What's new

5th-Gen fighter plan hits hurdle as Russia hikes cost ! Chinese Ping Pong ?

read post#55 and educate yourself :angry:
Read Post #49 I aleady did. @ChinaToday dont worry Tejas MK-2 will take some time before induction. Not to worry mera Bhai :azn:

F-22, despite being smaller and lighter than J-20, can carry 8 (eight) A2A missiles in internal
weapon bays.

While J-20, despite being bigger, heavier & less stealthy, can carry only 6 (six) missiles
in internal bays.

This may make it superior to F-35 in air combat but inferior to both F-22 or FGFA.
F 35 has matured now. It is no comparison to Chinese J 20 in all Aspects .

Last edited by a moderator:
F 35 has matured now. It is no comparison to Chinese J 20 in all Aspects .

I was merely talking from a numerical point of view - like, how many shots you can take before you
have to egress or retreat.

F-35 can carry a maximum of 4 air-to-air missiles in internal bays, Shenyang J-31/F-60 also carries only
4 missiles in bays, Chengdu J-20 carries 6, whilst both F/A-22 and Su-50 PAK-FA can take upto 8 such
missiles in a said A2A engagement. Even though all these jets are supposed to be 5th generation
planes, only Raptor & Firefox are the true air-dominance birdies. Nothing comes close. For one reason
or the other.

Intresting Look at J 20 : While no specific analysts have claimed the J-20 used stealth coatings from the 1999 F-117 downed over Serbia, analysts have noted that if Chinese designers used stealth coatings based on the F-117, the result would be decades behind current American state-of-the-art. However, Chinese test pilot Xu Yongling said that the J-20 was a masterpiece of home-grown innovation, and also noted the F-117 technology was already outdated even at the time it was shot down, and could not be applied to a next-generation stealth jet. Janes editor James Hardy agrees that it was unlikely China would have learned much from the wreckage

I was merely talking from a numerical point of view - like, how many shots you can take before you

F-35 can carry a maximum of 4 air-to-air missiles in internal bays, Shenyang J-31/F-60 also carries only
4 missiles in bays, Chengdu J-20 carries 6, whilst both F/A-22 and Su-50 PAK-FA can take upto 8 such
missiles in a said A2A engagement. Even though all these jets are supposed to be 5th generation
planes, only Raptor & Firefox are the true air-dominance birdies. Nothing comes close. For one reason
or the other.

517438755_3_670_467.jpg

no joke I m the expert you are not
That is an even better joke.

But since you are an 'expert', I hope you can explain something for me...

Long ago, a Chinese member here declared that the 10-lambda rule violates Born Approximation. Never mind that both are crucial to the design shaping of any radar low observable body.

Can YOU, the 'expert', explain to the forum how can the 10-lambda rule violate Born Approximation? Remember, you are not allowed to disagree with a fellow Chinese.

:lol:

or the other.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/americas/264754-us-navy-receives-its-first-f-35c-lightning-ii-fighter-craft.html#post4527561

Intresting Look at J 20 : While no specific analysts have claimed the J-20 used stealth coatings from the 1999 F-117 downed over Serbia, analysts have noted that if Chinese designers used stealth coatings based on the F-117, the result would be decades behind current American state-of-the-art. However, Chinese test pilot Xu Yongling said that the J-20 was a masterpiece of home-grown innovation, and also noted the F-117 technology was already outdated even at the time it was shot down, and could not be applied to a next-generation stealth jet. Janes editor James Hardy agrees that it was unlikely China would have learned much from the wreckage

517438755_3_670_467.jpg

You can carry external weapons, but that's not being a stealth plane anymore.

FGFA/Raptor can also carry external loads, which will again get them superiority over the others.

F35 = F16 High agility not so maneuverability

IN FOCUS: Lockheed claims F-35 kinematics

F-35 equipped with new photoelectric sensor automatically emitting laser interference missile | Global News

TWR is great as it has 220KN strapped to it with weight slightly more than f16. Also it can slow maneuver like hornet. Later upgrades by 2020 will be more powerful engine , 6 internal AIM 120D, better radar. (can carry more payload by weight internally than F22).

Overall as of now

1. F22
2. FGFA ( Stealthier and better avionics, Israeli, Indian EW , HUD, HMDS beauties!)
3. PAKFA
4. F35
5. J20

Where does you got this figure that F-35 engine has 220KN thrust.

So! in Short India isn't going to get it's FGFA before 2022?? or could be more late?

What optimism!

All you guys say TOI is TOIlet, but whenever you read something negative about Indian Defence in it,
it suddenly becomes a better source than IHS Jane's!

First see what exactly the hurdle is, Indian journalists have the habit of sensationalizing everything.

It's not likely the final delivery date will be delayed because there is no technical glitch involved,
commercial negotiations will be ongoing throughout the length and breadth of the project. Nothing
to be alarmed about, really. The price increase is likely to be in the field of a few millions.

Sonia Randy Gandhi knows she wouldn't come to power again in her life term, now she wants her pound of flesh.
this is reason why Russian upped the price.

What optimism!

All you guys say TOI is TOIlet, but whenever you read something negative about Indian Defence in it,
it suddenly becomes a better source than IHS Jane's!

First see what exactly the hurdle is, Indian journalists have the habit of sensationalizing everything.

It's not likely the final delivery date will be delayed because there is no technical glitch involved,
commercial negotiations will be ongoing throughout the length and breadth of the project. Nothing
to be alarmed about, really. The price increase is likely to be in the field of a few millions.

We have no concern with what hurdles are u facing...my point was when india would induct FGFA's...so as it's mentioned in source...it doesn't seems possible before 2022...:cuckoo:

easy money for Russia they must be laughing all the way to the bank

I have a doubt ! Why the Hell IAF dont want to buy PAK FA ? As it is? I really dont know.Can ne shed some light abt it ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom