What's new

50,000 pilgrims gather in Pakistan despite coronavirus concerns

Shoot some ak47s in the air and disperse

This is certainly a major major problem, mishandled by the government. However, it is not the only source and presently, all mass gatherings need to be stopped
What could government do?
Stop Shia pilgrims from going to Iran and get branded anti Shia and sectarian oppression and all sorts?

Camp(s) near Iranian border had inadequate screening measures. Very unfortunate.
Above that the people coming from Iran were also non cooperative

Whaaat? :what: Unbelievable

How such a sudden surge is possible. Possible only if it virus has reached the general population rather than travelers.
All of the pilgrims coming in from Iran and KSA are testing positive. Some are their relatives. Some idiots escaped during screening, but were caught and all they managed was infect their families.

Last edited:
The shia and liberal have problem with religious gathering but they are fine with shia terrorists recently returndefrom Syria pilgrims from Iran (some of them carrying coronavirus) being allowed into Pakistan despite Taftan border closure.
Pakistan was able to successfully block the outbreak from China but the shia ministers in Govt. shameful intervention has put lives at risk in Pakistan with thousands being allowed into the country.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...s-ill-equipped-to-counter-covid-19-1.70424067

Pakistan hospitals ill-equipped to counter Covid-19
Suspected patients arriving for screening and diagnosis being turned away

Published: March 16, 2020 16:44 Zubair Qureshi, Correspondent
WPK-200316-PAK-1-1584362675276_170e35fdc4d_medium.jpg

People pray outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral as it was closed after Pakistan shut all its schools and discouraged large gatherings amid coronavirus fears in Lahore, March 15. Image Credit: REUTERS
Islamabad: Rising Covid-19 infections have exposed Pakistan’s ill-equipped health care system.

The country reported 41 new cases on Monday bringing the total to 94. This is the biggest single-day increase in the country. Sindh province is the worst-affected with 76 cases, including 25 cases in Karachi alone.

A day earlier, Punjab reported its first case. Cases have also emerged in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit Baltistan and Balochistan.

Poorly-equipped government hospitals lack the capacity to screen the large number of suspected cases. Another challenge is quarantining and isolating those detected positive.

lg.php

lg.php

lg.php

Hospitals lack basic equipment like masks, sanitisers and ventilators.

Worse, some doctors are reluctant to go near patients. In Balochistan, disciplinary action was initiated against 13 doctors for staying away from a quarantine centre in Mastung city. On their part, doctors complain of a lack of proper standard operating procedures (SOP).

The situation in Mastung is no different from urban areas. Even at Islamabad’s Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), two doctors were isolated for adopting a procedure in violation of SOPs.

Dr Waseem Khawaja, spokesperson for PIMS, told Gulf News that the state-of -the-art facility had limited resources with regard to provision of personal protection equipment for its medical staff of 800.

The hospital lacks ventilators and patients have to line up and get a token to be alloted one.

“We have allocated 10 beds [half are already occupied] in case the number rises,” Khawaja said. He insisted that the situation is under control and more beds and ventilators will be provided if the situation calls for it.

A US-returned woman who was recently admitted to PIMS’ isolation unit and put on ventilator remains in critical condition, Dr Khawaja said.

You're right. Pakistanis are simply too jahil to understand that science isn't sectarian.

Pakistani government should ask the Iranian and Iraqi governments to issue statements to all pilgrims to stay away from entering Iran and Iraq.

many Jahil people don’t respect Pakistani health officials. This is time for PM Khan To show a stern face and ask the nation to sacrifice for the nation. Report any people that have snuck into the country, or else the ruin in their areas are on their own heads.

equally the Pakistani President needs to ask China to give a large number of rapid tests, so cases can be detected and quarantined ASAP. He is in China now, and this is the most important thing that China can help with now, in the name of our FRIENDSHIP. If President Alvi can not come away with help to deal with the virus, this will be a failed trip.

Also, all our citizens in China that wish to come home, should be tested and if found to be free of the illness flown to Pakistan. They have the tests in China, and people can apparently (from some sources) be reinfected if the virus mutates. Send C-130s before the second wave emerges.

Last edited:
Fortunately for us we have a tight border except for a few countries which are not that much affected.
Nobody is safe. You need one person to infect thousands. Like in South Korea, just one person who skipped quarantine caused thousands of Cases throughout the country.

What childish approach you have man. Not everything is for IK to check. Get a freaking life. Tableeghi jamaat is composed of jaahil ganwaar stupid people. the stinking morons. What do you expect.

Why isn't there a "pabandi" on these gatherings and why isn't law enforcement actively tackling this before it happens?
Who is supposed to implement this pabandi and have a strict policy? The shopkeeper on the street or the PM who is responsible for the state?

Imran Khan can’t knock sense into deeth people which are found in abundance in our country. Just check Karachi beach pics, mass gathering going on in full swing.

Today I got into an argument with a molvi type because having known him for years I explained why I wouldnt shake his hands politely. But he snapped back saying its against islam not to shake hands and beside when muslims shake hands it kills germs. I tried to explain to him that even leading scholars in pakistan are warning against this and he got even more upset. I thought....1 bullet should be the solution for this type of molvi

Today I got into an argument with a molvi type because having known him for years I explained why I wouldnt shake his hands politely. But he snapped back saying its against islam not to shake hands and beside when muslims shake hands it kills germs. I tried to explain to him that even leading scholars in pakistan are warning against this and he got even more upset. I thought....1 bullet should be the solution for this type of molvi

Rofl one extreme towards another, so you want to fire a bullet on a moulvi for refusing one the handshake issue. While 6000 Iranian pilgrims in which some carrying coronavirus have entered the country with the blessings of this govt. If they were 6000 moulvis what would you have done.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom