What's new

3 more OHP class Frigates to be delivered to Pakistan between 2014-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
these ships wont be released until we (PK) do the following.
1. fight the haqqani network.
2. release Dr. Afridi.
so in effect 'kiss the OHP's goodbye'.

Are those the "strings" attached?
Somehow the impression was that they will come through, but in calibrated manner.

After going through it seems PN is looking to acquire more of this and F-22P is not according to PN needs.

It is very good topic to discuss on that whether our air defense for our land is effective or not. First of all I would like to make this very clear SAM's are one of the most crucial asset of any countries defense mechanism it should be kept secret that whether an armed forces has one or how many it has. 2nd No matter what armed forces officer you ask they will never tell you anything true. 3rd even if they tell u something is probably an act of lie, I am not saying any ones uncle is lying here. I am just saying you are not that special or some asset that they tell you that we have this and that operational in armed forces. So chill out I am pretty sure we have everything to defend our land against India if not NATO.

2. release Dr. Afridi.

AND there was the third most critical thing. (3):The military should NOT interfere with the democratically elected government's affairs and shouldn't become a destabilizing force. The democratic system should be allowed to continue.
If the number 3 is focused on and the system isn't derailed, I can assure you, the elected government can make the US work with them on No: 1 & 2 and you can still get the ships. But the democracy will be toppled in Pakistan just like before and more sanctions will be applied. The ongoing progress in the economy will stop and it'll collapse. All because Pakistanis pull their own people's legs for their political agenda. I've never seen such a divided nation on the planet. So yes, you should probably kiss good bye to OHP. They won't be sold to a military regime for sure, specially after bringing down a democratically elected gov't.

2. release Dr. Afridi.

Shakil Afridi is an old case, with no benefits to Pakistan. The nation has already forgotten that saga, better to release him and get your US diplomacy on track. I am sure Shakil Afridi got the message, since he has served 3 years in custody already. As Aeronaut posted, most of the strings attached are something Pakistan can easily abide by. Get these 4 vessels and upgrade them along the Turkish Genesis platform. The notification also allows the president to waive these conditions, and as such seen with the Jordanian transfer of Cobras and F-16s, OHPs can easily be taken.

4 OHPs with Genesis, 4 F-22Ps and another 4 Type 54s would help navy more than anything.

Shakil Afridi is an old case, with no benefits to Pakistan. The nation has already forgotten that saga, better to release him and get your US diplomacy on track. I am sure Shakil Afridi got the message, since he has served 3 years in custody already. As Aeronaut posted, most of the strings attached are something Pakistan can easily abide by. Get these 4 vessels and upgrade them along the Turkish Genesis platform. The notification also allows the president to waive these conditions, and as such seen with the Jordanian transfer of Cobras and F-16s, OHPs can easily be taken.

4 OHPs with Genesis, 4 F-22Ps and another 4 Type 54s would help navy more than anything.
So you are telling us to sell our whatever leftover pride just get these used old third class frigates...nice advise.

So you are telling us to sell our whatever leftover pride just get these used old third class frigates...nice advise.
There is no pride bigger than getting something to defend your country. Shakil Afridi case is well beyond it's expiry date. What benefits does it bring us by keeping him in jail? How many times do you hear about him on the local news? People have forgotten that. No need to make it a matter of pride. If he wants to leave Pakistan, let it be. Thousands do that every year.

There is no pride bigger than getting something to defend your country. Shakil Afridi case is well beyond it's expiry date. What benefits does it bring us by keeping him in jail? How many times do you hear about him on the local news? People have forgotten that. No need to make it a matter of pride. If he wants to leave Pakistan, let it be. Thousands do that every year.
Let him leave so that he can enjoy millions he earned...well not in this life.

Its shameful that EU is not supporting PN at all even Uk can give away all of its 13 Frigates along with buying back 3 from Chile and offer free upgrade to PN.

Honourable Sir,

Your post is highly presumptuous to say the least? Selling arms against hard cash helps the local industry and supports the country’s economy. But you desire that EU nations, who have no quarrel with India, would gift Pakistan warships worth hundreds of millions of dollar with free upgrade so that Pakistan Navy becomes more capable of competing with IN?

The expectation is highly naïve. The world is harsh and no country offers charity; a 'quid pro quo' is always there. Even the US Aid under PL-84 is an indirect way of supporting US farmers and it is expected that we would further US interest in the region.

This is not a case of humanitarian assistance. Regret to admit that a lot of my countrymen have this misconceived notion that rest of the world owes Pakistan something. It is about time we wake and face the reality.

Last edited:
so when are these 3 arriving in Pakistan. And what is the status of genisis and weapons upgrade of PNS Alamgir?

Shakil Afridi is an old case, with no benefits to Pakistan. The nation has already forgotten that saga, better to release him and get your US diplomacy on track. I am sure Shakil Afridi got the message,

No mercy for terrorists and traitors.PERIOD.

If we forget and forgive such people, we will be slain by them eventually.

By your logic, why shouldn't Assange or Snowden be forgiven?

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom