What's new

A k A - 'No two nations as alike as Pak, Hind'

I agree that there is too much hostility towards other country even though we may become friends at personal level. But you will find a small group of people in both countries who do not want to be hostile, and is sympathetic towards otherside's views.

If you want this small group to grow, and have some influence on govt's policy (both countries), you should support more people to people contact. Its much easier to communicate and understand each other between an Indian and pakistani than say Indian and russian (or chinese). If common/shared culture is too strong a word to describe what is common between us(many posters seem to object it and they could be right), lets call it cultural/linguistic affinity.

Amen!

Brother man. Amen!

Thank you.

most Indians knows Pakistan as a nation of Punjabi and Sindhi people. they don't know about Pashtuns,Persians,Balouchis etc.

"some" north western Indians hence assumes they are similar to Pakistan. they believes Pakistanis also have the same Hindu culture and celebrates Holi and Diwali and the Muslims of Pakistan are like the average Indian Muslim(most are not fundamentalists and exposed to secularism and coexistence ) you mingle with in India.

what nautanki is this.. ugly man singing dirty songs.. sponsored by americans

And you say that Indians & Pakistanis have same culture....

PS: @Rafi thanks for sharing video

Last edited by a moderator:
most Indians knows Pakistan as a nation of Punjabi and Sindhi people. they don't know about Pashtuns,Persians,Balouchis etc.

"some" north western Indians hence assumes they are similar to Pakistan. they believes Pakistanis also have the same Hindu culture and celebrates Holi and Diwali and the Muslims of Pakistan are like the average Indian Muslim(most are not fundamentalists and exposed to secularism and coexistence ) you mingle with in India.

Your post my dear, is confusing and jumbled up discussion. Please add some info here.

What is HINDU culture? As opposed to Punjabi Culture, Pashtun Culture, UP culture, Bihar culture, Kerala culture? Muslim culture, Persian culture?

Why it is important for Pakistanis to celebrate Holi and Diwali?
What that celebration means to you in the context of Pakistan?
What is secularism for Pakistani Muslims vs. Indian Muslims (without getting in to pet reference to Jih@d, Hafiz Saeed etc.)

Thank you

I'm lucky and happy being a Hindustani.

Why so defensive? ;)

Why not just accept DF invitation and say "I'm proud to be an honorary Pakistani?"
After that

Please go ahead and offer the "honorary Hindustani" thing back to DF?

Isn't this thread begging us to do?

Thank you.

Why so defensive? ;)

Why not just accept DF invitation and say "I'm proud to be an honorary Pakistani?"
After that

Please go ahead and offer the "honorary Hindustani" thing back to DF?

Isn't this thread begging us to do?

Thank you.

In my mind Hindustani means a united sub-continent. Remember that most cherished poetry by Iqbal.

In my mind Hindustani means a united sub-continent. Remember that most cherished poetry by Iqbal.

Smart bhai. Very smart ;)

The problem with this argument is that "united-subcontinent" of Iqbal was in fact British India. And we all moved on from that period.

Now we have two "grown up countries" both 60+ years old. Although India is a day younger (chota bhai) than Pakistan.

So if a Pakistanis offering a hand of friendship by considering you as an honorary Pakistani, then please gracious and take that hand.

Thank you.

And yet we see people like you talkin abt their "love" for the indians? not everybody is like you my frnd.. go ask the people who lost somebody or had to go through the partition? u should meet one of my best frnds whose family migrated from indian punjab... and see how much he loves these guys...

People very close to me had elders that went through the carnage and lost lives, on both sides. I dont need to ask "your friend". its just a matter of maturity for not only punjabis, but sindhis, bengalis and all those whose predecessors temporarily lost all humanity and made partition known for its bloodiness. we can sit here and argue that they started it by sending trains full of dead bodies, just as we've argued for the past 65 years.

but that blood and sacrifice was given by people living in '47. should the generations born in past few decades still hold such resentment towards each other? none of us should forget, but is that the core of how we want to define our relations? those are tough questions which I'm sure you neither have the capacity nor interest to answer. so we understand your position, stick to it. and those of us striving for peace- let us stick to ours.

Bro - clearly a false flagger, trust me brother we Punjabis have nothing in common with indians, indian punjabis are less than three percent of the indian population.

ah, the witch hunt continues. first questions of whether I'm muslim and Pakistani, now allegations of false flagging. Bro - thanks for protecting every one from this evil false flagger and his nefarious designs. :lol: btw which of them is a false flag, you didn't mention? :azn: here, let me make it easy for you child. the first represents me. the second, my better half.

and seeing the direction this thread has taken, I think it's time it be put to :sleep:

Back
Top Bottom