What's new

A big question mark on India’s capacity to operate nuclear submarines

What utter, utter horse cr@p. show me a single large navy who has not had accidents with either their SSKs,SSBNs or SSNs??

People's Liberation Army Navy.

e13-903.jpg

Don't raise questions. You will be executed if you do... :D

Indians have not demonstrated any competency in operating subs. I'm afraid they will become the deep sea graveyards for them just like the flying coffins.

Don't worry... we will send fully loaded submarine to call Supa dupa power chyna port... then blow it up...

The author , a a Pakistani, is trying to say that an accident equates to decades of military experience of having submarines go poof? So when US and Russian submarine accidents happened I guess they should have had similar doubts espoused?

Good for us if they blow up their nuke subs in the docks..............

Russia, the manufacturer of Kilo-class submarines of Indian Navy, has washed its hands off the latest disaster of destruction of one of Indian Navy’s submarines built and overhauled by it. Russian deputy prime minister has blamed that violation of safety regulations could be the most likely cause of the explosions on submarine INS Sindhurakshak because of which it sank. According to The Times of India, Dmitry Rogozin has said India had raised no questions over the technical aspects of the submarine built and recently overhauled by Russia.
This has put a big question mark on India’s capacity to operate much bigger platform, the nuclear submarine it has recently put for sea trials after activating its nuclear powered engine. The Arihant class is a class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines being built for the Indian Navy. INS Arihant is the lead vessel. Four vessels are being built and are expected to be in commission by 2023. The Arihant-class vessels are India's first indigenously designed and built nuclear submarine. They were developed under the US$2.9 billion Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) project to design and build nuclear-powered submarines. INS Arihant is set to be the first ballistic missile submarine to have been built outside the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
The nuclear watchdog, IAEA should be concerned about the quality of safety standards of Indian Navy while dealing with nuclear submarine and put it on monitoring and surveillance.
The Russian deputy PM was visibly upset on the incident. He said the blast had occurred in the section where storage batteries were being charged. This is the most dangerous work, which is connected with safety measures rather than with the producers of this equipment.
The diesel-electric submarine was built in 1997 by the Admiralteiskie Verfi shipyard in St. Petersburg. It recently underwent interim overhaul and modernization at the Russian Severodvinsk-based Zvezdochka shipyard, and arrived at the Indian port of Mumbai on April 29.

Safety rules' violation puts question marks on India's capacity to operate nuclear submarines

What utter, utter horse cr@p. show me a single large navy who has not had accidents with either their SSKs,SSBNs or SSNs??

Why should this incident raise any doubts about anything??

Another case of anti-India propaganda. I'm surprised they didn't reference poverty.

Its true that most large sub fleet has incidents. But India has a small fleet, and it operate an established platform that is still quite new. Most of the accidents in other countries, include the US, occurred either at the stage when the technology is new for that country. Or when the platform was an older platform that the country is still using after newer version have come into wider use.

India is the only country that has caused the sinking of an established platform while its technology is still quite modern. Its most likely that India do not have the capability to handle advanced technology.

To be honest, when I saw the headline that an Indian ship was sunk, I thought it was Arihant at first because its a new boat on trial. I never would have suspected that its a Kilo derived sub.

Things were same for you when US was not a superpower...Lets just take a look

Category:United States submarine accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USS Thresher (SSN-593) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So some deep sea graveyards you were talking about? You might not wanna go der......

US was the superpower at the 60s. But because of bad design because it was a new technology back then, there were bound to have accidents.

India is the only country that caused the sinking of a quite modern ship that is also quite established platform. That has never happened in naval history.

Its true that most large sub fleet has incidents. But India has a small fleet, and it operate an established platform that is still quite new. Most of the accidents in other countries, include the US, occurred either at the stage when the technology is new for that country. Or when the platform was an older platform that the country is still using after newer version have come into wider use.

India is the only country that has caused the sinking of an established platform while its technology is still quite modern. Its most likely that India do not have the capability to handle advanced technology.

To be honest, when I saw the headline that an Indian ship was sunk, I thought it was Arihant at first because its a new boat on trial. I never would have suspected that its a Kilo derived sub.

US was the superpower at the 60s. But because of bad design because it was a new technology back then, there were bound to have accidents.

India is the only country that caused the sinking of a quite modern ship that is also quite established platform. That has never happened in naval history.

A 15 year old kilo class sub which suffered accident in dock, is sinking of a "quite modern ship" and first time in naval history :omghaha:

Good for us if they blow up their nuke subs in the docks..............

Keep hoping :D mean while try to develop commercial nuclear reactors before jumping to miniaturized nuclear reactors for Pakistan's 'nuclear submarine' :cuckoo:

Was the submarine made in India??

Indians have not demonstrated any competency in operating subs. I'm afraid they will become the deep sea graveyards for them just like the flying coffins.

In case of Nuke subs, we are operating them for quite long time by getting those on lease from Russia.

Keep hoping :D mean while try to develop commercial nuclear reactors before jumping to miniaturized nuclear reactors for Pakistan's 'nuclear submarine' :cuckoo:

Was the submarine made in India??

But it make sense to question India's ability to maintain a sub that is widely used.

That submarine may have had a flawed design too!! its battery compartment blew up and thats why it was sent for refit worth 80 million $!!! and who said modern ship cant malfunction???

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom