What's new

41% of Indians think India will lead world economy

No problem in thinking high. When u sleep all day because you have manrega narega or food security. You are bound to dram happy. But dreams without hard work are as worthwhile as stinky farts.

Mythology? Mythological map? Are you intellectually sound? If Chakravartin and King Bharata did exist, so did Zeus and his thunderbolt, Medusa and her head of snakes. And our Jade Emperor, he ruled all mortals. On that basis, the world belongs to China. How does that sound? If you want an intellectual discussion, make your argument based on real history, don't give me this mythology crap.

Historical facts are facts: Maurya was 2000 years ago and it lasted only 130 years, that's not even 5% of your historical period. The rest of your history, you were a myriad of different kingdoms.

If you are one sovereign political entity, you can only have one empire, one emperor who ruled the land. What is the indian empire that ruled all india from 185 BC right to 1850 before the British came?? None!!!!

Since you don't have a single empire, on what basis can you argue the princely states are "rightfully yours"?????? Tibet belongs to Chinese empire during the dynasty of Qing, a single political entity. Your princely states never belong to any single sovereign empire. Don't make a mockery of this discussion with such absurd comparison.

There is no need to go into detail about Partition. The fact that muslims empire ruled for centuries, along side Hindu kingdoms is another proof that you were never one empire or one country.

Ancient Indian economy.
1) You come across as someone who is well read in the subject of economics, as evidenced by your various post, shouldn't you also know economics can hardly be considered as science without any empirical data? So why are you quoting Angus Maddison?????
His works on ancient world economy is guesstimate at best. At worst, academic trash. None of research on ancient world economy is based on empirical data. Sure, one would argue you can't pull data from 1000 AD. There you go. How could one meaningful compute ancient GDP when one cannot defined a proper border, the empire represented, and economics indicators like capital investment, labour, consumption?

Angus Maddison: Contours of the World Economy 1-2030 AD. Essays in Macro-Economic History. Oxford 2007. - H-Soz-u-Kult / Rezensionen / Bücher

There is a reason why there exists no ancient economics department from any top university. Neither was there any attempt to compute ancient GDP by any of these elite institutions.

2) You quoted many sources but are you saying anything of substance? None of the sources you posted made credible claim that India would industrialize if British didn't colonize. They merely talked about how an economy works in British colony. British India is no different from Malaysia and Singapore in the way British operated. Yet India fell behind these two countries in development post independent.

Find me better excuses. No mythology, no fake map, no irrelevant examples, no unproven/flawed research work.

Many of those mythological names are confirmed by Buddhist and Jain sources of that time and many of these names of territories like Kerala, Gomantak(Goa), Kashmir, Magadha, Mithila, Kanyakumari, Kamrupa etc. are still being used after thousands of years. One can't mention the entire geography in a mythology without knowing entire geography.

Says the Chinese, is it not funny!India was always called Aryavarta, after Bharata came it was called Bharat, and its inhabitants Bharati, Who gave the name 'Cheen' or 'China' nowadays it could have been Han for all i know, Hanguo right?but people of world call you China not Hanguo.
So you are known by what we described you in ancient times.So much for Chinese boys history, i wonder if they know when Mainlanders enter game rooms of Hongkong and Taiwanese, they are called chinese dog in chinese and they are kicked out of the game.

Learn history before opening your mouth. China is a Portuguese word. In Sanskrit, it's Cina. Why Ci and Chi? The word is derived from first Chinese dynasty, Qin, hence the similar pronunciation. Whether it is China or Zhongguo, it is irrelevant to the fact that ancient india was never a country. There exists no empire by the name of Bharat. Don't give me Hindu mythology crap, take that to your Bollywood forum.

Learn history before opening your mouth. China is a Portuguese word. In Sanskrit, it's Cina. Why Ci and Chi? The word is derived from first Chinese dynasty, Qin, hence the similar pronunciation. Whether it is China or Zhongguo, it is irrelevant to the fact that ancient india was never a country. There exists no empire by the name of Bharat. Don't give me Hindu mythology crap, take that to your Bollywood forum.

Their logic goes like the word for Germany come from Roman Germania because the first Germanic tribe the Romans encountered were the Germanen although we Germans called ourself Teutonen from where the word teutsch and deutsch derived from. Our western Romance neighbours all call us according to our westernmost tribe, the Allemanen. Italians call us tedesco (from teutsch). Yet nobody claims to have given us our country name.

Yes, the Manchus were always Chinese. The Mongols were also always Chinese. The Mongol empire was a Chinese empire and the inner wall was not the boundary of the Chin...

One can never underestimate what brainwashing can to to people...

Right agreed and you will teach us about our history, just like you wont agree with what i say about china.
Our written history is Mythology to you, while yours is real? great!
You know what Whole World is called China, there were no empires only chinese empire, no civilizations only chinese civilization,Everything was invented by Chinese,Chinese have high IQ than any country, Chinese are the most tallest,and chinese are this,that, blah blah blah....The Bullcrap of chinese continues along with their CCTV and CCP propaganda.

Their logic goes like the word for Germany come from Roman Germania because the first Germanic tribe the Romans encountered were the Germanen although we Germans called ourself Teutonen from where the word teutsch and deutsch derived from. Our western Romance neighbours all call us according to our westernmost tribe, the Allemanen. Italians call us tedesco (from teutsch). Yet nobody claims to have given us our country name.
I did not claim we called gemania or deutsch,Indians were the first to trade with chinese before anyone else did so we have a specific name for them.I donno why are you so flamed about?

Last edited:
I did not claim we called gemania or deutsch,Indians were the first to trade with chinese before anyone else did so we have a specific name for them.I donno why are you so flamed about?

OMFG, use your brain when you want to debate. Where have I claimed that you said the name Germania was given by Indians? Do you know what analogy is?

You gave as much the name China as the Romans to us the name Germany. Indians called China "Chin" because there was a Qin dynasty as the Romans called us Germania because their first contact with "Germanic" people was the "Germanen" tribe in Southern Germany.

Back
Top Bottom