesterday at the Turkish Military Museum in Istanbul... (as a side note: just LOVING this city!). I posted a few other interesting pics in this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...few-days-any-travel-sightseeing-advice-4.html

Intend to keep updating the thread linked above with more pics.

ILU
smitten.gif

The current motto is Iman, Taqwa, Jihad fi Sabilillah ("Faith, Piety and Fight in the path of God")

Does anyone care to suggest something more appropriate?

I think u r concerned with the word jihad

Well their nothing wrong in it,it's a sacred word,i think it mean holy war

So basically any war fought for a sacred purpose and with good intension's can b called a jihad,weather it is against ur enemies or against corruption and poverty

The problem is that some religious morons had tarnished the image of this word, christening Jihad for all wrongful purpose and massacring innocents

s90..allow me to ring a bell in your ears.

The official motto of US of A is "In God We Trust" purely a religious motto in itself, before you jump at me there are many Muslims, Sikh, hindus and on and who've different Gods. Should US change it?
Are christians etc in Pak Army doing Jihad on individual level yes they are. Again you've to study the broad term Jihad not from the limited pea brainer western sources.

LOL....Lame reasoning...

"God" is the english word for Allah, Rab, Bhagwan, Hashem etc..etc.
It does NOT denote Christian faith in any form....so your point is moot...
I can see if it said "In Christ we trust" to be a purely christian motto

"Jihad" is a purely Islamic concept....

Being an Islamic country, Pakistan is free to include Religious innuendos in their mottos, symbols etc...

Maybe Solomon can explain his POV on why he thinks its inappropriate or needs change...Im quite interested to hear his reasoning..

:hang2::hang2::hang2: bahrtis will never give up their propaganda against Pakistan.

lets come up to your lies

1. Yes in 71 it was also a defence (jehad) against the Indian terrorism.

2. East Pakistan was our country and India staged State terrorism in Pakistan.

3. All those rebels who took arms against fellow Pakistanis for terrorism were supposed to be dealt with iron hand.

4. Keep your bharti false claims from Indian-fed lies about number of deaths.

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

i already stated your intentions for starting this thread and its exposing with every post of yours

You don't have to spew your India- Hindu hatred in what ever you post. Be more responsible as a senior member.

I think u r concerned with the word jihad -
Not in this context. Rather, by "appropriate" I wondered if more Pakistanis thought it was time to revise a motto that has existed since independence. Pakistan's army, government, and society have evolved a great deal since then.

PA will change when israel will change its "thou shall wage war through deception"

Not in this context. Rather, by "appropriate" I wondered if more Pakistanis thought it was time to revise a motto that has existed since independence. Pakistan's army, government, and society have evolved a great deal since then.

I beg to differ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom