What's new

4 Minerva Class corvettes to join Bangladesh Coast Guard

I would be wary of buying Chinese ships, submarines, etc. I would carry out due diligence first. The Chinese are themselves upgrading to the latest technology and would be in a hurry to offload some of the older stuff. But I guess, older Chinese military equipment is still going to be far advanced than what Bangladesh would already be in possession of. I think we need to look to Russia, The EU, the U.S., aside from the Chinese, as potential partners when buying military equipment.

Good to see this ! I didn't know that Bangladesh already fielded Chinese frigates. Well, if you guys really want, you should consider acquiring at least 1 destroyer. The Type 052 Destroyer would be perfect. 2 of these in the Bangladeshi Navy would ensure command and control of the Bay of Bengal.

Type_052_destroyer.jpg

112_Harbin_113_Qingdao_Type_052_Luhu-class_guided_missile_destroyers_people%27s_Liberation_Army_Navy_%28PLAN%29_YJ-83_%28C-803%29_anti-ship_missiles_HQ-7_SAM_%28Type_730%29_7-barrel_30_mm_CIWS_%281%29.jpg
china is our main weapon supplier, we are getting type056 corvette with TOT :D
btw italy also our weapon source, we use Otomat Mk 2 Block IV missile

:lol: I see some of you talk about Andaman Nicobar islands. Is there any historical claim of BD in that. I didnt find anything regarding that. Only most of the people of those islands talk in Bengali. And Indonesia wanted to be ally of Pakistan during 65 or 71 war to take back those islands.
u have kitty ? :woot: :smitten: it seems like the kitty is annoyed while taking pic :lol:

:lol: I see some of you talk about Andaman Nicobar islands. Is there any historical claim of BD in that. I didnt find anything regarding that. Only most of the people of those islands talk in Bengali. And Indonesia wanted to be ally of Pakistan during 65 or 71 war to take back those islands.

1.Look at the map and you will agree with Sukarno who used to say that these islands either belonged to Indonesia or (E)Pakistan. Except the indigenous tribes most people are Muslim.In 1947 they were Urdu or Arabic speaking. The British used to administer this direct from Calcutta under a Commissioner.

2. This belongs to BD and shall be the meeting point between two brothers -BD and Indonesia.

1.Look at the map and you will agree with Sukarno who used to say that these islands either belonged to Indonesia or (E)Pakistan. Except the indigenous tribes most people are Muslim.In 1947 they were Urdu or Arabic speaking. The British used to administer this direct from Calcutta under a Commissioner.

2. This belongs to BD and shall be the meeting point between two brothers -BD and Indonesia.

Yes Muslims are very few in number today.

@asad71 After checking the Map again my opinion is Islands belong Indonesia then Myanmar, Thailand or Malaysia. We should concentrate more on NE and Arakan.

Last edited:
He is my best. Most loyal. Other 2 are very bad :lol:

MM should take interest in Andaman Islands. China, MM and Indonesia should work together to take control of those Islands.

Why..? Myanmar should just in Co Co islands., which are near in Andaman Islands to boost our tourism industry., not in Andaman which is India territory..

I am sure that BD navy sailors are in intense pressure to accommodate so many ships these days. How is the recruitment going on?

I think you have enough idea of Navy.
So can you explain the reason of giving these corvettes to Coast guard?

Thats probably because of the lack of manpower in navy. They already floated too many ships.

Why..? Myanmar should just in Co Co islands., which are near in Andaman Islands to boost our tourism industry., not in Andaman which is India territory..

MM should invade Andaman and repossess what is rightfully yours.

He is my best. Most loyal. Other 2 are very bad :lol:

MM should take interest in Andaman Islands. China, MM and Indonesia should work together to take control of those Islands.
Are you serious? You jus crossed the level of insanity.

Someday I like that way ;)

No, seriously. If BD would able to that they make there claim on whole world. Why just A&N? Even Chinese are making claims on the basis of history, what you have?

On tactical terms, the A&N is highly guarded by AF and Eastern Command,, even SSN, INS Vikrant with Banglore class going to induct inside Eastern Command. On diplomatic terms too, you become aggressor.

How you do amphibious landings inside A&N? How the Indonesia will do that? Threatening your land borders with Indian Army? Where India can declare an exclusion zone on whole Bay of Bengal, and ultimately an Indian amphibious landing on Indonesia.

How you counter that? Our NSA said a very good thing-- "Tactics without Strategy is like a suicide".

Why we do..? We should respect to other territory.. Right..? Why so Aggressive.. man.. :D

When it comes to building empire (mean Burmese mighty empire) there is nothing called other's territory. Now, as you possess the most advanced stealth frigate built by Burmese genius, you should go after Andaman and kick those Indians out to ocean. You are the bravest soul in the east.

Yes Muslims are very few in number today.

@asad71 After checking the Map again my opinion is Islands belong Indonesia then Myanmar, Thailand or Malaysia. We should concentrate more on NE and Arakan.

The island chain is a continuation of Point Sirium, Coco Islands of Burma belonging originally to Arakan. These are extensions of the Arakan Yoma Ranges and were detached by the British and the Burmese from Arakanese homeland.Similarly in the north what now exists as Chin Hill Tracts was always part of Arakan.

No, seriously. If BD would able to that they make there claim on whole world. Why just A&N? Even Chinese are making claims on the basis of history, what you have?

On tactical terms, the A&N is highly guarded by AF and Eastern Command,, even SSN, INS Vikrant with Banglore class going to induct inside Eastern Command. On diplomatic terms too, you become aggressor.

How you do amphibious landings inside A&N? How the Indonesia will do that? Threatening your land borders with Indian Army? Where India can declare an exclusion zone on whole Bay of Bengal, and ultimately an Indian amphibious landing on Indonesia.

How you counter that? Our NSA said a very good thing-- "Tactics without Strategy is like a suicide".

Now our exit route in BB is very much controlled by India. That always posses a threat on us.
We want another or other players here. Which is China. China can play here with MM and Indonesia. We will remain neutral. As I research some we dont have any claim on those islands. But Arakan,Burmese, Chola, Indonesia and British. If Chinese are successful there. Our trade route will be very much secured. We can move freely by Indian and Myanmar side.

Now in this mean time we will have enough military power. Indian army will be weaken in a war with China. We will start insurgency in NE. Because India always posses threat by encircling us. China will also start from North. We will cut the Chicken neck and keep share from NE with China.

Now we will start insurgency in Arakan. Eventually take back that area with the help of those hilly areas.

These are all fiction dont take seriously :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom