What's new

A k A - 'No two nations as alike as Pak, Hind'

sorry but for me my faith and all those ex-hindus/ex christians/ex-ethiest whatever they were before converting to Islam, are now highly respectable after they come to my faith.

If the Indians have weak nerves to abuse those who were once part of their faith then it means they are accepting the reality that within their community there are still thousands of low quality human.

this ******* obsession with religion and fundamentalism of even educated pak!s explains reason for current situation of pakistan.......now u say whats wrong with being so obsess with religion.......than i say without free and rational mind there cannot be growth...there can only be shia-sunni bombings

i might happen one day a Muslim brother of your blow u in pieces.

there are many thing in Hinduism that i dont appreciate...But i am seriously admire one thing i can abuse any god in front of any temple without the fear of my throat being slit

Drama thread !! Let there be no peace with a nation who has back stabbed us 4 times and shows a middle finger when asked to give justice to the unfortunate souls of 26/11 .

you *zais are different. not counted

most indians think the same about paksitan, only thing is that the indians are right.

I am a ghilzai and not a yusufzai, you mean all Pukhtoons are not counted, but if you take away them and baloch then not much of Pakistan shares any llinkage with India.

@Armstrong i never said anything like tht for what you held me responsible for... partly bcoz i love all ethnic groups of Pakistan.. as i have spent more time of my life in Punjab,KPK and sindh than in baluchistan..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Armstrong i never say tht you held me responsible for... partly bcoz i love all ethnic groups of Pakistan.. as i have spent more time of my life in Punjab,KPK and sindh than in baluchistan..

Oh Sorry, I thought you also mentioned that ! :oops:

And where did I imply that saying that Pukhtoons & Baluch not sharing commonalities with India is the same as not loving other Pakistani ethnicities ? :unsure:

Mein tou sirf keh rahaa thaa ke hum subb ko eik hi rung mein nahin rung deinaa chahiyeee ! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to post some pics of ours and see how many Indians look like me and audio of my language am sure its exactly like Hindi and food i live is beef am sure sane cuisine is readily available on every menu in India.

Drama thread !! Let there be no peace with a nation who has back stabbed us 4 times and shows a middle finger when asked to give justice to the unfortunate souls of 26/11 .

Feeling is mutual.

I guess you think Pakistan is only Punjab & Sindh

Pakistani and Indian punjabis seem quite different from each other, even though we are mostly genetically same I heard.

Pakistani punjabis are Muslim and Indian punjabis are Sikh.

there are some Sikh punjabis in Pakistan and they seem culturally quite disgintishhed from us. Also Sikh in PakPunjab seem isolated and don't seem to mingle with non Sikh punjabis, I guess mostly because they can't seem to relate with us and vice versa...

Lovelock, see what I said about Pashtuns and Balochis in my post you replied to. They constitute less than 20% of Pakistan's population, though yes they are culturally different from other Pakistani ethnicities. That's like saying Turkey is an Indo-Aryan country because Kurds make up around that much of the population there.

RangerPK, well my friend come to Hong Kong some day, Indians and Pakistanis mingle with each other first before with anyone else. There's no government and media brainwashing spouting hatred about each other. I feel the reason Indians and Pakistanis want to disassociate from each other is because of the shambles in their relations and politics, completely ignoring their common culture.

Pakistan has a very beautiful, unique culture of its own that unfortunately many here seem to think is more Persianized/Arabized than it really is, because the culture (this includes customs, languages, and food) of Pakistan in the eyes of the objective observer all eventually have an Indic base to it. This is simply a reflection of Pakistan's heritage which many seem to dislike.

Lovelock, see what I said about Pashtuns and Balochis in my post you replied to. They constitute less than 20% of Pakistan's population, though yes they are culturally different from other Pakistani ethnicities. That's like saying Turkey is an Indo-Aryan country because Kurds make up around that much of the population there.

RangerPK, well my friend come to Hong Kong some day, Indians and Pakistanis mingle with each other first before with anyone else. There's no government and media brainwashing spouting hatred about each other. I feel the reason Indians and Pakistanis want to disassociate from each other is because of the shambles in their relations and politics, completely ignoring their common culture.

Pakistan has a very beautiful, unique culture of its own that unfortunately many here seem to think is more Persianized/Arabized than it really is, because the culture (this includes customs, languages, and food) of Pakistan in the eyes of the objective observer all eventually have an Indic base to it. This is simply a reflection of Pakistan's heritage which many seem to dislike.

20 percent in only population but land wise over 55 percent of pak is ours.

In Hong Kong we Indians and some pakistanis may mingle but with us, we look for pakistanis then afghan and then Turks or Iranians.

In Hong Kong we Indians and some pakistanis may mingle but with us, we look for pakistanis then afghan and then Turks or Iranians.

You know the funny thing is,i whenver read about indians experience in pakistan or pakistani's experience in india,all i hear about is love.About how after some time they forgot even that they were in a different country altogether.I wonder if i am being kept with a pakistani, an australian,an american and a saudi,who i'll hit it off with the most,I am guessing it would be the pakistani.

Realisation will take time.. for those who choose to keep their eyes closed.

It's best that flow of times leads things to happen naturally.

It eventually looks good that East and West Germany were separated.. indeed as enemies in opposite camps... for 45 years.

But it was natural process which followed.

It will be foolish to force things .. under "some plan".

India and Pakistan can be prosperous, separately as well unitedly. But its prosperity which matters.

Er, I really didn't see Iranians or Turks coming even close to Pakistanis. Balochis, who make up less than 5% of Pakistan's population, is the only ethnic group with a substantially Iranian culture. Pakistan has a few cultural influences from only religion is really exclusively shared. Apart from that Iranian and Turkish culture are very, very different to that of Pakistan. Afghan culture, yes, it's similar to Pakistani Pashtuns. Then again, Pashtuns only make up 15-16% of the population.

But to the Punjabis, Saraikis, Sindhis, and Muhajirs, who collectively make up nearly 80% of Pakistan's population, they have very little in common with the average Turk or Iranian as they would to the average North Indian.

Ghilzai, modern-day India and Pakistan were within one border only 66 years ago. Putting a border between them doesn't make each other's culture change radically. There are definitely some different influences on the two sides of border but to say they are not similar to each other is definitely a wrong view.

4-24-2013_1086_l.gif

"No two nations are as alike as Pakistanis and Indians"

"People on both sides of border want to meet each other because they share same culture, history, language, values and rituals.It's absolutely necessary to enter into a visa free regime, because people love each other due to the similarities they share. Those who get the opportunity to visit other side of the border know that how very people are curious to know about each other. I know because I had the opportunity to visit India; those feelings can't be described.

I believe history has been distorted. We have been taught that we are enemies; this has developed wrong perceptions. I want to see the states going the way people want to go with regard to their relationship with each other.

I pray to the authorities of both countries to please let us meet - "MILNE DO". This will not only help to change wrong perceptions at the individual level but also improve ties at the state level for better economic cooperation.

Regards,
Ata ur Rehman
Islamabad, Pakistan"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

-

(Notice to trolls in advance: kindly go foam at the mouth and clog your esophagus on some other thread. this one isn't meant for your pygmy brains)

I admire the spirit behind your post but I must challenge your assumptions for reasons I shall illuminate at the end of my post.

First, sir, you state that Pakistan and India are 'alike' by this I suppose you mean we are similar or near similar to one another. This is not simply not true as a generalised fact. See, Indians are nearly a billion and have diverse ethnic and racial banks of people, the majority of Pakistanis and Indians from NORTH INDIA share a genetic and cultural background but the same is not true for Southern part of India, so how can we be same unless you state that India is only the North?

Second, sir, to be at peace we need to highlight our similarities and differences but accept them. The main reason behind Pakistan's strategic bent for defence against India is that she sees India as having plans to absorb Pakistan. This is not true and therefore this side of the argument should not be brought up. A better dialogue would be that we share a cultural and historical background and we want to be at good terms with each other. Britian and the USA are prime examples of how this strategy works best.

This discourse of 'oneness' is better presented in the study of history, not contemporary politics. This hurts and pushes the feelings of cordiality and peace down so it is counterproductive. Instead we should respect each other and accept each other.

Regards.

Er, I really didn't see Iranians or Turks coming even close to Pakistanis. Balochis, who make up less than 5% of Pakistan's population, is the only ethnic group with a substantially Iranian culture. Pakistan has a few cultural influences from only religion is really exclusively shared. Apart from that Iranian and Turkish culture are very, very different to that of Pakistan. Afghan culture, yes, it's similar to Pakistani Pashtuns. Then again, Pashtuns only make up 15-16% of the population.

But to the Punjabis, Saraikis, Sindhis, and Muhajirs, who collectively make up nearly 80% of Pakistan's population, they have very little in common with the average Turk or Iranian as they would to the average North Indian.

Ghilzai, modern-day India and Pakistan were within one border only 66 years ago. Putting a border between them doesn't make each other's culture change radically. There are definitely some different influences on the two sides of border but to say they are not similar to each other is definitely a wrong view.

If there was no border 66 years ago then there wasnt one between Afghanistan and present day Pakistan for centuries, so by that logic Afghanistan should claim Pakistan and all of India as the afghans (aka khurasanis before the word afghan was created) regardless of ethnic group ruled these areas for centuries.

If others makeup 80 percent of Pakistan then should the other 20 percent forget who they are and should jump on the indic band wagon? as they have very little or nothing in common with the indics.

I have travelled far and wide and have noticed sikhs and pakistanis mingling, i havent seen that with Hindus.

I will always mingle with a Pakistani and if he is not about then the afghan and if he is not around a turk or Iranian, ( turk is just from not turkey).

You know the funny thing is,i whenver read about indians experience in pakistan or pakistani's experience in india,all i hear about is love.About how after some time they forgot even that they were in a different country altogether.I wonder if i am being kept with a pakistani, an australian,an american and a saudi,who i'll hit it off with the most,I am guessing it would be the pakistani.

Well ask one of these Indians to visit kp and then go back and tell you how much living they got, you just can't visit lahore, Karachi and keep yourself east of indus and call it Pakistan.

I am a Pakistani you wouldn't hit it with me, i wnot even ssocialize with you as purely you are Indian, call me racist but its Llike a king and slave thing.

Back
Top Bottom