What's new

50 Must-Try Street Foods of India

I have eaten pretty much everything except this one. I don't even know what this is.

9d1c6573d9ea21ac3995121cc7ed3a65-jpg.50831

Khandvi

Who would imagine that a cooked paste of gram flour and buttermilk could be shaped into these delicate rolls that just melt in the mouth! The khandvi can be a farsan on a Gujarati thali, a prelude to the meal, or can be eaten by itself as a satisfying, nourishing snack. These little golden rolls, which take quite a lot of skill to make, are light and scrumptious and have little or no oil, making them a guilt-free delight.

No you can't otherwise Mr.Levina wouldn't be slaving away in the Kitchen right now while you sit on a comfortable sofa posting away ! :p:
He comes to the kitchen only when I am cooking non vegetarian food. :lol:

The colorful, tasty look is what got me, are these from different regions or can be found anywhere ?

In the big cities you would find most of these everywhere, but quality and popularity vary by region. For example, "vada pav" is a very popular Mumbai street food, you might find that in Delhi too but it is not nearly as popular or good there. A few items like Samosa are popular all over. So region wise there is definitely a difference in the type of street food.

I've never had curry I would love to try Indian curry.

Indian Curry is not one food, there are hundreds of veg & non-veg curries in wide varieties of tastes, everything can be curry but the taste will differ. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom