What's new

A big question mark on India’s capacity to operate nuclear submarines

I find it amusing that after finding out that the author was a pakistani , still people tried to have a discussion for 30+ posts .

This piece of article should be given it's due space where it belongs ..... in a dust bin ..... :agree:

Its true that most large sub fleet has incidents. But India has a small fleet, and it operate an established platform that is still quite new. Most of the accidents in other countries, include the US, occurred either at the stage when the technology is new for that country. Or when the platform was an older platform that the country is still using after newer version have come into wider use.

India is the only country that has caused the sinking of an established platform while its technology is still quite modern. Its most likely that India do not have the capability to handle advanced technology.

To be honest, when I saw the headline that an Indian ship was sunk, I thought it was Arihant at first because its a new boat on trial. I never would have suspected that its a Kilo derived sub.

US was the superpower at the 60s. But because of bad design because it was a new technology back then, there were bound to have accidents.

India is the only country that caused the sinking of a quite modern ship that is also quite established platform. That has never happened in naval history.

How about this:

Chinese submarine 361 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a proven sub design widely used around the world for half a century. And yet the PLAN had an accident that sunk it, killing 70 crew members. So would you say that China's ability to operate submarines is now questionable? Or would you come up with some measly excuse to justify that accident, and pretend that logic is different for India?

So what do we do now???? Should we stop constructing and operating Nuclear submarines because a pakistani blogger/writer feel so.....

^^ chinese subs sink like rocks. you dont hear about it because CCP keeps it all hushed up

What utter, utter horse cr@p. show me a single large navy who has not had accidents with either their SSKs,SSBNs or SSNs??

Why should this incident raise any doubts about anything??

Another case of anti-India propaganda. I'm surprised they didn't reference poverty.

I echo your Post even the God less commies AKA the Chinese had a Nuke sub accident So did the Soviets
Does that mean they don't know how to Operate SUBS

sure

our cities like Shanghai and Beijing got nuked every week, CCP just don't let other people know.

our GDP is 1/5 compared to yours, CCP just refuse to admit it.

That submarine may have had a flawed design too!! its battery compartment blew up and thats why it was sent for refit worth 80 million $!!! and who said modern ship cant malfunction???

Kilo generally has no problem. Maybe India had received the sour apple in the barrel. Or it may be caused by lack of following the procedure. We'll have to wait for more investigation.

How about this:

Chinese submarine 361 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a proven sub design widely used around the world for half a century. And yet the PLAN had an accident that sunk it, killing 70 crew members. So would you say that China's ability to operate submarines is now questionable? Or would you come up with some measly excuse to justify that accident, and pretend that logic is different for India?

That Chinese sub is an old sub design. And the sub is also an old sub. So that is a double whammy. Sindhurakshak is of a more modern design. And the sub is also 16 years old as I remember. So its just surprising that this sub sunk. We'll have to wait for the investigation.

That Chinese sub is an old sub design. And the sub is also an old sub. So that is a double whammy. Sindhurakshak is of a more modern design. And the sub is also 16 years old as I remember. So its just surprising that this sub sunk. We'll have to wait for the investigation.

Wait...earlier you said that the sinking of Sindhurakshak was puzzling BECAUSE it was an old and well known design, whereas the US and Russian subs were new designs at the time. Now the sinking of the Chinese sub is excused BECAUSE it is an old (and proven) design? See the mental gymnastics you are having to make, to draw different conclusions from the same premises. When something happens to India, find all sorts of convoluted logic to impute inability to Indians. When the same thing has happened to china or Russia (Kursk), brush that away and draw the opposite logical conclusions.

From now on, do this as a mental exercise. Whenever you hear about some incident involving India, assume that it happened to china, and ask yourself what conclusion you will draw about china. Then draw that same conclusion about India. It will save you this trouble of having to clutch at straws to justify preconceived conclusions. Try to draw conclusions through logic, rather than assuming the conclusion first and then twisting logic to match it.

What utter, utter horse cr@p. show me a single large navy who has not had accidents with either their SSKs,SSBNs or SSNs??

Another case of anti-India propaganda. I'm surprised they didn't reference poverty.
And toilets!

Guys like the OP must be still doing the jig, dancing with joy at the accident. Doesn't this idiot know that anything can go wrong with electronic/mechanical systems at anytime in spite of all safety measures? There is nothing on planet Earth that is 100% accident proof.

Sailors of INS Sindhurakshak broke safety rules: Russia
Sailors of INS Sindhurakshak broke safety rules: Russia | Deccan Chronicle

New Delhi: Violation of safety regulations could be the most likely cause of the explosions on submarine Sindhurakshak because of which it sank, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has said.

Sixth body recovered from submarine INS Sindhurakshak

Rogozin, who was quoted by Russia’s official news agency Itar Tass, has said that India had raised no questions over the technical aspects of the submarine built and recently overhauled by Russia.

Quoting experts, he told that the violation of safety regulations was the most probable cause of the accident. He, however, qualified his comments, saying that assessment of what really happened are still being made to determine the exact reason behind the tragedy in which 18 Navy officials are feared dead. “But things are still to be assessed in full... At the moment we are not blaming the equipment,” Rogozin said.

“The very first information that I received at night, several hours after that accident was that the blast had occurred in the section where storage batteries were being charged. This is the most dangerous work, which is connected with safety measures rather than with the producers of this equipment,” he said.

He said the submarine itself, which had covered 15,000 nautical miles, did not attract criticism as to its technical characteristics. “It (the submarine) has never raised any questions on the part of our Indian colleagues,” he added.

INS Sindhurakshak: blood samples of relatives being collected

Meanwhile, divers from the Navy managed to open a second access to the sunken vessel on Friday during an overnight ‘challenging but critical’ operation.

“The divers have gained a second access to the submarine late last night when they successfully prised open the rear escape hatch which was submerged below and jammed due to high temperature,” a release from the Navy said, terming the operation as “challenging but critical.”

Also, opening of the jammed forward escape hatch is being attempted for an entry to the front portion of the submarine, the release said.

The rescue team had extricated badly charred bodies of five of the 18 personnel on Friday.

Good for us if they blow up their nuke subs in the docks..............

Ha ha ha... We certainly can disappoint you, From the same way we did from 1947! Every accidents and failures are the way to learn!

But it make sense to question India's ability to maintain a sub that is widely used.

So a 15 year old car does NOT get repaired and face accidents at all? I do not question your ability to post on threads for 50 cents!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom