What's new

3G opens modern IT avenues in Pakistan

☪☪☪☪;957710 said:
Yes we can get 100MB in Pakistan and India but for few Lacs not 25$.There's the difference no there is no caps.Even if there is cap it's very high like 800GB to 1 TB.I don't turn off my pc and download about 100GB per month which half of stuff i don't get time to watch and rest of it i watch by forwarding and other then that my younger brother download xbox 360 game rip's or isos.

I think you are confusing local loop bandwidth with international bandwidth. The Metra-E class connectivity you are referring to in Japan and elsewhere does not imply that the user has a dedicated 100Mbps uplink to the internet.

The users can easily get 40/50MB uplink to internet.There are tons of speedtests posted by Japanese and Swedish users on different forums.

I think you are confusing local loop bandwidth with international bandwidth. The Metra-E class connectivity you are referring to in Japan and elsewhere does not imply that the user has a dedicated 100Mbps uplink to the internet.

I get about 1 to 2 MB per sec with a normal broadband connection in UK. My point is this kind of speed is not the norm in South Asia.
:cheers:

1MB download speed or what?If your download speed is 1MB that would mean your connection is 10mb/sec.

I get about 1 to 2 MB per sec with a normal broadband connection in UK. My point is this kind of speed is not the norm in South Asia.

These are the speeds I get from my mobile broadband connections (PTCL and Worldcall)

USB Gladiators: PTCL EVO and Wordcall EV-DO go to war | TechLahore

I have documented them over a period of time using Speedtest. There are multiple posts on my blog spread out over more than a year that measure speeds.

At the office, we use Cybernet and PTCL wired connections and though these are shared across a large number of people, I typically get 3-4X the download rates on the wired pipes.

Currently I use Reliance Netconnect to connect to the internet.It provides me with a wireless connectivity @ 3.2 mbps...The state owned BSNL and MTNL provide wireless connectivity @ 3.6 mbps .There is an unlimited data plan at this speed that comes for 2500 rupees.Thats good enough.I m just eagerly waiting for those plans that will provide me with a speed of 7.2 mbps on wireless.That will be really cool.

^^ PTCL and Worldcall also advertise > 3Mbps. But the tests I conduct are always with US destinations. The Lahore to Islamabad connectivity is usually at the full advertised speed, it is the international uplink that is more relevant and interesting to measure.

^^ PTCL and Worldcall also advertise > 3Mbps. But the tests I conduct are always with US destinations. The Lahore to Islamabad connectivity is usually at the full advertised speed, it is the international uplink that is more relevant and interesting to measure.

try speedtest.net .The systems will automatically locate the nearest server for u(i.e. the one with lowest latency).U can test ur actual broadband speed there.I tested mine many times.I get somewhat around 2.6 to 3.1 mbps in actuality.

1268514304_80429891_1-EVO-PTCL-USB-INTERNET-SERVIRS-pakistan-1268514304.jpg

Again it is about 3/8th of an MB per second. Not just that, this is the max speed and not the mean. I would assume that the speed available at your fingers will be much less than 1/10th of an MB per second. Still a long way to go.

Check the conditions of this connection in fine font.

Reliance offers 20 Mbps speed at Rs. 2499/- only.

My home connection Currently paying 5000 rs for it.4MB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom