What's new

5,000-year Harappan stepwell found in Kutch, bigger than Mohenjo Daro's

The natives of America are called Red Indians. Does that mean USA belong to us Indians?
I totaly agreed to your post but that also didn't means that Indus Valley civilization is an indian civilization solely because of both names starts with ind.

Why compare the 2? Mohenjodaro, Harrappa, Dholavira are all part of the Indic civilization - right upto Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Pakistan is part of that civilization. It wouldn't seem so from the names they give their missiles and they can deny it all they want.

I totaly agreed to your post but that also didn't means that Indus Valley civilization is an indian civilization solely because of both names starts with ind.

Actually it is more than just the three letters. The name India is derived from the name Indus which in turn was derived from the Sanskrit word Sindhu.

IVC has nothing to do with modern day Pakistanis. Harappa and Mohenjo Daro were found in ruins. Meaning either the people who lived their became extinct or migrated elsewhere. Looking at the script used there, it is easy to see whom it is related to. Pakistan may claim IVC when they find traces of Urdu or Arabi in IVC

BTW Isn't claiming IVC as a Pakistani civilization a rejection of the two nation theory? I would assume a staunch believer in 2 nation theory would see the IVC as the remains of a culture that they had nothing in common with but some of whose ancient sites just happened to be in parts of Pakistan.

I am not saying that Pakistanis are not descendants of IVC. I am just refuting the claim that only the Pakistanis are the descendants of IVC.
Also if one also considers who inherited the legacy of IVC, Indians would be a more suitable answer than Pakistanis even though most of the early sites are in Pakistan.

Indus Valley civilization has nothing to do with india, Majority of Pakistanis are descendants of Indus Valley civilization, but you can't say that all Indians were descendants of IVC, Indians have their different ancestors.

IVC has nothing to do with modern day Pakistanis. Harappa and Mohenjo Daro were found in ruins. Meaning either the people who lived their became extinct or migrated elsewhere. Looking at the script used there, it is easy to see whom it is related to. Pakistan may claim IVC when they find traces of Urdu or Arabi in IVC

They migrated Eastward towards Ganges, lot many archaeologists agrees with Eastward migration after climate change and drying of Ghaggar-Hakra forced them to migrate.

BTW Isn't claiming IVC as a Pakistani civilization a rejection of the two nation theory? I would assume a staunch believer in 2 nation theory would see the IVC as the remains of a culture that they had nothing in common with but some of whose ancient sites just happened to be in parts of Pakistan.

People confuse ticketing rights with automatic right to cultural inheritance. Pakistanis who wish to claim inheritance are welcome to do so but they have no locus standi to deny it to others.

Indus Valley civilization has nothing to do with india, Majority of Pakistanis are descendants of Indus Valley civilization, but you can't say that all Indians were descendants of IVC, Indians have their different ancestors.
Wait wait whatttttttt..
Pardon my reaction but that is completely absurd? Who do you think Indians descended from? The chinese? Or africans taking boats to India?
Just study the pattern of the movement of the IVC over centuries and you will see that they moved more towards south and east (that is towards and within India) as the time passed by. Just once, check it out.

You do understand that Indus Valley sites are scattered and extend from Balochistan to Haryana right? And during those thousands of years, there have been migrations?

When Indus sites were abandoned and population moved east, how they it became ancestors of Pakistan, your ancestors came from other side of Khyber Pass and others with Mahmud Ghaznavi, Ghauri, Muhammad Bin Qasim etc. ;)

They migrated Eastward towards Ganges, lot many archaeologists agrees with Eastward migration after climate change and drying of Ghaggar-Hakra forced them to migrate.
I wonder, why they couldn't make the same type of planned cities in the Ganges plain. Would have solved majority of todays Swacch Bharat mission.:whistle:

I wonder, why they couldn't make the same type of planned cities in the Ganges plain. Would have solved majority of todays Swacch Bharat mission.:whistle:

You forget they did made huge cities in Gangetic plains also, have you heard of Greek description of Patliputra. Indus valley civilization started to expand eastward into Gangetic plains during 1900-1300BC and while many Indus Valley sites survived as late 1000BC but urbanization in Gangetic plains started so late. It was like suddenly at 1500BC, Indus valley civilization ceased to exists. It wasn't like Indus valley suddenly cease to exist in 1500BC and some hypothetical race called Aryans landed in India in 1500BC. :sarcastic: Many historians believe when Rigvedic Saraswati dried in 1900BC due an earthquake and led to exodus in the east and many abandoned their urban life to hardship that came with migration, the people kept the legend of Saraswati alive with the mythology that Saraswati went underground and joined the Sangam at Prayag.

You forget they did made huge cities in Gangetic plains also, have you heard of Greek description of Patliputra. Indus valley civilization started to expand eastward into Gangetic plains during 1900-1300BC and while many Indus Valley sites survived as late 1000BC but urbanization in Gangetic plains started so late. It was like suddenly at 1500BC, Indus valley civilization ceased to exists. It wasn't like Indus valley suddenly cease to exist in 1500BC and some hypothetical race called Aryans landed in India in 1500BC. :sarcastic: Many historians believe when Rigvedic Saraswati dried in 1900BC due an earthquake and led to exodus in the east and many abandoned their urban life to hardship that came with migration, the people kept the legend of Saraswati alive with the mythology that Saraswati went underground and joined the Sangam at Prayag.
Mewants the Greek description of Patliputra.

Back
Top Bottom