What's new

37pc Baloch favour independence: UK survey !

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3309065 said:
i dont think irfan baloch is a real baloch maybe some baloch from lahore or other places not balochistan, as for PN he is from military BG, need to see views of common balochi

Abbbai marvaaai gaaa ? Irfan Bhai is from Quetta and I presume an ethnic Baloch !

The US state of Alaska has a small population of only 680,000 people and vast territory measuring 1.5 million square kilometers. The state is endowed with tremendous mineral wealth--particularly oil and gas. Alaska Permanent Fund was set up in 1976 to ensure that ordinary Alaskans get a share of this natural wealth. Currently the fund has assets of over $38 billion and each Alaskan will receive $1,174.00 in cash from it for 2011.

Pakistan's Balochistan province shares some similarities with the US state of Alaska. It is the largest of Pakistan's four provinces in terms of area (347,190 square kilometers) but the smallest in terms of population (6.6 million). With large reserves of copper, gold and natural gas, it is probably the richest of Pakistan's provinces in terms of its natural resources.

As Pakistan moves forward with vast new mineral discoveries such as Reko Diq in Balochistan, it's essential that there be a mechanism to equitably share with ordinary Balochis the billions of dollars in revenue expected to flow from these resources.

Balochistan Fund can be modeled on Alaska Permanent Fund. It is a constitutionally established and professionally managed fund which is run by a semi-independent corporation. Shortly after the oil from Alaska's North Slope began flowing to market through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, the Permanent Fund was created by an amendment to the constitution of the U.S. state of Alaska to be an investment for at least 25% of proceeds from some minerals [such as oil and gas] sale or royalties.

Similar funds should be established for other provinces as well. For example, energy-rich Sindh has large coal deposits and huge shale gas reserves which are worth at least hundreds of billions of dollars. Revenues from these resources should be shared equitably to benefit ordinary citizen of Sindh province.

Sharing of the wealth with the people in each province will give them a tangible stake in national development. It will help bring and maintain peace and stability necessary to attract badly needed investments for developing Pakistan's vast mineral resources.

Haq's Musings: Alaska Permanent Fund--A Model For Balochistan's Mineral Wealth Sharing

And mind telling me the percentage of Baloch in Balochistan. :no:

Education is what is required. The sardars hate their people to get education just like Akbar Bugti hated it.

Well anything that comes from US, UK, Europe & India is full of horse crap I am pretty sure the percentage is more lower then what they are showing in this survey. Only terrorist people who are screaming wants this rest all want to be part of Pakistan forever & the percentage of these patriotic people is high.

Hamid Mir & Asma Jhangir are spreading the wrong & false info, it's filled with lies & propaganda.

This not UK Survey....It is Pakistani Agency survey funded by UK.....

How were the people who took part in survey.

Or they just created a fake survey just to satisfy their masters in UK..........................

The US state of Alaska has a small population of only 680,000 people and vast territory measuring 1.5 million square kilometers. The state is endowed with tremendous mineral wealth--particularly oil and gas. Alaska Permanent Fund was set up in 1976 to ensure that ordinary Alaskans get a share of this natural wealth. Currently the fund has assets of over $38 billion and each Alaskan will receive $1,174.00 in cash from it for 2011.

Pakistan's Balochistan province shares some similarities with the US state of Alaska. It is the largest of Pakistan's four provinces in terms of area (347,190 square kilometers) but the smallest in terms of population (6.6 million). With large reserves of copper, gold and natural gas, it is probably the richest of Pakistan's provinces in terms of its natural resources.

As Pakistan moves forward with vast new mineral discoveries such as Reko Diq in Balochistan, it's essential that there be a mechanism to equitably share with ordinary Balochis the billions of dollars in revenue expected to flow from these resources.

Balochistan Fund can be modeled on Alaska Permanent Fund. It is a constitutionally established and professionally managed fund which is run by a semi-independent corporation. Shortly after the oil from Alaska's North Slope began flowing to market through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, the Permanent Fund was created by an amendment to the constitution of the U.S. state of Alaska to be an investment for at least 25% of proceeds from some minerals [such as oil and gas] sale or royalties.

Similar funds should be established for other provinces as well. For example, energy-rich Sindh has large coal deposits and huge shale gas reserves which are worth at least hundreds of billions of dollars. Revenues from these resources should be shared equitably to benefit ordinary citizen of Sindh province.

Sharing of the wealth with the people in each province will give them a tangible stake in national development. It will help bring and maintain peace and stability necessary to attract badly needed investments for developing Pakistan's vast mineral resources.

Haq's Musings: Alaska Permanent Fund--A Model For Balochistan's Mineral Wealth Sharing

Giving the Baloch more money and a greater share of resources is certainly one method of addressing their grievances.

However, the main reason why we have so many grievances all across Pakistan (Muhajir, Sindhi, Baloch, Balawaristani, Kashmiri, Pashtun) is because we have still (even after 65 years) not managed to develop a strong consensus about any cohesive foundational narrative for our country.

This is the single most important point.

Perhaps the thread linked below is in the wrong place, but it may help us evolve such a consensus around a strong, cogent and cohesive narrative that we can formalize universally.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...oll-what-foundational-narrative-pakistan.html

Once such a narrative is in place, I feel a lot of our factionalistic problems will slowly start to disappear and the Baloch (& others) will begin to feel more "Pakistani".

I pray to Allah(swt) that PAK can preserve her integrity and keep a close eye on the yankis and other regional expantionists.:) Balochistan has huge strategic importance and is a huge territory , 347119 sqkm according to wiki. That's the size of germany.

Nevertheless, they have legitimate grievances which needs to be resolved

Yes they have legitimate grievances. Start by giving them the right to kill anyone anytime. Oops they are already enjoying this right. Sorry :)

I pray to Allah(swt) that PAK can preserve her integrity and keep a close eye on the yankis and other regional expantionists.:) Balochistan has huge strategic importance and is a huge territory , 347119 sqkm according to wiki. That's the size of germany.

With a population less than that of Lahore !

...........Personally I think the Balochi sardars should be killed and the Balochi children an entire new generation to be educated and taught to be loyal to the nation and not their tribe. There will be a lot of unrest but Balochistan's population is low and it can be controlled easily by PA, Balochistan reminds me of a little North Korea were the people are brainwashed by their "Dear Leader" in this case the local Sardars...

Killing people and bringing up their children to be loyal is precisely what the "Great Leader" (Quaid-i-Azam) and the "Dear Leader" (Quaid-i-Wadud) did in North Korea. What you are suggesting is called brainwashing.

Uneducated people following their traditional tribal chiefs in never considered brainwashing. It is merely a traditional way of life. The Baloch Sardar do not have the organizational capacity to brainwash anyone.

Back
Top Bottom