What's new

85 % of Turks Don’t Drink Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy why do we stuck in 2 extremes? Be moderate. You can always drink occasionally and remain completely sane. My father drinks occasionally but I have never seen him losing control.
Most Turks are special ocassion drinkers, i think most participants of this surves said no even though they drink on special events.

Alcohol is haram

Very true and it's haram and for very good reasons.

""There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption"
- Prof. David Nutt DM FRCP FRCPsych FMedSci​
There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption | Professor David Nutt | Science | theguardian.com

Studies have shown it's even worse than crack and heroin:
20101106_WOC504_0.gif

http://www.sg.unimaas.nl/_OLD/oudelezingen/dddsd.pdf

Here is a small interview with the same Prof. David Nutt and why he knows the government refused to listen to him regarding alcohol and fired him from his chief drug advisory position under the Labour government:

I actually met a friend of mine, a revert to Islam, at the wedding of another friend (a revert to Islam whose long time girlfriend, who he had a kid with before becoming Muslim, also reverted to Islam along with their kid). I asked him how he came back to Islam (since it is the one and only faith sanctioned by the one and only creator) and he briefly told me his story which began with him waking up with his head in the toilet filled with blood he vomited out the night before after a night of binge drinking with some of his old friends. From what I recall he found out that he developed an ulcer because of his drinking habit and he decided he needed to clean up his life so that got him started looking for advice and a road map he could follow. If I recall correctly he didn't believe in Christianity especially after reading the biblical story of Hazrat Isa (Jesus) pbuh turning water into alcohol and after seeing how much pain it caused him as well as other problems he had with it and he eventually came across Islam and really liked the message and eventually decided to revert.

To me it seems that people are drinking alcohol to run away from their problems or generally escape a miserable existence otherwise why take it? Can't they have a good time without alcohol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good that you debunked this alcohol shit with modern science findings about or else you would have been shouted down as extremist or Taliban! @PakPrinciples

Hehehe….. half the members in this thread are banned. :D

Bdw I don't understand one very simple thing.
Some Turks don't drink alcohol, so what's the big problem others are having because of that. Why can't people just mind their own f business.

What do you expect from a filthy people who act like the pigs and monkeys they believe they'll eventually reincarnate as, assuming they aren't mindless beasts already, in a country that seems to be nothing more than one large pool of drunken rapists?

Maybe all of their mothers were drinking alcohol while they were still in the womb which could explain why they're so retarded.

Very true and it's haram and for very good reasons.

""There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption"
- Prof. David Nutt DM FRCP FRCPsych FMedSci​
There is no such thing as a safe level of alcohol consumption | Professor David Nutt | Science | theguardian.com

Studies have shown it's even worse than crack and heroin:
20101106_WOC504_0.gif

http://www.sg.unimaas.nl/_OLD/oudelezingen/dddsd.pdf

Here is a small interview with the same Prof. David Nutt and why he knows the government refused to listen to him regarding alcohol and fired him from his chief drug advisory position under the Labour government:

I actually met a friend of mine, a revert to Islam, at the wedding of another friend (a revert to Islam whose long time girlfriend, who he had a kid with before becoming Muslim, also reverted to Islam along with their kid). I asked him how he came back to Islam (since it is the one and only faith sanctioned by the one and only creator) and he briefly told me his story which began with him waking up with his head in the toilet filled with blood he vomited out the night before after a night of binge drinking with some of his old friends. From what I recall he found out that he developed an ulcer because of his drinking habit and he decided he needed to clean up his life so that got him started looking for advice and a road map he could follow. If I recall correctly he didn't believe in Christianity especially after reading the biblical story of Hazrat Isa (Jesus) pbuh turning water into alcohol and after seeing how much pain it caused him as well as other problems he had with it and he eventually came across Islam and really liked the message and eventually decided to revert.

To me it seems that people are drinking alcohol to run away from their problems or generally escape a miserable existence otherwise why take it? Can't they have a good time without alcohol?

I could have given you a fitting answer for the @*****e kinda post you have made, but rather let the mods deal with you, @WebMaster , @Aeronaut @Oscar, abusing mothers in filthy discussions.

You said that on purpose when you knew it's haram. Actually you say a lot of things on purpose lol.

You are going to be think tanker soon in PDF for revealing me. :P

What I say is based on facts , not air bubbles. Alcohol is not declaired haram is Quran. Its highly discouraged in Quran but not strictly haram. Its Makrooh.

Quran does not use the word "prohibition" in the context of alcohol (khMr) anytime, anywhere. KhMr is the arabic term used for anything that causes intoxication. In other words, alcohol has not been categorized as "haram" in the Quran. Only three things have been categorized as "haram". These are (a) animals that die of any basis other than being sacrificed ("halal") in the name of Allah, (b) blood of animals and (c) flesh of pigs. As such the reasoning behind every one of these items being categorized as "haram" was medical, especially undercooked pork which causes triganosis. This perhaps is a different discussion altogether.

What exactly DOES Quran say about alcohol ? | Shahid Batalvi Speaks

You are going to be think tanker soon in PDF for revealing me. :P

What I say is based on facts , not air bubbles. Alcohol is not declaired haram is Quran. Its highly discouraged in Quran but not strictly haram. Its Makrooh.

Quran does not use the word "prohibition" in the context of alcohol (khMr) anytime, anywhere. KhMr is the arabic term used for anything that causes intoxication. In other words, alcohol has not been categorized as "haram" in the Quran. Only three things have been categorized as "haram". These are (a) animals that die of any basis other than being sacrificed ("halal") in the name of Allah, (b) blood of animals and (c) flesh of pigs. As such the reasoning behind every one of these items being categorized as "haram" was medical, especially undercooked pork which causes triganosis. This perhaps is a different discussion altogether.

What exactly DOES Quran say about alcohol ? | Shahid Batalvi Speaks

LOL.

Don't know what world you are living in Rawami gypsy.

Health Ministry: About 85 % of Turks don’t drink alcohol

Some 84.9 percent of Turks say they do not consume alcohol, according to a Health Ministry study titled "Health and Nutrition in Turkey" conducted among 44,607 participants, Hurriyet Daily News reported.

According to the study, women between the ages of 19-30 consume an average of 1.75 liters of alcohol per year, while women between the ages of 31-50 consume an average of 0.55 liters of alcohol per year.

Men between the ages of 31-50 consume an average of 14.46 liters of alcohol per year, while it is an average of 12.91 liters among men between the ages of 51-64. Men between the ages of 19-30 consume an average of 0.93 liters of alcohol per year, according to the ministry's data.

The report also revealed that Turks living in rural areas consume alcohol more than those living in urban areas.

The survey also yielded other intriguing results, such as body sizes in comparison with education levels.

The survey revealed that women of lower education levels tended to be heavier, although the weight of men did not differ according to their level of education.

Shopping for food is mostly done by women in Turkish households. In 60 percent of all households surveyed, women do the shopping for food and beverages.Meanwhile, a majority of respondents, 72.5 percent, said they were influenced by commercials when buying snacks such as chocolate, wafers and chips.

Only 47 percent of respondents said they ate vegetables every day.

The study also shows that 11.9 percent of Turkish people consume potato chips once or twice a week, 9.2 percent consume readymade soups once a month. People eat traditional Turkish foods pide and lahmacun once or twice every month.
Health Ministry: About 85 % of Turks don’t drink alcohol - Trend.Az
The thing is how much you try to take Islam away from Muslims and use as much force and other tactics which you can use you can't you simply can't yes people may follow some other cultures for some time and years but than they would return and strike back and you will see this soon in Turkey and as for Alcohol man its diesaes which people know destroys them still legally sold in many countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom