What's new

A k A - 'No two nations as alike as Pak, Hind'

Average Indians and Pakistanis will wholeheartedly embrace each other. But extremist elements and politicians on both side won't allow this to happen.

Off course my dear.

Average Indian and average Pakistani can always sit together and sip chai. That was not my point.

When Indians claim that Pakistanis have the same culture

As a country they utterly fail to "treat" pakistanis equally.

While Average Indian is happy to sit with an average joe from Pakistan and have coffee,

He/she is mostly supporting Indian government stance on the following issues:

1. Blocking Indus river system
2. Keeping stupid Siachin conflict going
3. Openly threatening Pakistan with nuclear strike if Pakistan does this or that.

Same is true when average Pakistani supports cruel laws being implemented in the name of Islam. Or supporting Jih@d against India.

Therefore we must get serious about "shared" culture and not just "talk" and "claim" about it.

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you

Not my answer.... in south asia...cultures dont change every 100kms .. the dialect of languages probably does...but u didnt answer my question... what culture or religion do we share with you?

India and Pakistan has Hinduism and Islam. Indian and Pakistanis play the same songs in their marriages, weddings, most of the sweets and desserts are same, their sense of dress is same, etc.

India and Pakistan has Hinduism and Islam. Indian and Pakistanis play the same songs in their marriages, weddings, most of the sweets and desserts are same, their sense of dress is same, etc.

:omghaha: Thts culture? lol man... we have our own sweet and dress...and no the clothes are not the same... u wear pyjamas,saris and achkans ... while we wear different clothes.. we speak different languages... our local food is different.. we look different... we wear different and we have different traditions... beside where r u from in india? if ur not punjabi .. i beg to differ... u share nothin with us.

:omghaha: Thts culture? lol man... we have our own sweet and dress...and no the clothes are not the same... u wear pyjamas,saris and achkans ... while we wear different clothes.. we speak different languages... our local food is different.. we look different... we wear different and we have different traditions... beside where r u from in india? if ur not punjabi .. i beg to differ... u share nothin with us.

Hindi and Urdu are different, they are like British English and American English. People from Sri Lanka till Turkey all look similar except for skin color. Traditions, customs, food and many other things make up culture, if we share at least 80 percent of it we are not different.

BTW I'm from Hyderabad.

Off course my dear. ...

...Thank you

Whatever you say is true and a common person has limited powers.

Hindi and Urdu are different, they are like British English and American English. People from Sri Lanka till Turkey all look similar except for skin color. Traditions, customs, food and many other things make up culture, if we share at least 80 percent of it we are not different.

BTW I'm from Hyderabad.

Whatever you say is true and a common person has limited powers.

Do u follow baluchi,punjabi,pashtun,balti,kurd,turk,tajik,sindhi cultures? do you eat saji,dum pukht,afghani pulao,kaak,khadi kebab etc? do u dress like us? do you speak our language? urdu is not indegenous to us... nor it is our mother tongue...what 80% culture do u share with us my frnd? why do indians want to associate with us? ur a hyderabadi hindu... what do u share with us? even ur so called urdu is different from us... and sounds disgusting.. i.e ..:horay... jarray etc...no offence.

Do u follow baluchi,punjabi,pashtun,balti,kurd,turk,tajik,sindhi cultures? do you eat saji,dum pukht,afghani pulao,kaak,khadi kebab etc? do u dress like us? do you speak our language? urdu is not indegenous to us... nor it is our mother tongue...what 80% culture do u share with us my frnd? why do indians want to associate with us?

Why do I have to speak those languages? I speak a different language than Kannada and Maharashtrian but I share the same culture as them.

I do share Sindhis and Pujabis new year, we call it with a different name. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat some of those, but I eat vegetable kebabs.

Why do I have to speak those languages? I speak a different language than Kannada and Maharashtrian but I share the same culture as them.

I do share Sindhis and Pujabis new year, we call it with a different name. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat some of those, but I eat vegetable kebabs.

Lol man... u share nothing with us... and LMAO @ veggie kebabs>? wth is tht?

Off course my dear.

Average Indian and average Pakistani can always sit together and sip chai. That was not my point.

When Indians claim that Pakistanis have the same culture

As a country they utterly fail to "treat" pakistanis equally.

While Average Indian is happy to sit with an average joe from Pakistan and have coffee,

He/she is mostly supporting Indian government stance on the following issues:

1. Blocking Indus river system
2. Keeping stupid Siachin conflict going
3. Openly threatening Pakistan with nuclear strike if Pakistan does this or that.

Same is true when average Pakistani supports cruel laws being implemented in the name of Islam. Or supporting Jih@d against India.

Therefore we must get serious about "shared" culture and not just "talk" and "claim" about it.

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you

I agree that there is too much hostility towards other country even though we may become friends at personal level. But you will find a small group of people in both countries who do not want to be hostile, and is sympathetic towards otherside's views.

If you want this small group to grow, and have some influence on govt's policy (both countries), you should support more people to people contact. Its much easier to communicate and understand each other between an Indian and pakistani than say Indian and russian (or chinese). If common/shared culture is too strong a word to describe what is common between us(many posters seem to object it and they could be right), lets call it cultural/linguistic affinity.

Vegetables skewered and barbequed. What don't I share and why should I share those?

Do u dress like us? do u speak our language?do u eat the food we eat? do u follow our traditions?do u follow our religion? do u even live in our country? what do u share with us?

the problem is the terrorist problem..We open the borders and then we might have a lot of terrorists coming to India under the disguise of an innocent civilian.

Once the problem regarding terrorism is solved,we will not have any issues any more.Till then,the gates remain shut.

ur insisted tht we share same culture... and when asked how.. the answer was "we were ruled by mughals" how stupid is tht?

Please don't attribute other users arguments to me, I believe something like that was said by tvsram or some user with that ID.

Back
Top Bottom