What's new

A Homeland for Indian Muslims

@AfrazulMandal @xeuss @jamahir @The_Showstopper @humbl @Joe Shearer

who are some good Islamist debaters who might give us some pause to think and consider their point of view ?

don't tell me there are no Islamist intellectuals out there

though it wouldn't surprise anyone if there actually turned out to be none :P

Depends what you mean by "Islamist"?

Are you looking for religious discourses, covering Quran, theology and fiqh issues?

Or are you looking for political Islam points of view?

who are some good Islamist debaters who might give us some pause to think and consider their point of view ?

I have made quite a few posts about Islamic philosophy and theory / system. But I have been warned by a certain non-thinking Think Tank Analyst that he will report my posts about Islam because he and a certain friend of his find such posts of mine to be heretic. Maybe I should report him. Or maybe I should simply not talk about theology as per forum rules.

Anyway, I am logging off now. Got to get sleeping.

Will keep it short. Your glucose deficient Brain should not be overtaxed during Ramzaan fasting.

First, I acknowledge the malignant tumor which resides in the body of our country is the root cause of all problems.

Second, I am ready to die and kill for my country. Infact I have been preparing myself mentally and physically for the movement. It would be a great honor when for me to settle scores with Rakshaas on battlefield.

Now don't ask me what do I mean by 'malignant tumour' and 'rakshaas'. Because you already know the answer to that
question.

Please explain what is the "malignant tumour" and "rakshaas"?

Depends what you mean by "Islamist"?

Are you looking for religious discourses, covering Quran, theology and fiqh issues?

Or are you looking for political Islam points of view?
just anyone who make a good case that the likes of Rajiv Malhotra, say, will have a tough time pushing back against..

not being bigoted or anything here

watched hours upon hours of Zakir Naik, Mufti Menk etc... some from across the fence too

there was nothing of substance there, just be a zombie because "God"

wtf ???

@Joe Shearer sahab, thodi elucidation kariyen pls, unke bas ki nahi hai.

koi apna secular hi aa ke samjha de

I have made quite a few posts about Islamic philosophy and theory / system. But I have been warned by a certain non-thinking Think Tank Analyst that he will report my posts about Islam because he and a certain friend of his find such posts of mine to be heretic. Maybe I should report him. Or maybe I should simply not talk about theology as per forum rules.

Anyway, I am logging off now. Got to get sleeping.
Please decide

godless commie

or

"believer"

you have made you commie case, Nasser, Gaddafi etc

say something pro Islam/Muslim now.. why should any Indian consider it ?

just anyone who make a good case that the likes of Rajiv Malhotra, say, will have a tough time pushing back against..

watched hours upon hours of Zakir Naik, Mufti Menk etc... some from across the fence too

wtf ???

I suspect you do not find them interesting because you are looking for something specific in them. I feel you will have this problem with any other speaker as well. Perhaps if you look at them for a general understanding of Islam, it may help.

My personal favorite these days is Yasir Qadhi. I find is lectures more scholarly than the other speakers. But you have to have an appetite for them.

As far as political Islam goes, I would stay away from any speaker espousing that since most of them will base their arguments on their specific background (nation/culture/current govt etc), and such arguments may not necessarily apply to India.

I am vaguely familiar with Rajiv Malhotra, so would not be able to help you in this regard.

humbl here (username changed) but I don't consider myself an Islamist.

wtf ???

Please decide

godless commie

or

"believer"

What exactly you want? Why should one convert to Islam?

Please decide

godless commie

or

"believer"

For now I will not say anything. Let that be.

And I logged in to say that since you have tagged humbl. he is now @Naofumi but I don't know if he is ready to talk about theology.

Good night.

I suspect you do not find them interesting because you are looking for something specific in them. I feel you will have this problem with any other speaker as well. Perhaps if you look at them for a general understanding of Islam, it may help.

My personal favorite these days is Yasir Qadhi. I find is lectures more scholarly than the other speakers. But you have to have an appetite for them.

As far as political Islam goes, I would stay away from any speaker espousing that since most of them will base their arguments on their specific background (nation/culture/current govt etc), and such arguments may not necessarily apply to India.

I am vaguely familiar with Rajiv Malhotra, so would not be able to help you in this regard.
Yasir Qadhi, ok, will look into him.

Open to giving all dissenting/opposing etc points of view a fair trial here

honestly, wouldn't have sat through HOURS of Menk and Zakir Naik etc if I wasn't looking to be challenged on my biases but found nothing.. and it's not to do with any biases. Those guys were full of weak sauce, shall we call it ? :P

Yasir Qadhi, ok, will look into him.

Open to giving all dissenting/opposing etc points of view a fair trial here

honestly, wouldn't have sat through HOURS of Menk and Zakir Naik etc if I wasn't looking to be challenged on my biases but found nothing.. and it's not to do with any biases. Those guys were full of weak sauce, shall we call it ? :P

Not really. Over time I have realized that just like there are different sizes of shoes to fit different sizes of feet, there are different scholars of religion to fit a different profile of people following them.

I have not found Zakir Naik or Mufti Menk interesting, but millions of others do. Different strokes for different folks.

I stick to US based scholars now, mainly because I find their English easier to understand. Two other good american muslims who give lectures are Omar Suleiman and Noman Ali Khan.

What exactly you want? Why should one convert to Islam?
No

but that they are the exclusionary extremists within the Indian populace, why should the rest of us listen to them ?

again, this is getting kinda murky, no point getting into a full blown theological discussion but even culturally...

They're standing on a very weak foot. Any random common sense question/query completely destroys any and all of their 'blind faith' BS

Two other good american muslims who give lectures are Omar Suleiman and Noman Ali Khan.
I will look into them as well, thanks.

It can't possibly be as bad as the others say it is.

No

but that they are the exclusionary extremists within the Indian populace, why should the rest of us listen to them ?

again, this is getting kinda murky, no point getting into a full blown theological discussion but even culturally...

They're standing on a very weak foot. Ayy random common sense question/query completely destroys any and all of their 'blind faith' BS
I strongly believe in the separation of religion and state. I oppose educational or social exclusionary views but religious or cultural exclusion is fine for preservation of identity. Now, I ask again what do you want?

I strongly believe in the separation of religion and state. I oppose educational or social exclusionary views but religious or cultural exclusion is fine for preservation of identity. Now, I ask again what do you want?
I would like to engage with you tomorrow, milega ?

gotta jet for now...

peace out, layla tov !

Back
Top Bottom