What's new

3 more OHP class Frigates to be delivered to Pakistan between 2014-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
OHP.jpg

OHP_Transfer.jpg

Thats 1 ship per year, Pakistan would have to pay for upgrade costs. In total Pakistan would have 4 OHP guided missile frigates.

Sources |

S.1683 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): A bill to provide for the transfer of naval vessels to certain foreign recipients, and for other purposes. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

http://www.ausn.org/Portals/0/pdfs/advocacy/Letter of Support for Sen Menendez Bill S 1683.pdf

@Penguin @cabatli_53 @Neptune | Would like to have your opinions.

Pakistan has upgraded PNS Alamgir with Genesis system from Turkey. If these ships are upgraded the same way, i am sure they along with 8X F-22s will be good a deterrence.

genesis11.jpg

@jhungary

Its the same deal, i guess 5 were to be delivered originally.

1st PNS Alamgir - FFG8 is going to have Genesis upgrade in Turkey, when these ships are upgraded through the same system, they will be fully networked. We will also have 4 more upgraded F-22P frigates built in Pakistan. We are also trying to get 2 Type-54A frigates on lease from China. 8 F-22s with 4 OHPs, networked with P-3C orion, JF-17 Block-II and ZDK-03 AWACs, along with 5X AIP D.E subs look like a comfy little fighting navy, it will help our maritime security needs a lot.

I hope if this turns out okay, we would wait till we have some funds to buy U-214s in the future.

Last edited:
Read the fine print !!!

On condition of releasing Traitor Doctor Afridi

Reactions: HRK
Pakistan has upgraded PNS Alamgir with Genesis system from Turkey. If these ships are upgraded the same way, i am sure they along with 8X F-22s will be good a deterrence.

genesis11.jpg

@jhungary

1st PNS Alamgir - FFG8 is going to have Genesis upgrade in Turkey, when these ships are upgraded through the same system, they will be fully networked. We will also have 4 more upgraded F-22P frigates built in Pakistan. We are also trying to get 2 Type-54A frigates on lease from China. 8 F-22s with 4 OHPs, networked with P-3C orion, JF-17 Block-II and ZDK-03 AWACs, along with 5X AIP D.E subs look like a comfy little fighting navy, it will help our maritime security needs a lot.

I hope if this turns out okay, we would wait till we have some funds to buy U-214s in the future.

OHP is a very competent platform inspite of the age (35 years old)

However, i think it would be wise for Pakistan to build more upgraded F-22P and use them as the backbone of PN, but then there would be a problem of F-22P and their light armament, while it's either competent to do Anti-Air and Anti-Ship attack, it's not enough to do both. PN would probably wise to acquire more OHP for supplymentry service and take the load off of the F-22P, i reckon PN should look at acquiring more OHP (either from US or other Allied like Spain or Australia), while the OHP focus on Aerial Target, F-22P focus on Sea/Ground target. PN should also consider putting Mk41 VLS on their OHP frigate.

In theory, it's best for PN to have at least 12 F-22P and 8 OHP in service. Eventually PN would require to have air defence destroyer if they want to competently hold the naval region they Own.

Depend on what is PN intentional target, if PN goal is to counter India in this aim, the best PN can do is to hold India as long as you can in case of war, and awaiting the Chinese Fleet intervention. I think ultimately, PN would need about 12 Subs (Nuclear/Diesel) 30 Frigate (20 F-22P combine with other Frigate, OHP or homemade) and 10 Destroyer (Possible Type 52C/D or later) to be able to competently defend Pakistani Coast

Authorizes the President to transfer on a grant basis to Pakistan in each of FY2014-FY2016 one of the OLIVER HAZARD PERRY class guided missile frigates USS KLAKRING, USS DE WERT, and USS ROBERT G. BRADLEY 15 days after certifying to Congress that Pakistan is: (1) cooperating with the United States in counterterrorism and nonproliferation efforts, (2) not supporting terrorist activities against the United States in Afghanistan or elsewhere, (3) taking steps towards releasing Dr. Shakil Afridi, (4) taking steps to dismantle improvised explosive device (IED) networks, (5) providing humanitarian groups with access to detainees and other Pakistani civilians, and (6) ensuring that Pakistan's military and intelligence agencies are not intervening into Pakistan's political and judicial processes.

I wonder how that will go down with the Pakistani public. Good luck getting all that certified in the Congress.

it was a matter of allocation and timing. if PK had cooperated as US would like, these OHP's would already have been transferred. if now the GoP 'fcuks around' with NATO supply lines, you will never see this ships in PN livery.

'PK' military mindset should remember - 'you cannot have the cake and eat it too' - the US has decided that its needs PK however difficult it is for them to swallow - we need to tone down our 'jingoism'

having said that 3 FFG for say 240m is not a bad deal.

genesis11.jpg

@jhungary

8 F-22P's.....?

I wonder how that will go down with the Pakistani public. Good luck getting all that certified in the Congress.

Dr. S/Afridi will be quietly released....things are already moving in that direction. OBL is dead....its over!!!

Its a matter of principle , the man was an agent working against the state god knows what else he was up to may be took blood samples from Kiyani and Americans are not making a clone Kiyani (our ex army cheif)

The * fine prints is very difficult to satisfy

a) Release a traitor, can you imagine tomorrow a nurse is hired in hospital to assassinate a political leader

b) Help with supply routes what are chances of that happening ?
c) Keep the war going internally in Pakistan

For mere $240 Million dollar frigates

If we have a prisoner exchange treaty then yes no harm

Dr. S/Afridi will be quietly released....things are already moving in that direction. OBL is dead....its over!!!

Interesting, and what about the other conditions? They might even want Pakistan to oust/dismantle Haqqani network. Would that be something Pakistan would be willing to do? The conditions are so generic that America may want a lot out of Pakistan in return for this frigates.

Are these frigates worth it?

Each OHP will cost 65million dollars and than each genesis upgrade will cost atleast 70-80million dollars
eventually the overall cost per OHP would be more like 150millions.while a brand new F-22P cost 175million dollars.

More important with this much money KSEW itself can start a indigenous frigate program with the designing team either from GIDS/MSL or NESCOM.even if they developed a 2000tons frigata but indigenous with ofcourse subsystems like engine,radar,SAM and related imported this would be a big boost to Pak shipbuilding capabilities

Anyway considering the large size of OHP?can we integrate Burraq cruise missile LACM variant on the ship?

Interesting, and what about the other conditions? They might even want Pakistan to oust/dismantle Haqqani network. Would that be something Pakistan would be willing to do? The conditions are so generic that America may want a lot out of Pakistan in return for this frigates.

Are these frigates worth it?

Those Frigates might be even worth it. :-)

There are no other "cut-price Frigates" on offer from anybody else.
While the Tariq Class Frigates (Amazons) of the PN are thoroughly knackered.
Hobson's Choice? Or an "offer that can't be refused"?

Disregard the other side's rhetoric............its just that; rhetoric.

err isnt there anything comparable from china?

@Aeronaut

On one hand you actively support IK/PTI who are hell bent on destroying our any remaining relations with US and on the other hand you hope & prey both GOP and US could somehow reach on an agreement to have these ships in PN with any conditions as soon as possible :rofl:

At the end of the day, its only hypocrites people like you who blame and tarnish GOP for plain Sell out against US just for political usance and on the same hand prouding & threatening Indians on these assets in this same forum and threads forever:hitwall:

Yani...chit bhee meri pat bhee mari aur khara mere baap ka....
bhai-jan koee din, mazhab hay kay naheen:azn:

OHP is a very competent platform inspite of the age (35 years old)

However, i think it would be wise for Pakistan to build more upgraded F-22P and use them as the backbone of PN, but then there would be a problem of F-22P and their light armament, while it's either competent to do Anti-Air and Anti-Ship attack, it's not enough to do both. PN would probably wise to acquire more OHP for supplymentry service and take the load off of the F-22P, i reckon PN should look at acquiring more OHP (either from US or other Allied like Spain or Australia), while the OHP focus on Aerial Target, F-22P focus on Sea/Ground target. PN should also consider putting Mk41 VLS on their OHP frigate.

In theory, it's best for PN to have at least 12 F-22P and 8 OHP in service. Eventually PN would require to have air defence destroyer if they want to competently hold the naval region they Own.

Depend on what is PN intentional target, if PN goal is to counter India in this aim, the best PN can do is to hold India as long as you can in case of war, and awaiting the Chinese Fleet intervention. I think ultimately, PN would need about 12 Subs (Nuclear/Diesel) 30 Frigate (20 F-22P combine with other Frigate, OHP or homemade) and 10 Destroyer (Possible Type 52C/D or later) to be able to competently defend Pakistani Coast
For such a ''small'' coast,you want alot of ships.
The operating costs of such a fleet would be a big burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom