What's new

3 more OHP class Frigates to be delivered to Pakistan between 2014-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. Along with those F22 Ps this would give PAK a decent navy. In the long run with turkish frigates and possibly chinese destroyers PAK can hope to go for a robust green water navy.

INS Vikramaditya is brand new? Right?

Post reported for trolling.

The Vikramaditya is something like 75% new. India spent 2.3B refurbishing it.

The former OHPs will nowhere near that level.

View attachment 11404

View attachment 11405

Thats 1 ship per year, Pakistan would have to pay for upgrade costs. In total Pakistan would have 4 OHP guided missile frigates.

Sources |

S.1683 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): A bill to provide for the transfer of naval vessels to certain foreign recipients, and for other purposes. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

http://www.ausn.org/Portals/0/pdfs/advocacy/Letter of Support for Sen Menendez Bill S 1683.pdf

@Penguin @cabatli_53 @Neptune | Would like to have your opinions.
That would mean in next few years we would have 12 frigates in total 4F-22 and 4off these and 4 more F-22 or F-23 from china man if our economy improves or we get money miracolously we should go for few Adaa class corvettes too from Turkey @Neptune @Oscar

That would mean in next few years we would have 12 frigates in total 4F-22 and 4off these and 4 more F-22 or F-23 from china man if our economy improves or we get money miracolously we should go for few Adaa class corvettes too from Turkey @Neptune @Oscar

No money.

@Aeronaut

On one hand you actively support IK/PTI who are hell bent on destroying our any remaining relations with US and on the other hand you hope & prey both GOP and US could somehow reach on an agreement to have these ships in PN with any conditions as soon as possible :rofl:

At the end of the day, its only hypocrites people like you who blame and tarnish GOP for plain Sell out against US just for political usance and on the same hand prouding & threatening Indians on these assets in this same forum and threads forever:hitwall:

Yani...chit bhee meri pat bhee mari aur khara mere baap ka....
bhai-jan koee din, mazhab hay kay naheen:azn:
Mr we don't want these ships on cost off our own people otherwise we should not take these ships

No money.
That is why I said if economy or some miracle happens still 4new F-22 3 off these are coming

For such a ''small'' coast,you want alot of ships.
The operating costs of such a fleet would be a big burden.
Yes sir we need at least 24 frigates and corvettes because we have monster size enemy

Last edited:
lolz it used to be ready, not anymore since many of active duty naval officers mostly admirals are jailed.

Well bro, the article's ready, hot to serve. It's in my laptop now which I gave it to my cousin who went to Izmir now. He'll return very soon ;)

Well , its still that ready even today , I know .

That is great then , not unless your cousin plans to pay a visit to Nicosia too , in the meantime . :D

@Aeronaut

Well...it'll depend on the US-Pakistan relations. I think there will be delays but sooner or later Pakistan will get them. 3 more ships to PN means, 3 more ships to be upgraded by Turkey (HAVELSAN and ASELSAN). The Iron Lady of Pakistan has been upgraded with GENESIS-I. Which in case of such a deal. I'd suggest the current upgrade program known as GENESIS ADVENT which differs from the earlier GENESIS variant by having SMART-S Mk2, 8-cell Mk41 VLS, upgrade of software/avionics/suites...etc. Here's a Gaziantep-class upgraded with the latest variant of GENESIS, operating at in Horn of Africa:

10795769385_5d663ba81c_b.jpg

A blueprint of frigate equipped with Genesis Advent which's the variant PN will likely choose for these three ships:

TuFFGPerryMOD1B.PNG

To what spec is PNS Alamgir being upgraded? Would you be able to provide details on combat systems and any offensive weapons?

Thanks.

@Oscar If PN select these warships( likely), how many years they'll serve your navy??

@Neptune @jhungary

The issue is 'money', otherwise TF-2000 and Type-54B (56?) are too good of options to miss.

We don't have much of a choice, we just have to make the best of what we have or what we can get while not blowing our tiny budget.

@Neptune @jhungary

The issue is 'money', otherwise TF-2000 and Type-54B (56?) are too good of options to miss.

We don't have much of a choice, we just have to make the best of what we have or what we can get while not blowing our tiny budget.
Yes if we had budget we would have ordered these long ago may be few would have been delivered by now

I have a Question what current OHP of PN Genesis upgrade make it better what does Genesis provide ?

@Neptune @jhungary

But you'll recieve then at 2015. Pakistan has a great potentional in terms of economy. I think you guys will make sprint in near future.

To what spec is PNS Alamgir being upgraded? Would you be able to provide details on combat systems and any offensive weapons?

Thanks.

replacing the combat management system. The new Turkish system allows the ship to track 1000 targets within it's range. It also allows her to communicate with other Perrys with GPS, integration of 8-cell Mk-41 VLS...etc. @cabatli_53 can provide more info

Reactions: HRK
dam again they want to Fcuk our A$$ for these ships , why we are so interested in these old elephants ?
why not better makes deals with china or russia ?
who is this idiot policy maker ? ? :hitwall::hitwall::angry::angry::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

Reactions: HRK
It's a total waste of money to buy these ships.
Instead PN should go for new upgraded F 22Ps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom