What's new

33 Demonetisation Deaths In 7 Days: Hospital Casualties, Suicides, Heart Attacks And Even A Murder

the truth is if i say otherwise i wud be branded as a sickular/congressi/etc etc.
going with the flow is in fashion nowadays.
when the ques for cash is being compared with ques for JIO sim, its all over folks.

yes. u are absolutely true.
our opposition is more good at buying media houses while not a single media house is working for NDA.
i agree its all one sided.

It is more political than the corruption. If 1000 note is called big note, then what is 2000 note?

1. I would support this move if only if pumping 100 bills a week before note ban. Thus by circulation and availability of cash to public.
2. he first banned then day after started exchanging new bills. And moreover 500 not even reached to states like AP. How can a poor person run his house needs with 2000bill. When there is no one offering change purchasing products.
3. He is not targeting monster fish but just smaller ones those who store in liquid cash may face prob. but not the one with gold, properties and $$$.

I agree with you. If we see long term benefits like you mentioned like reductions in housing loan rates and others then this would be great. These are the tangible benefits I am talking about. If none of this helps in tangible ways then people will rightfully ask, for what were we made to go through all this trouble ? Please remember this wont hurt the big sharks anyway which have parked their money abroad, they will get only the small fry with this move.It would still be great if leads to some benefits like the reduction in housing loans or other ways.

If the loans rates reduce that would benefit employers but not the labour.. we are talking about big note causing corruption and what is the 2000 note then.

Big sharks are always safe and every where , corruption and black money is like shit in body ... some always remain inside ....but if he is able to minimize the impact of corruption on common man that will be helpful ..... but we Indians are so into corruption that we cant live with it ... If the Driving test become strict how many people will crib and think of giving money to test instructor :D :D ..... can you believe how Kejriwal and Mamta and other small political groups are reacting :D :D , its the result
I agree with you. If we see long term benefits like you mentioned like reductions in housing loan rates and others then this would be great. These are the tangible benefits I am talking about. If none of this helps in tangible ways then people will rightfully ask, for what were we made to go through all this trouble ? Please remember this wont hurt the big sharks anyway which have parked their money abroad, they will get only the small fry with this move.It would still be great if leads to some benefits like the reduction in housing loans or other ways.

But again till now its not clear how many 2000 notes they will print who know they start pulling they also off market in some time ??? and you are right 2000 is a big note will be helpful in corruption.

Lower loan rate will fuel the infra projects and will help common people only ??? I am not an expert but just some observations

It is more political than the corruption. If 1000 note is called big note, then what is 2000 note?

1. I would support this move if only if pumping 100 bills a week before note ban. Thus by circulation and availability of cash to public.
2. he first banned then day after started exchanging new bills. And moreover 500 not even reached to states like AP. How can a poor person run his house needs with 2000bill. When there is no one offering change purchasing products.
3. He is not targeting monster fish but just smaller ones those who store in liquid cash may face prob. but not the one with gold, properties and $$$.

If the loans rates reduce that would benefit employers but not the labour.. we are talking about big note causing corruption and what is the 2000 note then.

Big sharks are always safe and every where , corruption and black money is like shit in body ... some always remain inside ....but if he is able to minimize the impact of corruption on common man that will be helpful ..... but we Indians are so into corruption that we cant live with it ... If the Driving test become strict how many people will crib and think of giving money to test instructor :D :D ..... can you believe how Kejriwal and Mamta and other small political groups are reacting :D :D , its the result

But again till now its not clear how many 2000 notes they will print who know they start pulling they also off market in some time ??? and you are right 2000 is a big note will be helpful in corruption.

Lower loan rate will fuel the infra projects and will help common people only ??? I am not an expert but just some observations

You need to observe employees and businessmen ratio to the dialy labour and others. Lower loan rates definitely help but to the middle class. But for the poor it is a big blow. How can they get change when the bank distribut 2k bills. 2k bills number will grow it won't be limited. If you withdraw 1000 note in the name of corruption and big note.. then what is 2000.

I am not sure the numbers will increase or decrease it depends on govt , and why poor will face any problem in getting change ... 70% Indian live less then 2$ a day means just 130 Rs a day how they get 2000Rs note .

Dont you think the condition will improve if they become the part of banking system , Who said poor people dont take loans ...now instead of soot khors they will go to banks .

You need to observe employees and businessmen ratio to the dialy labour and others. Lower loan rates definitely help but to the middle class. But for the poor it is a big blow. How can they get change when the bank distribut 2k bills. 2k bills number will grow it won't be limited. If you withdraw 1000 note in the name of corruption and big note.. then what is 2000.

I am not sure the numbers will increase or decrease it depends on govt , and why poor will face any problem in getting change ... 70% Indian live less then 2$ a day means just 130 Rs a day how they get 2000Rs note .

Dont you think the condition will improve if they become the part of banking system , Who said poor people dont take loans ...now instead of soot khors they will go to banks .

Who said 70% lol.. why don't you make it 100% .

I listened in some debate they said it 70 crore people ..sorry for using 70% ( I am sorry for quoting wrong figures) ...but still very few few people have enough 2000Rs notes to face the problem to get the change , may be people start using the debit and credit card ..like mobile phones
Who said 70% lol.. why don't you make it 100% .

I listened in some debate they said it 70 crore people ..sorry for using 70% ( I am sorry for quoting wrong figures) ...but still very few few people have enough 2000Rs notes to face the problem to get the change , may be people start using the debit and credit card ..like mobile phones

Not true.
As new bill availability is very. With the exchange limit 2k, god help those who don't have bank account. 2.5lac for marriage? Then whose gonna pay other expenses in towns and villages.

The Guardian view on India’s demonetisation: Modi has brought havoc to India

Editorial
Thursday 17 November 2016 14.22 EST

Indians queueing to deposit and exchange discontinued Indian currency notes at the Reserve Bank of India in Ahmadabad. ‘The rich will not suffer but the poor will lose out. For them, getting to a bank and queueing for hours will cost money and time they don’t have.’ Photograph: Ajit Solanki/AP

On the night Donald Trump was elected the next US president, one of his fellow nationalist populist politicians chose to implement chaos in a land not famed for order. In a surprise TV address Narendra Modi, the Indian prime minister, announced that all 500- and 1,000-rupee notes would be withdrawn immediately from circulation. At a stroke Mr Modi rendered 86% of currency worthless outside a bank branch. Old notes would have to be exchanged for limited supplies of new currency. It was justified as a move designed to fight corruption and target people who have been dodging taxes by holding stockpiles of cash, known in India as “black money”.

Many initially saw the withdrawal of banknotes as a price worth paying to eliminate graft. The short-term impact of “demonetisation” has been dramatic: the $2 trillion Indian economy will shrink. The rich will not suffer, as corruptly acquired fortunes have almost all been converted to shares, gold and real estate. But the poor, who make up the bulk of the nation’s 1.3 billion people, will lose out. They don’t generally have bank accounts and are often paid in cash. For them, getting to a bank and queueing for hours will cost money and time they don’t have. In less than a week the policy has reportedly claimed more than a dozen lives. The government says that it will take weeks to sort out the problems.
Demonitisation is not new in India, which last tried it in a smaller way in 1978. The result then was higher bank deposits and a bump in the tax take. Yet the scale and speed of Mr Modi’s scheme has more in common with the failed experiments of dictatorships which led to runaway inflation, currency collapse and mass protests. While Mr Modi campaigned to end corruption, it would have been better if the government had updated its antiquated tax system to realise such a task.

But slower, incremental reforms do not make headlines. They do not instantly hit the war chests of political rivals in upcoming state polls. Mr Modi, a Hindu nationalist, was for a decade an international pariah over his alleged role in the mass murder of Muslims in a region he once administered. He wants to be known for something else. President-elect Trump offers an opportunity to recast himself. Two years ago Mr Trump’s svengali, Steve Bannon, described Mr Modi’s victory as part of a “global revolt”. But a looming cash crunch and an administrative crisis makes it look like the revolt might start at home.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...emonetisation-modi-has-brought-havoc-to-india

lets be fair to the govt.
its a bold move , a very bold move indeed. and this move is a part of series of such moves, some already came and some others waiting to happen.
it was a pretty tough job for the public, politicians and bankers alike.
people opposing the move on 'any' ground (except maybe the implementation should have been more thought out), are near sighted ones.

Exactly! Even Modi's own opponents are calling openly that his move will cost him dearly in the next elections. Doesn't he deserve credit just for doing something which is not just another populist move?

He carries HUGE political risk by doing what he could have easily avoided. And, nobody could have held him to fire if he hadn't demonetized! After all, every body would have gotten on with their businesses - including those that hoarded black-money to the brim!

Either way, we, as citizens have no right to complain about corruption in our system if we have no stomach to bear the necessary tough measures to curb the menace.

You may be labelled as "anti-national" very soon, pal! :P

Seriously, I think PDF Indians belong to "First India", as they work in "Formal Sectors" , have bank accounts to cash their pay checks, and have internet access to cheer for Modi in spare time.

They just do not understand or care the pain those poor people living in "Second India" have to go through, who have to make a decision between watching their life savings going down the drain, or standing in line day after day making nothing to feed their hungry family.

Riding on high horse and lecturing those poor souls in "Second India" to sacrifice for the "greater good" , while enjoying all the modern convenience of "First India", is disgraceful.

What "well-wishers" like you don't mention is the number of people DEAD directly because of corruption.

Modi, in his capacity, started Jan-Dhan Yojana more than a year ago to give bank accounts to those who couldn't otherwise get bank accounts - thereby bringing more than 200 million people directly into the "formal" banking system. It is a different matter if some people didn't take him seriously enough.

Nobody in their sane mind, thought that it would be a smooth transition. The Reserve Bank of India and the entire staff of the Indian Banking system are doing everything they can to make it as hassle-free as they can.

You can't demand a corruption free system and not be ready for a few temporary hardships in a society as chaotic as India. Think of it as our mini "great leap forward" - done without killing millions of our own people unnecessarily. Is that clear enough, comrade?

BTW, if you had your way, you and your ilk would rejoice to see perpetual divide between the so called "First India" and "Second India". So spare us your BS.

@Nilgiri

Again - nobody in their sane mind, can deny the benefits of this drastic move.

But the problem is the common voter who needs to see it benefiting him on the ground before the next election! That is just TWO years away! 5 Lakh crore in banks mean nothing for common man unless it benefits him personally. As it stands today, the small and medium sized traders who traditionally have been the core supporters of BJP, have been impacted the most.

That's why I say it is a VERY VERY COURAGEOUS move!
of-course...but with or without the move common man has to see the benefits...with that kind of money there is a huge probability that they will and that is why opposition is running from pillar to post...not only they have taken huge losses in terms of black money they also risk loosing their bases....and keep in mind it was not the traders(small/medium) who were responsible for BJP victory in 2014...it was the common man...

You may term it as courageous move ....for me it is a calculative move....the short terms suffering will be out from public memory and if this move work out then a huge bonus for BJP....not only that a tangible action that they can showcase to people...Surgical Strikes/this move all are a big living proofs that Modi is a man of Actions...in short he can make unprecedented moves...

Exactly! Even Modi's own opponents are calling openly that his move will cost him dearly in the next elections. Doesn't he deserve credit just for doing something which is not just another populist move?

He carries HUGE political risk by doing what he could have easily avoided. And, nobody could have held him to fire if he hadn't demonetized! After all, every body would have gotten on with their businesses - including those that hoarded black-money to the brim!

Either way, we, as citizens have no right to complain about corruption in our system if we have no stomach to bear the necessary tough measures to curb the menace.

What "well-wishers" like you don't mention is the number of people DEAD directly because of corruption.

Modi, in his capacity, started Jan-Dhan Yojana more than a year ago to give bank accounts to those who couldn't otherwise get bank accounts - thereby bringing more than 200 million people directly into the "formal" banking system. It is a different matter if some people didn't take him seriously enough.

Nobody in their sane mind, thought that it would be a smooth transition. The Reserve Bank of India and the entire staff of the Indian Banking system are doing everything they can to make it as hassle-free as they can.

You can't demand a corruption free system and not be ready for a few temporary hardships in a society as chaotic as India. Think of it as our mini "great leap forward" - done without killing millions of our own people unnecessarily. Is that clear enough, comrade?

BTW, if you had your way, you and your ilk would rejoice to see perpetual divide between the so called "First India" and "Second India". So spare us your BS.

@Nilgiri

You talk like a true Moji follower. :tup:

Maybe you can do something more than talking to help him out, you know he was rather emotional on TV address. Perhaps you can stand in line all day for one of those elderly ladies to exchange $60 worth of notes?

Last edited:
You talk like a true Moji follower. :tup:

Maybe you can do something more than talking to helping him out, you know he was rather emotional on TV address. Perhaps you can standing in line all day for one of those elderly ladies to exchange $60 worth of notes?

Alright! I'll bite!

But WTF is a Moji follower? Was that supposed to be an offensive reference to Modi? Lol

So you wouldn't mind if the same "elderly lady" dies of starvation just because the hoarders manipulated the market to raise the prices, would you? You wouldn't mind either if the same elderly lady died in a government hospital because the corrupt doctors refused to provide her the treatment that she needed? I could go on all day.

Millions of poor, hungry and destitute Indians die a horrible death that no human deserves - majority of them DIRECTLY because of corruption in our system. You don't shed your crocodile tears for them, do you?

Anyway, the point is, nobody can deny how demonetization is hurting the poor. It is sad, it really is.

But this precisely is the excuse that every corrupt politician has been using since our independence to avoid doing what is needed to root out corruption. Agreed that this is no way sufficient to root out all levels of corruption, but a significant blow to the corrupt. But don't let perfect be the enemy of good!

As per Modi himself, he intends to bring out more such "measures". We can only wait and see what he does and how much effective it will be.

If that makes me a follower of my own prime minister, yes I am a "Moji" follower.

Nearly 40% of the money is already with the banks.

Approximately 30% more will come into banks over the next few weeks.

I doubt 30% of it will ever come back. This would be mix of black money, terror money and fake money. This means govt has a huge amount of money it has in it's hand to really do a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom