What's new

33 Demonetisation Deaths In 7 Days: Hospital Casualties, Suicides, Heart Attacks And Even A Murder

Yes no single farmer committed suicide because money meant to be disbursed as compensation to ones who lost their crop due to floods/drought was looted by the corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

No patient lost his/her child in a hospital because money meant to buy medical equipment was hoarded by officials of health ministry.

Loss of life is regrettable, government could've done better with the execution, but from what I can see on the media people are having trouble mostly in big cities. All private hospitals should have been exempted till November end.

Yes no single farmer committed suicide because money meant to be disbursed as compensation to ones who lost their crop due to floods/drought was looted by the corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

No patient lost his/her child in a hospital because money meant to buy medical equipment was hoarded by officials of health ministry.

Loss of life is regrettable, government could've done better with the execution, but from what I can see on the media people are having trouble mostly in big cities. All private hospitals should have been exempted till November end.

All that was because of "seculars", hence should not be commented on.
If you do, you will be labeled a hindu fascist for disagreeing with the liberated "liberals"...

Liberal Secular Motto...
Our Logic is supreme, no debate is necessary. If you disagree, you will be labeled and you deserve death.

HAIL LIBERAL...The modern day neo Nazis

Yaar, problem to hai, there are long queues, and people are now getting more and more impatient.
Now with availability of higher denomination note in tge market things are certainly going to improve and I feel the situation will go back to normal in a week or so.

With 1/6th of human population, there will be deaths in hospital, will everything be linked to demonetization.
16 People Have Already Died After Demonetisation And It Has Only Been Five Days
The elderly are succumbiung to long queues, no cash to buy medicines is killing infants.
http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fde4de160bd816065b60f8a542a4df3e1%2F204583202%2FRTX2SXJC.jpeg

DANISH SIDDIQUI / REUTERS
People stand in line as they wait to enter in a bank in Mumbai, India, November 10, 2016. REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said yesterday it will take another 50 days for normalization of currency usage in the country. That may take a huge toll on people, going by 15 deaths that have taken place in just four days. And these are just the ones that got reported.

1. In Mumbai, a hospital refused to admit an ill newborn because the parents didn't have legal tender. The child died. The government has allowed the use of old currency notes only in government-run hospitals.
  2. An 18 month old baby died in Vizag as the parents didn't have money to buy medicines. The private hospital refused to accept old currency notes of Rs 500 or 1,000.
  3. Doctors in Mainpuri in Uttar Pradesh stopped treating one year old Kush, suffering from high fever, after his parents ran out of 100 rupee notes. The parents brought him home, where he soon died, his father's 500 rupee notes now worthless.
  4. In Pali district of Rajasthan, the ambulance wouldn't take Champalal Meghwal's new born to hospital as he only had Rs 500 and 1,000 notes. By the time Meghwal arranged 100 rupee notes, the child had died.
  5. In Kushinagar district of Uttar Pradesh, a washerwoman came to know of demonetisation only when she reached a bank to deposit two 1,000 rupee notes she had saved. When told these were no longer legal tender, she died of shock.
  6. Kandukuri Vinoda, 55, a home-maker in Mahubabad district of Telangana, thought her cash savings of Rs 54 lakh were now worthless. She had earned the cash by selling land to pay for her husband's treatment, daughter's dowry and buy a smaller piece of land. She committed suicide.
  7. In Howrah, West Bengal, a man tense over demonetisation murdered his wife because she returned empty handed from the ATM. He felt she should have waited longer in the queue.
  8. In Kaimur district of Bihar, a 45 year old man died of a massive heart attack as he feared his daughter's would-be in-laws may no longer accept his old currency notes in dowry. He had saved up Rs 35,000.
  9. In Thalassery, Kerala, a 45 year man went to deposit Rs 5 lakh for the second day, after being unsuccessful on the first. He fell from the second floor while filling the deposit slip and died. An employee of the state electricity board, the man had taken the money as loan just the previous day. Local media reports said he was disturbed as he had not been able to change the currency notes.
  10. Vishwas Vartak, 72, died of a massive heart attack while waiting to deposit old currency notes at a bank in Mumbai.
  11. A 47 year old farmer had a heart attack waiting to exchange old currency notes in Tarapur in Gujarat. He needed money to pay farm labour.
  12. In Alappuzha, Kerala, 75 year old Karthikeyan collapsed before a bank and died. He had been waiting for an hour in the queue.
  13. In Udupi in Karnataka, a 96 year old man died waiting in a long queue at the bank, and the bank hadn't even opened yet.
  14. 69 year old Vinay Kumar Pandey, a retired BSNL employee, died waiting in a queue at the bank to exchange currency notes in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh.
  15. In Bhopal, a State Bank of India cashier died of heart attack. Bank employees have been putting in extra hours and handling large queues.
  16. A businessman in Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, felt chest pain soon after watching prime minister Narendra Modi's 8 November announcement of demonetisation. He died before the doctor could arrive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/1...-and-its-only-day/?ncid=fcbklnkinhpmg00000001

With 1/6th of human population, there will be deaths in hospital, will everything be linked to demonetization.

That has been the strategy of parties and "seculars" for last couple of years...
Anything and Everything must be looked through a specific prism and use the manipulated narrative for gains..

That has been the strategy of parties and "seculars" for last couple of years...
Anything and Everything must be looked through a specific prism and use the manipulated narrative for gains..
The parties you are referring to are not secular by a longshot. These are corrupt political opportunist, there is no need to demean the word secular.

Every life is precious but having seen the newborns dying due to refusal of treatment is one of the biggest sins and crimes with me. Can U really feel the pain of the parents who lost their loved ones just like that? U cant coz U have never lost any such precious life (and I wish and Pray U never lose any ever), but I can feel their pain as having lost my toddler son about a year back. Its easy to just write it out that "Guys see the bigger picture" but tell me can anyone compensate those loses? Does it suffice by just saying ok punish the hospitals?

Oh bdw those who can earn black money really have ways out to make it clean and below one is already in offing:

https://defence.pk/threads/three-da...o-help-people-in-hoarding-their-money.461001/

My sincere condolences on your loss Sir. Feel your pain.

Indeed people can be very dismissive before a death really hits home for themselves.

Looks like the poor chap has lost a lot of money ;)

His whole argument was based on people needing to wait in line...Wow...as if Indians until now never waited in lines for anything.

The parties you are referring to are not secular by a longshot. These are corrupt political opportunist, there is no need to demean the word secular.

Sir, they call themselves "secular" (We know the truth) So, who are we to deny them their right. If we do, they will claim intolerance and again do a drama..

Is this really the best argument you could come with . It happens when you are of bourgeois class . Here's more :

I have no patience to posting here the hundreds of videos and articles that are pro this move.
Yesterday, if not for police, Kejriwal would have been thrashed by public. Check the video if you have doubts.

Point is, one voice is not gospel. It's the majority opinion or reasonable argument that matters.

Fact: Black money is a huge problem in India. Everyone accepts this fact. Most also want Demonetization, this is also a fact. What we are arguing the delivery of this step.

Bottom line. People have agenda like political, ideological, monitory and other reasons to oppose this move. Let them not shoot on the shoulders of us common folk to score points.

Go to non-metro cities. They are completely normal. My place now have no queues after 10AM....So, we are surprised when people are debating this nonsense.

I have no patience to posting here the hundreds of videos and articles that are pro this move.
Yesterday, if not for police, Kejriwal would have been thrashed by public. Check the video if you have doubts.

Point is, one voice is not gospel. It's the majority opinion or reasonable argument that matters.

Fact: Black money is a huge problem in India. Everyone accepts this fact. Most also want Demonetization, this is also a fact. What we are arguing the delivery of this step.

Bottom line. People have agenda like political, ideological, monitory and other reasons to oppose this move. Let them not shoot on the shoulders of us common folk to score points.

Go to non-metro cities. They are completely normal. My place now have no queues after 10AM....So, we are surprised when people are debating this nonsense.

Issi bimari ne sanghio ko sada diya hai . Jisko bencho 2 time ki roti nae mil rae he is politicized . Video dekhne ka patience hota toh baat ssamajh me aati . No one is opposing it . Per bhai garib ki pichwade me kyu llatt pade . Jo din me mazdoori karke 500 ya 1000 kama raha hai woh apne hi peso ke liye line me khada hai which inturn will reduce his income . Bhai tum logo ke paas paisa hai isliye accha lag raha hai . What about mazdoor ?

Issi bimari ne sanghio ko sada diya hai . Jisko bencho 2 time ki roti nae mil rae he is politicized . Video dekhne ka patience hota toh baat ssamajh me aati . No one is opposing it . Per bhai garib ki pichwade me kyu llatt pade . Jo din me mazdoori karke 500 ya 1000 kama raha hai woh apne hi peso ke liye line me khada hai which inturn will reduce his income . Bhai tum logo ke paas paisa hai isliye accha lag raha hai . What about mazdoor ?

It's the chicken and Egg thing here mate..

I am sure you are smart enough to understand.
Corruption and black money in India affects the poorer sections, more than the middle class and above. This single step gives the greatest boost to the bottom sections of our society.

You are harping on temporary struggles, which CAN NOT be circumvented no matter what the plan is.
Strange thing is, this is the first step this kind of a step has been taken, There is no template or blue print anywhere for anyone to follow. Yet, strangely everyone has become an expert, albeit the absence of solutions..

It's the chicken and Egg thing here mate..

I am sure you are smart enough to understand.
Corruption and black money in India affects the poorer sections, more than the middle class and above. This single step gives the greatest boost to the bottom sections of our society.

You are harping on temporary struggles, which CAN NOT be circumvented no matter what the plan is.
Strange thing is, this is the first step this kind of a step has been taken, There is no template or blue print anywhere for anyone to follow. Yet, strangely everyone has become an expert, albeit the absence of solutions..

Bhai India me demonetization pehli baar nae ho raha . Pehle bh hua hai . I want every day laborer to be compensated for the time he spent in queues . Agar mallaya ka loan govt writeoff ker sakti hai toh poors ki inti toh help ho hi sakti hai .

Bhai India me demonetization pehli baar nae ho raha . Pehle bh hua hai . I want every day laborer to be compensated for the time he spent in queues . Agar mallaya ka loan govt writeoff ker sakti hai toh poors ki inti toh help ho hi sakti hai .

Really? Are we talking about Morarji Desai who banned 5000 rupee notes?
I sincerely wish you would read history.

5000 rupee notes formed 5% of the total money where as currently 500 and 1000 rupee notes formed 86% of total money.
5000 rupee note was NOT banned with in the hour where as currently 500 and 1000 rupee notes were.

These two steps are as unique as they come, hence the reason why this is the first of it's kind. It's a template for other countries facing similar problems as us to follow.

And Mallya's loan is not "written off"...Please educate yourself, I don't think you "want" to debate this line anymore. Anyone with limited knowledge of how banking system works would be able to explain to u what is happening to Mallya.

Lastly the poor should be compensated for the loss of work these few days...I agree with that point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom