What's new

A Brief History of The Warrior Rajputs

Faisal Mumtaz Rathore

1371642_220484684783488_753493569_n.jpg

Muslim Rathore Rajput Foram | Facebook

It's always been the Rajputs of Rajasthan and Haryana who have shown resistance to foreign invaders. Both those states are in India. The few Rajputs of Sindh and Punjab have no such history. Bappa Rawal also was from 'Rajputana' (Rajasthan).

From Punjab it was always the Sikhs who showed resistance almost all whom live in Indian Punjab today.
Many Rajputs can be found all over North India especially in Bihar and UP who are descended from Rajasthani and Haryanvi migrants. Many of my own family have lived in Bihar for several generations while my part of the family is based in Dholpur.

Again you are confusing and using umbrella term rajputs, indic bc is right. Pakistani so called rajputs can't claim history of Indian rajputs etc

yes, they cannot claim history of indian Rajputs, but they have a history of their own. And this thread does not speak about indian Rajputs only. It speaks about all Rajputs

Pakistan has it's fair share of brave clans like Janujas but why would a Rathore be in Pakistan?

This Multani guy have pretty poor understanding of history of rajputs biraderis in Pakistan. For exemple ghakkars are not known as rajputs but janjuas are. And both groups has fought each other centuries. He included ghakkars in list of Pakistani rajputs which mean he has no idea what he is talking about.

yes, they cannot claim history of indian Rajputs, but they have a history of their own. And this thread does not speak about indian Rajputs only. It speaks about all Rajputs

This thread is only about Indian rajputs, i don't know why you had to bring Pakistani rajputs.

sir why Bin Qasim Attack on Sindh what was reason behind that attack ?

To control the vital sea route for trade and to trap the other trade route that goes through Afghanistan. Arabs attacked Sindh numerous times and it was conquered by Arabs after a multiple attempts.

This Multani guy have pretty poor understanding of history of rajputs biraderis in Pakistan. For exemple ghakkars are not known as rajputs but janjuas are. And both groups has fought each other centuries. He included ghakkars in list of Pakistani rajputs which mean he has no idea what he is talking about.

This thread is only about Indian rajputs, i don't know why you had to bring Pakistani rajputs.

it said, a "brief history" of the warrior Rajputs. indian Rajputs is not mentioned here

and Ghakkars are considered as Rajputs. even the tiny Sattis ( i did not include them ) in Kotli Sattian are considered as Rajputs, even though they all claim foreign descent.

And mind you, the Rajputs of Pakistan have resisted invaders throughout history

we have mighty Rajput Rathore families in Punjab and Sindh Pakistan :pakistan:

we have Tomar Rajputs too
And who are you? A jatt?

it said, a "brief history" of the warrior Rajputs. indian Rajputs is not mentioned here

and Ghakkars are considered as Rajputs. even the tiny Sattis ( i did not include them ) in Kotli Sattian are considered as Rajputs, even though they all claim foreign descent.

Ghakkars are not considered rajputs, or lets say they never considered themselves as rajputs. Its just a umbrella term.

And who are you? A jatt?
Jatts, too, are of two kinds- 1)Martial Jatts and 2)Agriculturalist Jatts. Punjabi Jatts are mostly agriculturalists while the Jatts of western UP are martial Jatts.

Pakistani Rajputs are mostly low caste converts who took up the Rajput identity to get rid of their Dalit/Shudra past.

In punjab dalit mean south indian looking facial features, very dark complexion and short height, basically typical Indian. Pakistani rajputs are anything but that. Because we actually have dalit communities in Pakistan to compare with.

I'm a Tomar Rajput, there is no history of Tomars mass converting to Islam so why would they be in Pakistan?
Rajputs and Sanatan Dharma are synonymous to each other.The Rajputs were the real defender of the Dharmic religion for the past 1400 years along with the Marathas.A person can't be a Muslim and a Rajput at the same time.
So stop giving reply to that poster as he has got no knowledge of the history of Rajputs.....:cheers:

In punjab dalit mean south indian looking facial features, very dark complexion and short height, basically typical Indian. Pakistani rajputs are anything but that. Because we actually have dalit communities in Pakistan to compare with.

I don't know what they are teaching in Pakistan's (in)famous history books, but Dalit is nothing what they seem to understand in your part of the world.

Rajputs and Sanatan Dharma are synonymous to each other.The Rajputs were the real defender of the Dharmic religion for the past 1400 years along with the Marathas.A person can't be a Muslim and a Rajput at the same time.
So stop giving reply to that poster as he has got no knowledge of the history of Rajputs.....:cheers:

Don't leave out the Sikhs.

I don't know what they are teaching in Pakistan's (in)famous history books, but Dalit is nothing what they seem to understand in your part of the world.

Don't leave out the Sikhs.
I am extremely sorry for not including them in that list:agree:.But many of the Sikhs were Punjabi Rajputs who got converted to Sikhism to resist the Mughal hegemony.Still they are one of the bravest races of the Indian sub-continent.:-)

Jatts, too, are of two kinds- 1)Martial Jatts and 2)Agriculturalist Jatts. Punjabi Jatts are mostly agriculturalists while the Jatts of western UP are martial Jatts.

may be that's the reason why those martial jaats in western UP grow sugar cane to become fat and lazy, while Punjabi JaTTs grow wheat and corn and Sarson ka Saag to become warriors

Back
Top Bottom