What's new

50 JF-17 from china delivery started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I dont understand.

A week after the bin laden raid, gilani flew to china and china is giving pakistan 50 jf-17s.

So what are they suppose to do?

They are supposed to replace PAF's aging fleet...

There is emergency declaration between armed forces branches ...

PDF has officially been taken over by brain deads.

China is shipping these aircrafts, because PAF needs them ASAP to replace the mirage and F-7 fleet.
growing numbers of crashes is making PAF look bad in pubic.
Most of our people have no idea how old these planes are, and they obviously wouldn't because our media always mention them as "JADEED TAREEN"!!

And these aircrafts will most likely be block 2 as china was testing weapons (SD-10, laser guided bombs, etc) very frequently at the beginning of this year.

PDF has officially been taken over by brain deads.

China is shipping these aircrafts, because PAF needs them ASAP to replace the mirage and F-7 fleet.
growing numbers of crashes is making PAF look bad in pubic.
Most of our people have no idea how old these planes are, and they obviously wouldn't because our media always mention them as "JADEED TAREEN"!!

And these aircrafts will most likely be block 2 as china was testing weapons (SD-10, laser guided bombs, etc) very frequently at the beginning of this year.

I still have questions.

Was it only after the Bin Laden Raid that PAF figure out that they need to replace their aging F-7 Fleet?

Or was that visit to China planned before the Bin Laden Raid?

And even if our F-7 are aging, why are we asking for a plane from China that we ourselves are making?

Why didn't China give us the J-10 or why didn't we ask for the J-10?

Isn't it cheaper just to ship them!
It's not like we need them overnight!

this is a high value equipment.
you can't exactly just put these in a container and ship them to Atlantis.

There is a reason why PAF has a transport wing!

well we know that china was suppose to deliver 50 JFT on urgent delivery after the OBL raid

and PAC will also keep running its manufacturing facilities

50 from china
and 50 by PAC

so the goal of 150jft by 2015dec is to be completed

I still have questions.

Was it only after the Bin Laden Raid that PAF figure out that they need to replace their aging F-7 Fleet?

And even if our F-7 are aging, why are we asking for a plane from China that we ourselves are making?

brother our capacity still stand at 12-15 JFT per year.
our goal was 150 jft by 2015 end..

beside this china is financing these 50 JFT..

PAC will also be busy in making 50 more JFT over the 3 years.

Imran,

The fuselages are already delivered from China. If any delivery is from China it is likely to fly.
Let's not start propaganda based on just pictures and no official fact.

The 50 JF-17 from China was just on media with no confirmation or word by PAF.

well we know that china was suppose to deliver 50 JFT on urgent delivery after the OBL raid

and PAC will also keep running its manufacturing facilities

50 from china
and 50 by PAC

so the goal of 150jft by 2015dec is to be completed

brother our capacity still stand at 12-15 JFT per year.
our goal was 150 jft by 2015 end..

beside this china is financing these 50 JFT..

PAC will also be busy in making 50 more JFT over the 3 years.

PAC has made about 41 in 2 years. It can do everything itself. And, another JF-17 assembly line would soon be set up with addition of three more JF-17 lines till 2016 (I guess).

Isn't it cheaper just to ship them!
It's not like we need them overnight!
I think it's riskier to ship them, we be crossing many anti china countries and india. Plus this isnt PIA, they just have to pay for fuel

What about the engines?

Is it still those Russian Engines or now the Chinese Engines?

I am desperately waiting for Block-2. :(

What about the engines?

Is it still those Russian Engines or now the Chinese Engines?

Its Russian engine for the first 150 aircrafts.

I still have questions.

The announcement of providing Pakistan these jets on an "emergency" basis was a just a move by China to show US that they are backing Pakistan.
PAF needs 150 aircraft by 2014 ( the reason is crystal clear, 6-8 aircraft crashed this year alone), and at current pace (PAC producing about 20 jets/year) it seemed impossible.
China was going to provide us these aircraft no matter what, even if the bin laden raid did not take place. There is a reason why program is called "Joint".

And J-10 issue is much more complicated than just asking. China gave us a time slot that during this time aircraft will be delivered. that time slot is supposedly 2015 as per an analyst.
Another issue with J-10 is its cost. we can make 2 thunder for the price on one J-10, but J-10 has itss own pros.
This J-10 deal will be finance througj "long-term soft loans".
The bottom line is we don't have the money to get more than 36 J-10.

The bottom line is we don't have the money to get more than 36 J-10.
where'd you get that figure?
I thinka cool idea would be sell all taliban controlled areas of pakistan to china in exchange for j10s
i mean it's not like theyre paying taxes for the airforce, might as well lose the non productive side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom