What's new

7.8 earthquake 50 km east of Pak-Iran border.

Magnitude 7.5 quake jolts Sistan-Baluchestan in SE Iran, kills 40

At least 40 people have been killed after a 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck Iran's southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan near the border with Pakistan.

The Iranian Seismological Center (IRSC) said the epicenter of the quake, which occurred at 15:14 local time at a depth of 18 kilometers on Tuesday, was situated 81 kilometers north of the city of Saravan.

The quake, unprecedented in past 40 years, prompted officials to declare an emergency situation in the region.

Assessment and evaluation teams as well as rescue teams from the Iranian Red Crescent Society have been dispatched to the quake-stricken area, which is a sparsely populated rural area between the provincial cities of Saravan and Khash.

The tremor was powerful enough to be felt as far away as New Delhi, India, where it rocked tall buildings. It was also felt in the Persian Gulf's littoral states of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

According to Press TV correspondent, at least seven people have been killed in Balochistan province of Pakistan near Iran-Pakistan border, after the major quake hit Iran's southeastern parts.

Officials and local sources told Press TV that several houses were destroyed due to earthquake in Panjgur District near Iran border on Tuesday, killing five people including two women.

Meanwhile, at least two people were killed due to earthquake in Chahaai area in Balochistan near Iran border.

source

guys i've got to admit my nokia 3310 fell........

sorry for the inconvenience !!!! :undecided:

nokia3310.jpg

7.9m earthquake reaching all neighboring borders, interesting that less than 100 people had been killed.

pakistan_quake.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Office workers stand outside of their buildings following an earthquake tremor in Karachi on Tuesday. An 8.0 magnitude earthquake struck Iran on Tuesday with tremors felt across Pakistan among other regions, media reported.

I felt it clearly. Evacuated the building quickly after that.

Exactly what I am thinking, it wasnt anything in Isl and Lahode but how come indian channels are showing people out into the streets and all?
there is sometimes a fobia like people if come to know that something has happened they also start feeling that it is happening with them also...lol.....i might b wrong!! but there are many indian friends who felt it it might b related with geogrphy...or there might b two centres of earthquake.:)...i'm not a expert though

REU: IRAN CRISIS CENTRE OFFICIAL SAYS NO DEATHS REPORTED SO FAR IN IRAN IN EARTHQUAKE - ISNA NEWS AGENCY

Back
Top Bottom