What's new

7 injured after F-35 jet crashes on aircraft carrier in South China Sea

F 35 is becoming a failure for us and its allies its bkessing in desguise no muslim nation bought it
Yeah...We heard variations of this when the F-35 was in development. The jet defied Pierre Sprey, Air Power Australia, and assorted internet trolls who can barely tell the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. The F-35 WILL survive these mishaps the same way my F-111 and F-16 passed theirs and became feared weapons for decades. Am glad that no Muslim countries bought it. When I was active duty, I learned that F-15 pilots routinely low barred Saudi pilots. I doubt that F-35 pilots would want to do the same for any Muslim pilot.:enjoy:

Afghanistan was on the other side of the world and we stay for 20 yrs. Viet Nam is next door to China and you got booted after two weeks. Not a combat record for you to boast about.
LOL, Are Afghanistan and Vietnam wars your bragging right now? China Vietnam border clash was not even a war and was never designed to be a war in the first place, you can also claim that in 1962 China was booted out of India in 2 weeks, whatever comforts your hurt feelings.

Since it says 7 other sailors were injured, I'm thinking the arresting cable snapped. Explains why other sailors got injured during landing.
It is still too early in the investigation but we can indulge.

On landing, if the cable failed, it must have failed instantaneously. Metal under this level of stress do not fail gradually. The next question is when did the cable failed? If the cable failed the moment it was stressed by the jet, there would have been more casualties and equipment damages because the cable would have failed early in the landing progress as the jet pulls on the cable. Remember that on carrier landing, the pilot push throttle forward just in case he missed the cable.

Failure to arrest, or catch the cable, is called a 'bolter' and with the jet at full throttle, the jet would have just continue flying. A bolter would not cause injuries to anyone or equipment.

But the pilot ejected. That mean most likely he caught the cable, then the cable failed. Because he caught the cable, the jet lost some forward momentum, so when the cable failed, the jet did not have sufficient speed, despite full throttle, so the pilot had to eject or go into the waters. The flailing cable then caused personnel injuries. If everything speculated above is true, then this has nothing to do with the F-35.

We should not expect anything other than ignorant juvenile glee from people here. :enjoy:

LOL, Are Afghanistan and Vietnam wars your bragging right now?
Why not? From a strict military perspective, the US never lost in Viet Nam and Afghanistan. Politically speaking, it would be a different debate.

China Vietnam border clash was not even a war and was never designed to be a war in the first place,
The Viets who fought the PLA at that time was above the militia level. And yet, no one expected the PLA to incur such losses from a militia force.

you can also claim that in 1962 China was booted out of India in 2 weeks, whatever comforts your hurt feelings.
I will let the Indians make that call. :enjoy:

Last edited:
Yeah...We heard variations of this when the F-35 was in development. The jet defied Pierre Sprey, Air Power Australia, and assorted internet trolls who can barely tell the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. The F-35 WILL survive these mishaps the same way my F-111 and F-16 passed theirs and became feared weapons for decades. Am glad that no Muslim countries bought it. When I was active duty, I learned that F-15 pilots routinely low barred Saudi pilots. I doubt that F-35 pilots would want to do the same for any Muslim pilot.:enjoy:
Does UAE count in Muslim countries??

On a lighter note, it was Pakistan that took the Viper to war before a lot of countries had their combat tours and used it well.

It is still too early in the investigation but we can indulge.

On landing, if the cable failed, it must have failed instantaneously. Metal under this level of stress do not fail gradually. The next question is when did the cable failed? If the cable failed the moment it was stressed by the jet, there would have been more casualties and equipment damages because the cable would have failed early in the landing progress as the jet pulls on the cable. Remember that on carrier landing, the pilot push throttle forward just in case he missed the cable.

Failure to arrest, or catch the cable, is called a 'bolter' and with the jet at full throttle, the jet would have just continue flying. A bolter would not cause injuries to anyone or equipment.

But the pilot ejected. That mean most likely he caught the cable, then the cable failed. Because he caught the cable, the jet lost some forward momentum, so when the cable failed, the jet did not have sufficient speed, despite full throttle, so the pilot had to eject or go into the waters. The flailing cable then caused personnel injuries. If everything speculated above is true, then this has nothing to do with the F-35.

We should not expect anything other than ignorant juvenile glee from people here. :enjoy:
ok. Or maybe simply PLA tightened the screw a little bit & some got weak-kneed just like the seacow incident.

You need to read my post again to comprehend what I said. 'Real Bad' as in 'Real Bad Injuries' to the sailor, meaning severe injuries with the likelihood of permanent disability.
Actually my friend, no offence, but are you suffering from a low IQ or something? Re-read my post once again, very carefully. Perhaps you will get what i meant!

:what:

A05FD6BA-9CAC-4D13-BF26-76ED5828B8B9.jpeg

If american jet crashes, chinese, Pakistani, indian or any other.. There shouldn't be mocking.

Accidents / Crashes do happen in aviation. Sometimes mechanical failure, sometimes human error.

A crash doesn't mean that aircraft is junk. we proudly claim F-16 as one of our best, which has installed fear in indians for decades.. F-35C is generation ahead of that plane by same makers.

As far as pilots training are concerned, A/Cs operations are many folds more trickier then normal land based ops. Even so, highly skilled / trained pilots do sometimes are involve in accidents / human error.

We lost our ace pilot in F-16 not long so ago near Shakarprian, Neither there was any lack of training nor the jet was junk.

Bottomline is Accidents can happen to anyone anytime. This proves nothing. Move on.

The point is where and why this happened.
There would be no mocking if the crash had happened in Gulf of Mexico or the middle of Pacific Ocean.
If you come across the whole Pacific Ocean to harass others like peeping tom and with hostility, don't blame others to mock when you take a pratfall.

There would be no mocking if the crash had happened in Gulf of Mexico or the middle of Pacific Ocean.
If you come across the whole Pacific Ocean to harass others like peeping tom and with hostility, don't blame others to mock when you take a pratfall.
No one is 'blaming' anyone if they mock US. Just understand that if you have no relevant experience in the matter, be prepared for when your ignorance is exposed which means you will be mocked in return. :enjoy:

No one is 'blaming' anyone if they mock US. Just understand that if you have no relevant experience in the matter, be prepared for when your ignorance is exposed which means you will be mocked in return. :enjoy:

Ignorance? Like others did not know landing on a carrier is challenging or crashes had never happened to US Navy?
The point is why it happened in South China Sea. :rofl:

Ignorance? Like others did not know landing on a carrier is challenging or crashes had never happened to US Navy?
The point is why it happened in South China Sea. :rofl:
What the F does the SCS location have to do with this? Are you saying that something mysterious about the SCS caused this mishap? So yes, so far, YOU have shown your ignorance.

those clowns come to intimidate another country gazillion miles from their home with that kind of performance again and again. they deserve to be laughed at. :lol:

Just come incomplete list of accidents happening in South China Sea and vicinity:

2021/10/2 USS Connecticut: collision with a sea mount
2017/8/21 USS Maccain: collision with a tanker
2017/8/1 USS Stethem: sailor missing
2017/6/17 USS Fizgerald: collision with a cargo ship

Just come incomplete list of accidents happening in South China Sea and vicinity:

2021/10/2 USS Connecticut: collision with a sea mount
2017/8/21 USS Maccain: collision with a tanker
2017/8/1 USS Stethem: sailor missing
2017/6/17 USS Fizgerald: collision with a cargo ship
This is about a mishap that involves an F-35. Can you wrap your head around that and stay on topic?

What the F does the SCS location have to do with this? Are you saying that something mysterious about the SCS caused this mishap? So yes, so far, YOU have shown your ignorance.

No. Apparently you had difficulty in understanding others. Like I said, no one mock you if you take a pratfall in your backyard. But be prepared when you take a pratfall when you come a long way to peep and intimidate someone else in his backyard. BTW watch your mouth! Your words just showed your arrogance.

This is about a mishap that involves an F-35. Can you wrap your head around that and stay on topic?

What's wrong? This is not an F-35 exclusive thread.
Aren't 'South China Sea' the keywords in the subject?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom