What's new

4th & 5th ODI: West Indies v Pakistan at Gros Islet, Jul 21, 2013

Poor shot by Umar Akmal and he is gone

Now Pakistan is still ahead as per Duckworth lewis method... rain is falling... 45 minutes more to go in the match and 15 balls...

Poor shot by Umar Akmal and he is gone

Now Pakistan is still ahead as per Duckworth lewis method... rain is falling... 45 minutes more to go in the match and 15 balls...

45 more minutes to go or 45 minutes can be added? I thought that the commentator said the latter.

Mujhay lagta hai match phir shuru hoga.

Agreed that poor shot by Umar Akmal. He had already hit a 4 and 6, why go for another shot? Remember that Akmal and Best had a little heated argument before as well (right after the WI DRS appeal on Misbah), maybe Akmal got heated up for revenge!

Anyways, let's hope Misbah and Afridi see us across the line.

45 more minutes to go or 45 minutes can be added? I thought that the commentator said the latter.

Mujhay lagta hai match phir shuru hoga.

Agreed that poor shot by Umar Akmal. He had already hit a 4 and 6, why go for another shot? Remember that Akmal and Best had a little heated argument before as well (right after the WI DRS appeal on Misbah), maybe Akmal got heated up for revenge!

Anyways, let's hope Misbah and Afridi see us across the line.

45 minutes of extra time can be added if needed.

About to get started.

Chal lalay, aaj out nhn hona. Sirf 17 run hain bhai.

WTF, Misbah gets out on a full toss.

Yar aik run chahiay, yeh to bana lo.

Yar Saeed Ajmal aik run banana hai, chakka nhn marna.

YEAH BABAY!!!

Chalo yaro, ab sehri time!

Kudos to Misbah, man of the series. Excellent performance. Take that Misbah haters.

Pakistan won the series with 3-1. It could have been 4-1 but still good result in home of WI

Congrats and hope this winning momentum continue in future as well

Mubarakan Mubarakan- Afridi cha gaya-

Khair mubarkan but Misbah sha gaya as he is Man of the Match and the Man of the Series but good support of afridi with his 6 and 4 in second last over :D I heard lala was having fasting on match day as well

Misbah: 'It is very satisfying to win the tournament after our poor show in South Africa and in the Champions Trophy. We needed this. The wicket was a good batting surface and it was always going to play well in the second innings. The guys did well as a unit. It is always tough to bowl first in pressure games like this. We took it in a positive way and the bowlers did really well. Everybody did their part. Shehzad's knock was vital today and he played very well.'

Dwayne Bravo: 'I think today was a good day for us but we lost the game. We've got to give credit to them. Congratulations for Pakistan. My boys did well as well. It was hard fought series. The series could have gone either way. A few decisions went against us. The way Misbah batted was quite outstanding. But it is satisfying to go down fighting. Marlon Samuels ends the series on a high and that is a big plus for us. It is a very good batting wicket. The guys held their nerve but unfortunately we couldn't pull this off. If we bowl well we should be able to defend 242 on this surface. It is a new role for me as a young leader. I get a lot of assistance from the likes of Gayle, Sammy and Samuels, they make my job a lot easier. We can't turn things around overnight. We need time and we have the talent.'

Back
Top Bottom