What's new

A Foreign Minister In Uniform Gen Raheel Shareef

That's all dandy, except Pakistan needs a new leader, a selfless, patriotic soul, who will proactively and wholeheartedly serve the nation. Somebody who shall, wholly complement the well-endowed- competent-army and aggressively lobby for the armed forces to be strengthened 'significantly'. Unfortunately, there seems to be an acute-shortage in the 'pipeline' to adequately and truely fill this void. Business men, like Nawaz Sharif, should never be given the 'green signal' to lead a nation, as they will be prone to cynical, agenda-filled-policies. It is either PML-N again or a new figure in Imran Khan, however owing to the latter's antics, he appears to be rightfully out of favour, with regards to the Armed Forces. A leader who does not commend his army, or fails to remain steadfast with them in their 'hour of need', should not be entrusted to lead a nation. In any case, there is not much choice, Pakistan is 'caught between a rock and a hard place', im afraid.

The last COAS was a bad one. He held much of the power in disguise of COAS (let PPP do corruption at the expense of military being in control). Raheel is much better, considering how many times he had the choice of taking over. Plus, he has been very fl
The last COAS was a bad one. He held much of the power in disguise of COAS (let PPP do corruption at the expense of military being in control). Raheel is much better, considering how many times he had the choice of taking over. Plus, he has been very flexible, such as letting the gov't negotiate with the TTP as well as pursuing talks with India (despite him disagreeing with both).

Good to know that there is still 2 years left of him, which means no "revolution" is coming during that time. So be it Altaf or Imran, the gov't isn't going anywhere (unless Nawaz does serious mess up) and Raheel has no sympathy for either Altaf (Raheel knows the kind of party he runs) and Imran (Raheel knows Imran is terrorist sympathizer, hence he didn't let him come on day of APS opening).

That's all dandy, except Pakistan needs a new leader, a selfless, patriotic soul, who will proactively and wholeheartedly serve the nation. Somebody who shall, wholly complement the well-endowed- competent-army and aggressively lobby for the armed forces to be strengthened 'significantly'. Unfortunately, there seems to be an acute-shortage in the 'pipeline' to adequately and truely fill this void. Business men, like Nawaz Sharif, should never be given the 'green signal' to lead a nation, as they will be prone to cynical, agenda-filled-policies. It is either PML-N again or a new figure in Imran Khan, however owing to the latter's antics, he appears to be rightfully out of favour, with regards to the Armed Forces. A leader who does not commend his army, or fails to remain steadfast with them in their 'hour of need', should not be entrusted to lead a nation. In any case, there is not much choice, Pakistan is 'caught between a rock and a hard place', im afraid.
While true, Pakistan is stuck for the next few decades. Zardari, Nawaz will be around for 2-3 terms until bilalwal takes over. After that, will we see new brand of leadership. For now, we're stuck with 80s leaders.

So we've to decide the best of the worst.

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif left here Saturday for China on a two-day official visit.

During his stay in China, the army chief will meet the Chinese political and military leadership, said a statement released by the ISPR today.
As Nawaz Shareef from beginning holding this post failed miserably to bring any positive results ( not talking about few dozens business trips he and his family made ) From past few months it's seems that COAS himself leading the foreign affair matters, A brave and wise General fighting for his country both inside and outside.

View attachment 186372

Gen Raheel Sharif meets PM David Cameron - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Man of the Year: Gen. Raheel Sharif ‹ Newsweek Pakistan

Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani meets Pakistan Army Chief Raheel Sharif - The Economic Times

Gen Raheel, John Kerry discuss regional security – The Express Tribune

So if a US general meets another state's leader, it means Obama has no control over foreign ministry?

Good to know.

Remember this guy ?

david-petraeus-hamid-karzai-070410jpg-2d79db02436a5a3e.jpg

73562038.jpg

pict90.jpg

CIA-director-meets-Saudi-king-in-Jeddah.jpg

P112010PS-0118_0.jpg

large_David-Petraeus-Nov3-08Pakistan_Meye.JPG

General%2BDavid%2BPetraeus%2Bcommander%2BUS%2BCentral%2BCommand,%2Bintroduces%2Bdelegation%2BPakistani%2BPrime%2BMinister%2BYousuf%2BRaza%2BGilani%2B%28R%29%2Bupon%2Barrival%2BIslamabad%2BOctober%2B19,%2B2009.jpg

p21710.jpg

Petraeus_Davotoglu.jpg

_64052855_110588235.jpg

Last edited:
I think once we get one thing in mind from our corrupt media we choose not to ignore it. I hope some people will shut up now by seeing some pics above. Hint the world simply does not just revolve around Pakistan and its problems associated with democracy

I think once we get one thing in mind from our corrupt media we choose not to ignore it. I hope some people will shut up now by seeing some pics above. Hint the world simply does not just revolve around Pakistan and its problems associated with democracy
Good example. Thing is that anything a Pakistani general does gets picked up by the local media and then reported. International meetings are of course a holy grail of 'stuff to report' they even report the monthly core commander meeting.

Any other country's high profile army official probably has just as many domestic and international meetings and visits or even more but their newspapers don't report it so frequently, case in point, ex gen. Patreus. But Pakistani newspapers and media just revolve around anything Gen. Shreef, of course he's gonna begin to look like a foreign office minister.

Good example. Thing is that anything a Pakistani general does gets picked up by the local media and then reported. International meetings are of course a holy grail of 'stuff to report' they even report the monthly core commander meeting.

Any other country's high profile army official probably has just as many domestic and international meetings and visits or even more but their newspapers don't report it so frequently, case in point, ex gen. Patreus. But Pakistani newspapers and media just revolve around anything Gen. Shreef, of course he's gonna begin to look like a foreign office minister.
Indeed. These are just a few images, since foreign media doesn't go nuts if military man meets a foreign leader. It's normal. But in Pakistan, oh look, Nawaz ki chuti honay wali hai. He's losing his cards/chess.

However, the military still has upper hand in foreign relations. For example, after aps attack, taheel went to Afghanistan and I don't think the foreign advisor was with him. It should've been foreign minister or advisor plus ISI general.

Yeah that's what I meant. I was too lazy to grab pics

That question was mine.
I presume that you have an answer. Or don't you?
I think Rawalpindi has an upper hand, but Islamabad nonetheless still has sufficient control over it. Which is what I had said before you posted your question.

Indeed. These are just a few images, since foreign media doesn't go nuts if military man meets a foreign leader. It's normal. But in Pakistan, oh look, Nawaz ki chuti honay wali hai. He's losing his cards/chess.

I think we should also remember the furor over Nawaz Sharif's meetings with other countries. Remember how he was criticized for not spending time in his country and how the media grilled him for the extravagant cost of his trips? Raheel Sharif's meetings, on the other hand, have been applauded by the public. People seem to respect him for what he's doing for the country. Raheel Sharif's visits might just be part of the government plan.

I hope gen.Raheel starts talking to india rather than Nawaz....it would be more fruitful.

Yeah that's what I meant. I was too lazy to grab pics

I think Rawalpindi has an upper hand, but Islamabad nonetheless still has sufficient control over it. Which is what I had said before you posted your question.

I'm sorry, I overlooked your statement. However, Rawalpindi has control over FP where it really matters, while Islamabad just is there for some semblance of visibility. This is even more true after GHQ quietly made its moves in the context of the agitation by the "Imported Mulla" and "King Khan".

I think we should also remember the furor over Nawaz Sharif's meetings with other countries. Remember how he was criticized for not spending time in his country and how the media grilled him for the extravagant cost of his trips? Raheel Sharif's meetings, on the other hand, have been applauded by the public. People seem to respect him for what he's doing for the country. Raheel Sharif's visits might just be part of the government plan.
Raheal sharif also bought a $30m jet on tax payers money. But not much media reports, if at all. As you say, when nawaz went in a states plan to attend UN, it was OMGWTF. But faheal took his wife to uk in new jet, that's so cool. No one reported that.

People love army and Imran khan. The two parties can do as they like and it's all ok, until anyone else does it.

I'm sorry, I overlooked your statement. However, Rawalpindi has control over FP where it really matters, while Islamabad just is there for some semblance of visibility. This is even more true after GHQ quietly made its moves in the context of the agitation by the "Imported Mulla" and "King Khan".
I disagree. Nawaz went for TTP nd India talks against the wishes of military. So we can't say that he has control enough for media/show off.

PA has almost taken over almost all the issues & are solving them. It is only matter of time PA takes over completely & frees Pakistan from these useless, incompetent & corrupt politicians.

PA has almost taken over almost all the issues & are solving them. It is only matter of time PA takes over completely & frees Pakistan from these useless, incompetent & corrupt politicians.

While I as much as anyone want Pakistan freed from useless, incompetent & corrupt politicians, is the army the best option? Who will watch the watchmen? The good thing about having Nawaz in power is that if we don't like him, we can protest, we can form our own political parties, and in five years time, we can remove him. Can the same said be about the army?

And wha if they fail? Will they accept responsibility or then again hide behind the same "useless" political leader like they have done on numorous occasions in the past.

And wha if they fail? Will they accept responsibility or then again hide behind the same "useless" political leader like they have done on numorous occasions in the past.
miyaam saab was one of them. u kinda like useless political leader so whats the harm?

Back
Top Bottom