What's new

3G opens modern IT avenues in Pakistan

And which cities are covered. I did not see anyone using this on my recent visit to pakistan.What are the rates and quality.
I am surprised you ave not.It is quite popular in Pakistan.In fact WiTribe also launched wiMax recently.
Wateen Telecom :::
Abbottabad

Jhelum

R.Y. Khan

Bahawalpur

Karachi

Sahiwal

D.I. Khan

Lahore

Sargodha

Faisalabad

Multan

Sheikhupura

Gujranwala

Okara

Sialkot

Gujrat

Peshawar

Sukhur

Hyderabad

Quetta

Islamabad

Rawalpindi

WiMAXTariff.jpg

02102009001.jpg

They also offer bigger devices for remote areas
motorola-wimax-cpe.jpg
so you can get better signals.Used it for rougly 1.5 year.I was a beta user when the service was put in operation but not public launch.It's quite good!

And which cities are covered. I did not see anyone using this on my recent visit to pakistan.What are the rates and quality.
I am surprised you ave not.It is quite popular in Pakistan.In fact WiTribe also launched wiMax recently.
Wateen Telecom :::
Abbottabad

Jhelum

R.Y. Khan

Bahawalpur

Karachi

Sahiwal

D.I. Khan

Lahore

Sargodha

Faisalabad

Multan

Sheikhupura

Gujranwala

Okara

Sialkot

Gujrat

Peshawar

Sukhur

Hyderabad

Quetta

Islamabad

Rawalpindi

WiMAXTariff.jpg

02102009001.jpg
These devices also come with telephony service provided by Wateen and the number is local so local call charges!
They also offer bigger devices for remote areas so you can get better signals.Used it for rougly 1.5 year.I was a beta user when the service was put in operation but not public launch.It's quite good!

One step at a time. 3G equipment is lot cheaper and is it is now mature technology. People in Pakistan do not need expensive cutting-edge technology in mobile phones. If the mobile companies pay premium for latest technology then down the line people's phone bills would be expensive too.

Telenor and Warid already had infrastructure in place for 3G. All that was needed was a software swap. Simple. The problem was Government. Because that specific frequency band is up for sale and you know the rest when politics come into play.

Question for Blackberry users.... Is the Facebook App working at all in Pakistan?

☪☪☪☪;948588 said:
WiMAXTariff.jpg

02102009001.jpg
These devices also come with telephony service provided by Wateen and the number is local so local call charges!
They also offer bigger devices for remote areas so you can get better signals.Used it for rougly 1.5 year.I was a beta user when the service was put in operation but not public launch.It's quite good!

Hey I use one like that too!!

photo0121h.jpg

Well that was a quick pic from my mobile phone....Anyways these high speed mobile net connection modems are awesome...it provides me net access at a speed of 3.2 mbps(well on the move I get around 2 mbps)....But the speed is good enough for me to do all what I need...I recommend it for anybody who is frequently on the move and still wishes to be connected all the time..

btw..1024kbps unlimited @ 1399 ..that sounds lucrative...

What you're using is EVDO while this is wiMax but EVDO is far more reliable and tested tech where as wiMax is newest 4th generation tech.

Actually Telenor was in a process of aquiring the license for 3G in 2008 but the government at that time refused. Well the overall 3G mobiles purchased by users in Pakistan has risen sharply ..I guess maybe in the next two years 3G will dominate at least in the urban areas like Karachi Lahore Islamabad etc..!

512 Kilo bits per second or Bytes per second.. please clarify.

If it is 512K bits per second, the speed is ordinary.
:cheers:

Wimax is not 4g techonology it is some sort of 3.5 g tech 4 g is still in draft standerd yet to be finalised.

@ramu

Speed is always described in kpbs (kilo bits not bytes)

Wimax is not 4g techonology it is some sort of 3.5 g tech 4 g is still in draft standerd yet to be finalised.

@ramu

Speed is always described in kpbs (kilo bits not bytes)

hmmm ... When will south Asia see speeds that are MBps .... Hope that happens in the next 5 years. The world has moved on but the speed bottle necks in South Asia has remained.

hmmm ... When will south Asia see speeds that are MBps .... Hope that happens in the next 5 years. The world has moved on but the speed bottle necks in South Asia has remained.

Who tells that we dont have speed in Mbps .. 3g goes upto 3.1 Mbps and Wimax upto 8 on wireless medium
For wireline(DSL,ADSL etc) we have upto 16 Mbps bandwithd. If you require more you may opt for fastethernet from ISP

PTCL Offers another wireless network which runs on 3.1MBPS.It's PTCL EVDO.Where as they also offer dsl 2mbps, 4mbps packages.Wateen offers 256, 512kbs and 1 mb.512KbpS=59 KB download speed.Hope you understand now.The reason behind low speed on Wimax is that wiMax uses Acess Point and acess point has limited bandwidth option.Every area has it's own AP (A single AP costs in millions) as such Wateen has no option but to cap the link otherwise the AP would be congested.They will eventually offer more speeds when they earn more revenue and setup multiple AP's in single area.

Who tells that we dont have speed in Mbps .. 3g goes upto 3.1 Mbps and Wimax upto 8 on wireless medium
For wireline(DSL,ADSL etc) we have upto 16 Mbps bandwithd. If you require more you may opt for fastethernet from ISP

OK ... but they are not the norm. Speeds in MBs are available at most times in Europe and we (South Asia) have some catching up to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom