What's new

41% of Indians think India will lead world economy

So, here's what the final score is looking like in the China vs. India Nominal GDP Competition 2013:

China's GDP is expected to rise by around $1 trillion, while India's GDP is expected to shrink by $84 billion.

Interestingly enough, back in 1981 India's GDP ranked as the 10th largest ($196 billion) in the world while China's GDP ranked 15th ($168 billion) for the same year.

However, by 1982 China overtook India jumping to the 8th position and never looked back ever since.

This is for my Indian friends. Know this and keep it in your head.

* Between 1980-1989, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 12th position.
* Between 1990-1999, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 12th and the 16th position.
* Between 2000-2009, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 11th and the 14th position.
* Between 2010-2013, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 11th position.
You had economic reforms in 1979 and we had 12 years later
So there will be a lag between China and India unless we surpass your growth rate (its common sense dude :hitwall:)

You had economic reforms in 1979 and we had 12 years later
So there will be a lag between China and India unless we surpass your growth rate (its common sense dude :hitwall:)

Oh this argument again. China had wars since 1840, and then disastrous economic policies in 1950s to 1970s. What were Indians living in peace doing? Sleeping? As some Indians have kept reminding me, I thought a democracy always makes right decisions for the country in the long term. Well 1947-1990s is a bit too long term for a democracy to make that right decision.

It seems thare are far more fools in India than in other countries such as Russia and Brazil。

Responses from our Indian friends are testimony to the above statement。:D 
Actually the math is very simple:

(1)assuming zero inflation for the next 30 years
(2)taking India's 2013 GDP as the base,compound it at annual rate of 6% and
(3)you have India in 2043 what China is in 2013

:enjoy:

Last edited:
Verbal Diarrhea from chinese as usual, with little content and more frustration.......:lol:

Chinese corruption is in Billions if not Trillions, right from Boxilai to HSR, every CCP official is corrupted from army recruiters to your top politician sons who run Billions of dollars of business. Too bad you don't even have the opposition party to point fingers at CCP, chinese are being made to obey as usual by CCP just like your emperors did to you in the past.

Moon Mission and Mars mission is a lie ...... :woot:

I suspect some thing is burning here for the sake of fake han domination .... :lol:

Chinese mars mission failed spectacularly. why would USA give its tech help when India is about to capture 300 Billion satellite business market world wide. You assumption defies logic right!!!, as usual chinese logic defies all and some times they don't know what they write here.....:lol:

Rupee collapse !!!!! Now rupee is recovered to normal, I would like the rupee to be devalued.

If the Indian Rupee could rebound, the greatest garbage could rebound.

If our stats are fake, Indian stats are even worse. As bad as it is in China, our corruption looks mild compared to Indian corruption. I don't think India has had a growing economy in the past 10 years. I dont think these guys just fake a few numbers, I think the entire Indian GDP is overstated by 60-75%.

Just look at how they lie about moon missions and mars missions using NASA technology but claim as its Indian accomplishments. If they are willing to lie to that extent, just imagine the amount of lies they spew in their economic numbers.

We are supposed to believe India has grown at 8% for the last 10 years but their currency collapsed. What kind of growing economy has a currency collapse? :lol:

The fact that the Rupee collapsed shows the Indian economy has not been growing over the past 10 years. All these so called Indian 'growth miracle' is delusional daydreaming by a delusional bunch of people that actually worship cows.
Go to school again but this time study harder.

Oh this argument again. China had wars since 1840, and then disastrous economic policies in 1950s to 1970s. What were Indians living in peace doing? Sleeping? As some Indians have kept reminding me, I thought a democracy always makes right decisions for the country in the long term. Well 1947-1990s is a bit too long term for a democracy to make that right decision.

Oh please do you think China is the only example in the modern history to have faced all of the troubles - The colonial period literally led to the freeze of Industrial processing in India - until 1951 not even a single finished good was exported except of the raw materials. The partition was the major setback to us much more what you expect from the disastrous policies of Mao - we had been divided into 3 parts what you see today's Pakistan and Bangladesh was once a part of India - Guess what had been your state if Guangdong and Tibet had been separated as Independent states from China - the same literally happened to India. And if you want to enhance your outlook on a democracy you can surely look at your so called Iron Brother for having such a so called vibrant democracy.....

I found it funny how all these Asian "tigers" cried when US fed announced they will cancel QE.

Why are some zombies from a particular place so obsessed with India!

Every now & then some Chinese creates a thread for themselves which are gleefully joined by the ' little lamb' - both doing this for themselves more than anything else.

If our stats are fake, Indian stats are even worse. As bad as it is in China, our corruption looks mild compared to Indian corruption. I don't think India has had a growing economy in the past 10 years. I dont think these guys just fake a few numbers, I think the entire Indian GDP is overstated by 60-75%.

Just look at how they lie about moon missions and mars missions using NASA technology but claim as its Indian accomplishments. If they are willing to lie to that extent, just imagine the amount of lies they spew in their economic numbers.

We are supposed to believe India has grown at 8% for the last 10 years but their currency collapsed. What kind of growing economy has a currency collapse? :lol:

The fact that the Rupee collapsed shows the Indian economy has not been growing over the past 10 years. All these so called Indian 'growth miracle' is delusional daydreaming by a delusional bunch of people that actually worship cows.

With stats aside, we can see the difference. Take a look at pictures from China in the 90s and compare it today. It is night and day. We used to give money to relatives back home, now when we go back they pay for our plane tickets and treat us to everything. How times have changed.

Oh please do you think China is the only example in the modern history to have faced all of the troubles - The colonial period literally led to the freeze of Industrial processing in India - until 1951 not even a single finished good was exported except of the raw materials. The partition was the major setback to us much more what you expect from the disastrous policies of Mao - we had been divided into 3 parts what you see today's Pakistan and Bangladesh was once a part of India - Guess what had been your state if Guangdong and Tibet had been separated as Independent states from China - the same literally happened to India. And if you want to enhance your outlook on a democracy you can surely look at your so called Iron Brother for having such a so called vibrant democracy.....

You were never one country before the British came, how can you expect to have the entire subcontinent to yourself as one country? Civil war would have erupted if there was no partition. And the partition merely created a separate country, it has no ground for comparison with a country's social-economic policy. To draw a parallel between the partition and Mao's policy is as good as comparing apple with orange. Using the British partition as an excuse for India's slow development is as valid as crediting the British for Singapore's rapid economic growth.

Last edited:
You were never one country before the British came, how can you expect to have the entire subcontinent to yourself as one country? Civil war would have erupted if there was no partition. And the partition merely created a separate country, it has no ground for comparison with a country's social-economic policy. To draw a parallel between the partition and Mao's policy is as good as comparing apple with orange. Using the British partition as an excuse for India's slow development is as valid as crediting the British for Singapore's rapid economic growth.

Very Nicely put it!!!!

Indians are getting silly by the day. Koi sharam karo, kya ho gya hai tum logon ko?

In 1982, India had the 10th largest economy in the world and thirty years later, in 2012 India is still at the 10th place.

Interestingly enough, back in 1981 India's GDP also ranked as the 10th largest ($196 billion) in the world while China's GDP ranked 15th ($168 billion) for the same year.

However, by 1982 China overtook India jumping to the 8th position and since then China has risen to the second position a few years back.

Our Indian neighbours should note the following:

* Between 1980-1989, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 12th position.
* Between 1990-1999, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 12th and the 16th position.
* Between 2000-2009, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 11th and the 14th position.
* Between 2010-2013, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 11th position.

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal)

Back
Top Bottom