What's new

99% of colleges in India do not have infrastructure: SC

Who cares about infrastructure..all i cared about was it was damn fun and enjoyed like no other time in my life :bounce:

@damn missing my college days

^ you both guys are same line as mine. Now i doing final year. Only 8 clg months i have to enjoy:cry:

^ you both guys are same line as mine. Now i doing final year. Only 8 clg months i have to enjoy:cry:

I am also in final year but would not be able to enjoy :cry::cry:
got a lot of work, projects, placements, competititive exams

Hell i don't have time to njoy last year of my colg
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And also some Pakistanis happily post Times of India if it has something what they feel bad for India but if it has anything about Pakistan they feels hot coals and make fun of TOI as trash.

99% of colleges in India do not have infrastructure: SC

TNN, Jul 22, 2010
01.38am IST

NEW DELHI: Students lured into taking admission through false advertisements by unrecognised and non-affiliated colleges should be compensated heavily by these institutions, the Supreme Court said on Wednesday.

"Why not pay Rs 2 lakh to each student duped by such institutions? It's quite like railway accidents where the government compensates the victims. Here the students are the victims by the career accident. Only if these bogus institutions are made to pay, then this menace will stop," it said.

These remarks came from a Bench comprising Justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly, which was taken aback by the rampancy of unrecognised and non-affiliated colleges offering BEd courses to students, who at the end of the course find themselves in the lurch.

The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) also came for a lot of flak, despite its member secretary Hasib Ahmed trying to explain the steps being taken to take action against those institutions which illegally admitted students and being strict in granting recognition to colleges.

The Bench asked him to file an affidavit by Thursday promising that not a single institution not meeting the criteria and infrastructure requirement will be given recognition henceforth.

It said: "In India, 99% of the government and private colleges do not have infrastructure as required under the statute. They are just like shops fleecing money from the students and not bothering about their future."

The Bench was dealing with appeals by a large number of colleges in the western region which had admitted students without having proper sanction. It found out that around 1,200 colleges were given recognition by NCTE in a period of 10 years and wondered as to how so many inspections were carried out by the regulatory body.

"Do not compromise with the standards of education. We have a political class which wants to practice what was prevalent long ago in US -- appoint party men to posts of teachers. Here in India, just before the elections the ruling parties would come out with advertisements for filling thousands of teachers' posts. This is nothing but playing with the future of the students," the Bench said while reserving verdict in the cases.

99% of colleges in India do not have infrastructure: SC - India - The Times of India

and these kids from so called moneyless colleges now are highest rated in silicon valley, join the famous professions worldwide, join the indian army whose officers tests are among the hardest in the world , are in more numbers in NASA than any other nation, and above all they dont study in madarsas, or hindu gurukuls they have taken india to new heights and also clear IIT test considered hardest test in the world after MIT test, unlike their pakistani counterparts who cant even study in private colleges because there are so few colleges there:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and these kids from so called moneyless colleges now are highest rated in silicon valley, join the famous professions worldwide, join the indian army whose officers tests are among the hardest in the world , are in more numbers in NASA than any other nation, and above all they dont study in madarsas, or hindu gurukuls they have taken india to new heights and also clear IIT test considered hardest test in the world after MIT test, unlike their pakistani counterparts who cant even study in private colleges because there are so few colleges there: :

Both of my parents r doctors...me too..my uncle and other cousins r all professionals..and we r from the so called minority community..should i tell more about the infrastructure??? or discrimination towards minorities..what a CRAP article.(farticle :D ----some other members quote)

IIT test considered hardest test in the world after MIT test

Where did you get this part from? And this is kind of a silly logic mate - only Indians apply for the JEE, which means the guys who pass will be Indians! And no matter how tough the test is, someone needs to clear it right? And the cutoffs are adjusted accordingly.

Back to the topic, I think the 99% of Indian colleges lack adequate infrastructure. Maybe some of the IITs and IISc have the infrastructure to do in-house projects. But the rest of the students have to go to other institutes to do theirs. That is quite different from what you have here in the US where even the low-ranked universities have sufficient funding and facilities to do research. Till we don't reach the goal of making institutes self-sufficient, we have to accept the article in spirit.

This song is made in my collage all infra is present in video is present in college

My college is not very big but not small at all

IES IPS ACADEMY Indore

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost educational institutes is not new phenomenon in sub-continent the influential people show these on paper when none is existing hence they snatch the funds otherwise allocated for promotion of education :(

What do the colleges have to do in Military subforum ?

Anything Negative To India Finds its Place Here Often. Justin has Made a VERY NOTABLE Comment. :

And also some Pakistanis happily post Times of India if it has something what they feel bad for India but if it has anything about Pakistan they feels hot coals and make fun of TOI as trash.

Duality ??

But I Agree To the Point being made in the Article.

AICTE has Its Top Officials Suspended. Need i Say More ?

99% is kinda over statement but yea there are colleges still here which have leaking roofs and no proper benches and desks. but since most of pupils only go to colleges once in a month,no body complaints :partay:

99% is kinda over statement but yea there are colleges still here which have leaking roofs and no proper benches and desks. but since most of pupils only go to colleges once in a month,no body complaints :partay:

Seiko as a mod mentioned its about ghost educational institutes and some private that lure students to get admission but these colleges fail to meet the criteria of providing facilities which includes labs and so on.

Its the same in our country. They just mint money

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom