What's new

85 % of Turks Don’t Drink Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you something constructive to add. Alas!

You did not add anything 'constructive' to the discussion either. Being a 'senior member' hopefully isn't grounds for special treatment here I hope.

Bottomline is, it is no one's business if the Turks drink or how much they drink. As a country and a society, they are successful when you compare them to Pakistan or even Saudi Arabia. Banning this, banning that never achieved anything in the course of human history.

Alcohol still flows illegally in Pakistan; the govt is just losing out on crucial tax revenues which it would get by legalizing alcohol.

wow you azeris like drinking more than us :D

medale talaye aragh khori ro besham tanghdim mikonim :rofl:
:rofl:
Probably it is because we have a lot of grape production from very old times.
Are, average e Azerbaijan az USA ham bishtar hast :lol: Age yaadet baasheh, ghablan ham behet gofteh boudam ke in be tor e sonnati be ma resideh az zamaan e safavi ham dar ketaab haye tarikhi, neveshteh shodeh ;)

Turks shouldn't drink alcohol. The minimum punishment for this is flogging which is common back during Khalif time and no river with the taste of wine is rewarded in afterlife (if not repent). Even though, they are Muslims but the problem is they don't wanna learn what's halal or haram and the reason behind this issue and if they knew this, something could change. I mean they say we don't eat bacon but yes to this so what's the difference when Muslims are not supposed to eat it? This trend is common for Turks.

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab, and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2295) and Saheeh Muslim (86) it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one who commits zina is a believer at the moment when he is committing zina, and no one who drinks wine is a believer at the moment when he is drinking it, and no thief is a believer at the moment when he is stealing, and no robber is a believer at the moment when he is robbing and the people are looking on.” This means that such a person is not a believer in the sense of having complete faith, rather his faith is greatly lacking because of this evil action.

It is also narrated in al-Bukhaari (5147) and Muslim (3736) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever drinks wine in this world and does not repent from that, he will be deprived of it in the Hereafter.”

In Sunan Abi Dawood (3189) it is narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed alcohol, the one who drinks it, the one who pours it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who squeezes it (squeezes the grapes, etc), the one for whom it is squeezed, the one who carries it and the one to whom it is carried.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/700)

In Sunan al-Nasaa’i (5570) it is narrated that Ibn al-Daylami said to ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr, “O ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr, did you hear the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say anything about wine?” He said, “Yes, I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘If any man from among my ummah drinks wine, Allaah will not accept his prayers for forty days.’” This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah (709). What this means is that he will not be rewarded for them, but he is still obliged to pray; in fact he is obliged to do all the prayers. If he forsakes prayer during this time, he will be committing one of the worst of major sins, one which some of the scholars said amounts to kufr, Allaah forbid.

Edit: as Kaan says, we all have the internet now = good for research, give some time. :angel:

Last edited:
Turks shouldn't drink alcohol. The minimum punishment for this is flogging which is common back during Khalif time (inc Ottoman) and no river with the taste of wine is rewarded in afterlife. (if not repent). Even though, they are Muslims but the problem is they don't wanna learn what's halal or haram and the reason in this issue and if they knew this something could change. I mean they say we don't eat bacon but yes to this so what's the difference when Muslims are not supposed to eat it? This trend is everywhere, wake up.
Thanks for sharing. From what I have noticed turks are learning more about islam nowadays thanks to the internet.

You did not add anything 'constructive' to the discussion either. Being a 'senior member' hopefully isn't grounds for special treatment here I hope.

Bottomline is, it is no one's business if the Turks drink or how much they drink. As a country and a society, they are successful when you compare them to Pakistan or even Saudi Arabia. Banning this, banning that never achieved anything in the course of human history.

Alcohol still flows illegally in Pakistan; the govt is just losing out on crucial tax revenues which it would get by legalizing alcohol.

Tch tch tch.. Those who want to drink, they drink it anywhere. You have taken it completely out of context. Whatever!

Thanks for sharing. From what I have noticed turks are learning more about islam nowadays thanks to the internet.

God bless them and all Muslims around the world, when I was in Gaza I met Turkish men there who became more religious and learned to read the Quran in Gaza while they asked for hand of Palestinian girls and got married to them. Some studied in Turkey so that's how they met each other and I was surprised there were turkish people living there. Females too.

From personal experience as I have many Turkish/Kurdish friends, it's usually the Alevi's that drink. I think Alevi's are actually allowed to drink. But obviously it depends on the individual regardless of belief.

From personal experience as I have many Turkish/Kurdish friends, it's usually the Alevi's that drink. I think Alevi's are actually allowed to drink. But obviously it depends on the individual regardless of belief.
Do not be sectarian dude. We, Turks, have almost zero sectarian tension between ourselves, although we have many different religions. There is no difference between us, and it has nothing to do with our religion.

good for the turks! alcohol is nothing to be proud of :)
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom