What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

USA created the mess that is now ISIS, so they do owe the region a little. And they're doing it for their own geopolitical interests, not because the Muslim countries can not. And by the way, the US is only giving some minor air and intel support.

Everything else from bombing runs to ground operations are being conducted by Muslim countries like UAE or Turkey and militias backed by Muslim countries, like the Iranian militants and Hezbollah that are doing all the real fighting.
The US is just 'leading', as usual, and doing none of the actual work and taking all the credit.

that is another problem .............why put blame on others ??? first rule of curing a disease is making a proper diagnosis ........problem always lies within us ........and it should be us who cures it ........................how is USA is responsible for ISIS selling women into slavery???

why put blame on others
I never blamed others for things that they did not do. Muslims are doing the wrong things all over the world, that is true. No doubts in me about it.
the US is responsible for ISIS because of all the funding, weapons and training they pumped into toppling the Syrian government, they spared no expense, they didn't care anything about who they actually were funding as long as they were fighting Assad and his forces.
The US is not responsible for ISIS selling women into slavery, I never said that so do not bring this nonsense here. The US is responsible because of how much it destabilized the region by invading Iraq on mere suspicion. The US is responsible for eliminating the actual government that controlled that area and turning it into a breeding ground for terrorism. The US is responsible for all the double-games it played, all the lies and all the deceit it fed the world, invading a country that was hundreds of times smaller and poorer than itself and then claiming moral superiority.

In all other cases, Muslims are responsible. Nigerian Muslims are responsible for Boko Haram. Pakistani Muslims are responsible for the likes of LeT. But in this case, you can not, absolutely CAN NOT blame the Iraqis or Syrians for ISIS.

Here, proof, lots and lots of proof:
US secretly backs rebels to fight al-Qaeda in Syria - Telegraph
‘Moderate’ Syrian rebels defecting to ISIS, blaming lack of U.S. support and weapons | National Post
Fears that US weapons will fall into al-Qaeda's hands as Syrian rebels defect - Telegraph
US Aid to Syrian Rebels
CIA begins weapons delivery to Syrian rebels - The Washington Post
US admits sending ‘lethal aid’ to Syrian rebels — RT News
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Report concludes no WMD in Iraq
Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war | World news | The Guardian
Legitimacy of the 2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of all I wanna say that I am a Sikh who hails from family of a general of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.......insurgency in punjab started agressivly after 84 riots and bluestar.....which was under standable ........and it was Sikh scholars who stopped people from pursuing violent means ......they finally succeeded in making people understand .which ended insurgency
Yet people dont acknowledge what 100+ scholars of Islam did when they wrote that letter :tsk:

as I said If a muslim country has a problem ....Muslim countries shall come forward and work proactively .......why give a chance to some one else to jump in???
That would have been the case if the Muslim country say Iraq wasnt already full of volunteers for WOT from all over the world to ignited the problem (hatred, revenge or pure stupid power hungry wacko) !

and Muslim leaders should do their best to stop attacks on non-muslims ............tolerance should be taught ..
It is ...Those who listen are not in ISIS those who dont listen even to their parents are...Mind you some are new converts....who never listened to anyone in their lives (some straight out of pubs type of life) ...suddenly drop everything and fly off to Iraq as though someone gave them a free trip to Hawaii!

As for Muslim leaders...they need to kill their stupid pride and stop misleading people (THAT MUCH EVEN I AGREE)

daily some things pops up like Muslim militants killed so many ..........ISIS sold non- muslims women into slavary .............thats not at all helping Image of Islam .
Why does this pop up to annoy the already peacefully practicing Muslims and not the letter to continuously make those who join ISIS to think?

no matter what wrongs are done towards a community ............it is judged at high moral grounds if it forgives and accepts the wrong doer .
I dont want community to forgive pimps like ISIS...the earth has enough scums these should not be spared for whatever the reasons!

Media played no part in negative image of Islam
Back then bad mouthing, back biting vazirs were enough to play the role of media...and not to forget the sold out Mullahs!

When Mughuls had concubines (which is not in Islam) then how can anything they did be equated to Islam or be a negative image of Islam and not individual rulers?

you claim to be more evolved than others, and yet you only offer your concoctions which will create dissension among people, it seem as an overconfident dude,

In order to fulfill your concoctions which sound like prehistorical lawlessness open for powerful and weak to be pushed back and even annihilated.

Let me refer you to the most murderous cities in this world. go and research for them, it will show facts about those who claim to be evolved.

I did not claim to be more evolved. However I do consider people who need fear of hellfire as a reason to follow religions as less evolved. There is a difference between both. Remember I am not targeting Muslims here. I am sure there are many Muslims who follows the religion for the love of it. I have nothing against them. However if you try to sell your religion using fear of afterlife as a tool, that will only work with people who are mentally still not in this century.

If they are different, then Muslim are not responsible for Islam? Denial at its finest.
Good lord, you are going in circles over and over again.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION.
MUSLIMS ARE PEOPLE.

MUSLIMS SOMETIMES DO THINGS WHICH ARE NOT ISLAM
ISLAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSLIMS' POLITICS AND WARS.

How hard is that to understand?

If you want longer arguments without the caps lock and extra-simple language, read the ones i made previously on this thread. I answered each and every one of your illogical and false arguments, and now here you are, saying the same BS over and over again.

If they are different, then Muslims are not responsible for Islam? Denial at its finest.
sigh...
a thing with distinct and independent existence.

Muslims can exit as human beings without Islam and Islam can for sure still exist as ALLAH's religion as everything bows to HIM....not just humans....

Each are separate and independent...

Its like America can exist without you....though not sure about you without America...

Ok lets try another...Science can exist without human and human can exist like bimbo human without scientific knowledge (many human do)

Yet when you merge human and science then you get a scientist!

You should read first before jumping in all defensive. You don't find Christians and Jews going around chopping off an arm of a thief or stoning or lashing an adulterer in modern times now do you ? Fair enough, the Quran does advocate a strong message of righteousness. Nobody has an issue with that. Shouldn't Muslims of the 21st century however adapt the messages of the Quran to the 21st century or will Islam splinter further into different groups like Christianity did? That is my question
So let me jog you memory that skip the biggest killings.

The tables below summarize reports on Iraqi casualty figures.

Scientific surveys:

Source Estimated violent deaths Time period
Iraq Family Health Survey
151,000 violent deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Lancet survey 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Opinion Research Business survey 1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict March 2003 to August 2007
PLOS Medicine Survey[2] Approximately 500,000 deaths in Iraq as direct or indirect result of the war. March 2003 to June, 2011
Body counts:

Source Documented deaths from violence Time period
Associated Press
110,600 violent deaths March 2003 to April 2009
Iraq Body Count project 112,667–123,284 civilian deaths from violence. 174,000 civilian and combatant deaths[3][4][5][6] March 2003 to March 2013
Classified Iraq War Logs[3][7][8][9] 109,032 deaths including 66,081 civilian deaths.[10][11] January 2004 to December 2009
Overview. Iraqi death estimates by source[edit]
Summary of casualties of the Iraq War. Possible estimates on the number of people killed in the invasion and occupation of Iraq vary widely,[12] and are highly disputed.[13] Estimates of casualties below include both the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the following Post-invasion Iraq, 2003–present.

Iraq war logs[edit]
Classified US military documents released by WikiLeaks in October 2010, record Iraqi and Coalition military deaths between January 2004 and December 2009.[3][7][8][9][14][14][15] The documents record 109,032 deaths broken down into "Civilian" (66,081 deaths), "Host Nation" (15,196 deaths),"Enemy" (23,984 deaths), and "Friendly" (3,771 deaths).[11][16]

Iraqi Health Ministry[edit]
The Health Ministry of the Iraqi government recorded 87,215 Iraqi violent deaths between January 1, 2005, and February 28, 2009. The data was in the form of a list of yearly totals for death certificates issued for violent deaths by hospitals and morgues. The official who provided the data told the Associated Press said the ministry does not have figures for the first two years of the war, and estimated the actual number of deaths at 10 to 20 percent higher because of thousands who are still missing and civilians who were buried in the chaos of war without official records.[17]

The Associated Press[edit]
Associated Press stated that more than 110,600 Iraqis had been killed since the start of the war to April 2009. This number is per the Health Ministry tally of 87,215 covering January 1, 2005, to February 28, 2009 combined with counts of casualties for 2003–2004, and after February 29, 2009, from hospital sources and media reports.[17] For more info see farther down at The Associated Press and Health Ministry. More information.

Iraq Body Count[edit]
The Iraq Body Count project (IBC) figure of 110,937 – 121,227 civilian deaths from violence up to December 2012 includes reported civilian deaths due to Coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and increased criminal violence.[18] The IBC site states: "it should be noted that many deaths will probably go unreported or unrecorded by officials and media."[19] The IBC website currently states that, "Further analysis of the WikiLeaks' Iraq War Logs may add 12,000 civilian deaths."

Iraq Family Health Survey (with WHO)[edit]
Iraq Family Health Survey for the World Health Organization.[20][21] On January 9, 2008, the World Health Organization reported the results of the "Iraq Family Health Survey" published in The New England Journal of Medicine.[22] The study surveyed 9,345 households across Iraq and estimated151,000 deaths due to violence (95% uncertainty range, 104,000 to 223,000) from March 2003 through June 2006. Employees of the Iraqi Health Ministry carried out the survey.[23][24][25] See also farther down: Iraq Family Health Survey.

Opinion Research Business (ORB) poll[edit]
Opinion Research Business (ORB) poll conducted August 12–19, 2007, estimated 1,033,000 violent deaths due to the Iraq War. The range given was 946,000 to 1,120,000 deaths. A nationally representative sample of approximately 2,000 Iraqi adults answered whether any members of their household (living under their roof) were killed due to the Iraq War. 22% of the respondents had lost one or more household members. ORB reported that "48% died from a gunshot wound, 20% from the impact of a car bomb, 9% from aerial bombardment, 6% as a result of an accident and 6% from another blast/ordnance."[26][27][28][29][30]
This is what you and likes of you try to hide by spinning things, the families of the people killed for no reason are gone crazy and are acting not for any Religion but revenge for their families killed.

Same is true for ISIS as it is joined by people who have lost everything including their kins and homes in Gaza, so they are gone mad, and do not tell me that Gaza were rocketing , let me again stop your spins, they were rocketing to free themselves from encirclement illegally carried out for years, stopping every thing like water, power, food, medical supplies, but than you will not agree with this as you are not interested in truth just interested to make Israeli happy with your subservient ways and to spin it to
I did not claim to be more evolved. However I do consider people who need fear of hellfire as a reason to follow religions as less evolved. There is a difference between both. Remember I am not targeting Muslims here. I am sure there are many Muslims who follows the religion for the love of it. I have nothing against them. However if you try to sell your religion using fear of afterlife as a tool, that will only work with people who are mentally still not in this century.

Last edited:
Good lord, you are going in circles over and over again.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION.
MUSLIMS ARE PEOPLE.

MUSLIMS SOMETIMES DO THINGS WHICH ARE NOT ISLAM
ISLAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSLIMS' POLITICS AND WARS.

How hard is that to understand?

If you want longer arguments without the caps lock and extra-simple language, read the ones i made previously on this thread. I answered each and every one of your illogical and false arguments, and now here you are, saying the same BS over and over again.

To claim that Islam has nothing to do with Muslim's politics and wars is a clear LIE.

Multinational force in Iraq.
As of 24 February 2009, there were 318 deaths from the armed forces of other Coalition nations. 179 UK deaths and 139 deaths from other nations. Breakdown:[51][52][56]

• Australia — 2
  • Azerbaijan — 1
  • Bulgaria — 13
  • Czech Republic — 1
  • Denmark — 7
  • El Salvador — 5
  • Estonia — 2
  • Fiji — 1
  • Georgia — 5
  • Hungary — 1
  • Italy — 33
  • Kazakhstan — 1
  • Latvia — 3
  • Netherlands — 2
  • Poland — 30
  • Portugal — 1
  • Romania — 4
  • Slovakia — 4
  • South Korea — 1
  • Spain — 11
  • Thailand — 2
  • Ukraine — 18
point is that after so much killings/deaths we are back to square one.

Last edited:
Multinational force in Iraq.
As of 24 February 2009, there were 318 deaths from the armed forces of other Coalition nations. 179 UK deaths and 139 deaths from other nations. Breakdown:[51][52][56]

• Australia — 2
  • Azerbaijan — 1
  • Bulgaria — 13
  • Czech Republic — 1
  • Denmark — 7
  • El Salvador — 5
  • Estonia — 2
  • Fiji — 1
  • Georgia — 5
  • Hungary — 1
  • Italy — 33
  • Kazakhstan — 1
  • Latvia — 3
  • Netherlands — 2
  • Poland — 30
  • Portugal — 1
  • Romania — 4
  • Slovakia — 4
  • South Korea — 1
  • Spain — 11
  • Thailand — 2
  • Ukraine — 18

What are you trying to prove and how is that related to my post? :confused:

To claim that Islam has nothing to do with Muslim's politics and wars is a clear LIE.
When you accuse someone of lying, back your accusation with something. In the real world, no one will just take your word for it (though some on the internet might).

There is no doubt that Islam does get used as a political tool very often. However, it is not the cause of those politics, those kinds of things have been happening for millenniums before Islam existed. To blame Islam for civil wars, murders and political problems is a clear LIE.

When you accuse someone of lying, back your accusation with something. In the real world, no one will just take your word for it (though some on the internet might).

There is no doubt that Islam does get used as a political tool very often. However, it is not the cause of those politics, those kinds of things have been happening for millenniums before Islam existed. To blame Islam for civil wars, murders and political problems is a clear LIE.

Quite the somersault there, Sir. Just as there is no Islam without Muslims, how Muslims use Islam as a political tool is clear to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom