What's new

6 dead in string of attacks in southern Israel

sreekimpact

Reaction score
Country
India
t1larg.egypt.security.jpg

Jerusalem (CNN) -- At least six people were killed and more than two dozen others were injured in southern Israel when attackers fired shots at a bus, assaulted Israeli soldiers, and fired mortars and an anti-tank missile.
The assault occurred about 20 kilometers (12 miles) from the Israeli city of Eilat -- close to the Israeli-Egyptian border. Israeli soldiers exchanged gunfire with the assailants, described by the Israel Defense Forces as "terrorists."
An Israeli emergency official said six people died. Four were found in a private car and one was at a nearby scene. A sixth man was found dead as well.
At least 26 people were admitted to Yoseftal Hospital in Eilat, including one with serious injuries. Three injured people were transferred to Soroka hospital in Beer Sheva. The IDF said casualties included civilians and soldiers.
The incident began when shots were fired at a vehicle on a bus traveling from Beersheva to Eilat, near the community of Netafim.
IDF spokesman Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai said that after the bus attack, explosives were used against an IDF force operating in the area.
Mortars were fired toward Israeli troops near the Egyptian border, and an anti-tank missile was fired, Mordechai said.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak met to discuss the "grave attacks," the prime minister's office said.
"In light of what's happening near Eilat, our deepest condolences go out to the victims, their families and loved ones, of what appears to be a brutal and cowardly act of terrorism in southern Israel," the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv said.
"We wish those injured a speedy recovery. The American people and the Israeli people stand united against terror and we hope that those involved in the planning of this gruesome attack will be brought to swift justice."
Eilat is a resort town on Israel's southern tip, near Egypt's Sinai border. It generally has not endured the kind of strife faced by other regions including the swath of southern Israel near Gaza -- the coastal Palestinian territory just south of the Jewish state along its west coast.
Across the border, the Egyptian army and police are cracking down in an "anti-terror" operation in the Sinai area of Egypt, state-owned media reported on Tuesday, as reports emerge of Osama bin Laden's doctor surfacing in the area.
Police said they found hand grenades, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and ammunition in the operation that targets Sinai "terror cells" suspected in attacks on a gas pipeline to Israel and a police station in the border town of el-Arish.
One person was killed and 12 were arrested on Monday, the first day of the operation, said Hazem al-Maadawi, a police officer involved in the offensive.
Netanyahu told a Knesset committee recently that Egypt was having difficulty exercising its sovereignty over Sinai.
"What's happening in Sinai is that global terrorist organizations are meddling there and their presence is increasing because of the connection between Sinai and Gaza," Netanyahu said.
The Egyptian military presence in the demilitarized zone in Sinai under the Camp David Agreement signed in 1978 between Egypt and Israel raises many questions.

Thats good.Those terrorists should learn a lesson.

But what's bad is, they are gonna avenge it 10 times worse from the Phalestinians.

this isnt good , are these people shooting from egypt into israeli territory

My condolences to the victims

Dont worry little piece of scum, terrorists that u worship will get a lesson they will never forget.

I hope not all Israelis are as blood thirsty as you are. Violence begets more violence.

My condolences to the victims

I hope not all Israelis are as blood thirsty as you are. Violence begets more violence.

:lol: and you see nothing wrong with the Pakistani member's post ? Bias is ok but make sure it doesn't go to such an absurd extent that people stop taking you seriously .

has lieberman made any anouncements? would be cool to read.

no matter how hard Israel tried with all her might,wealth and world support..They failed to stop poor malnourished....embargo and blockade stricken Palestinians from fighting back..
Now Israel will jump around like an enraged bull high on testosterones or some other steroid,kill babies,bomb hospitals...and still wont be able to stop the infilterators/freedom fighters/terrorists...whatever name you want to give them.

None of this justifies killing innocent people .By jihadis or israel or anyone else.

He goes to his jihadi Israeli hating sources, brings up a bunch of Photoshopped pictures and you believe what he says?
So Ariel`s head was just floating in the scenery? Convenient pictures stacked up one after the other with serious grammar mistakes and you believe his argument?

He goes to his jihadi Israeli hating sources, brings up a bunch of Photoshopped pictures and you believe what he says?
So Ariel`s head was just floating in the scenery? Convenient pictures stacked up one after the other with serious grammar mistakes and you believe his argument?

Other than the one showing Sharon's face, the pictures look real enough to me :confused:

Killing and death is bad. Doesn't matter who or what. I don't have any respect for Zionism as it stinks of racism but i condone anyone carrying out atrocities.

I don't care whether they are real or fake . my point is that even if they are real , it does not justify killing innocent people .

Back
Top Bottom