What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

Yes, they use MTK for cost cutting, but Snapdragon processors are better, though costlier.

I would like to hear your comment about one thing. That is Qualcomm Indian nepotism. Among USA tech, Qualcomm is most famous for hiring Indians, to the detriment of Chinese. If we take Chinese Intel Prize performance as bench mark, I can conclude that Chinese is better than Indian academically.

Me myself is a software engineer in wireless industries and I worked with Qualcomm tool chain. I am aware of Qualcomm internal situation.

Of course not rather is completely independent of it. I never discredited any chinese brands rather all I pointed out is they still need to prove it that they have in them to graduate as global brands not in terms of volumes merely but appeal as well

That's what i thought. Earlier that chappy was talking about Xiaomi and now you are talking about Huawei ! I exactly know you your level of thought process

This thread is about the 3 Chinese brands.So what's the problem and what's your level?LOL

The Chinese smart phone are running on Taiwanese MTK chipset while most of the world are running on Qualcomm.
only low-end models use MTK, like Xiaomi's redmi 1s, very popular in India these days. Most of the other Xiaomi's models still use Qualcomm snapdragon, like Mi4

This thread is about the 3 Chinese brands.So what's the problem and what's your level?LOL

Ignore the Indian, mate. The real one and the false-flag one with a pair of US flags :) They will disappear when ignored.

Huawei Releases Kirin 620 64-bit Octa Core Processor

Huawei Releases Kirin 620 64-bit Octa Core Processor

Huawei’s HiSilicon processor department was just lacking some 64-bit goodness on its line up until now. To fill that gap just a few days ago Huawei has teased us saying a new Octa-core processor is coming. Now the day has come and Huawei finally unveiled their very first 64-bit processor named as HiSilicon Kirin 620.

As the name suggests Kirin 620 isn’t faster than the Kirin 920 and other high end processors but its designed to compete in the mid range market where Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 610 and MediaTek’s 64-bit processors competes.

Kirin 620 is a octa-core 64bit processor built on 28nm manufacturing process which is little bit dated as of right now. But as this is a mid range processor, there is no reason to be on the bleeding edge which is 20nm and lower. Kirin 620 has 8 similar 1.2Ghz ARM Coretex-A53 cores unlike having ARM Big.LITTLE cores. GPU will be a let down for the most because Kirin 620 is using little bit old Mali-450MP4. Kirin 620 also supports LPDDR3 RAM modules and there is a built in Cat 4 150M down/50M LTE with 42M down HSPA+ supporting modem.

Huawei’s plans of putting this new processor on upcoming smartphones are unclear at the moment but we won’t be surprised if Huawei unveils a mid range smartphone using Kirin 620 anytime soon.

ZTE to scale down product line for stronger focus

By: Eileen Yu | zdnet | Posted: 26 Dec 2014, 09:36

4c188a418677125867fa9c4944585553.jpg

Faced with increasing market competition, China's handset maker ZTE Mobile Devices is looking to scale down its portfolio and focus on new consumer experiences.

The ZTE mobile business unit will develop two to three core devices and drop products that have not proven to be competitive in the market, said Zeng Xuezhong, CEO of ZTE Mobile Devices, in a China Daily report. The mobile manufacturer plans to develop devices that focus on creating new consumer experiences, he said.

The Chinese company recently launched its latest LTE handset, Star II, which features voice-control capabilities and is supported by more than 1,000 patents, of which 158 are linked to voice control technology, Zeng said.

ZTE has been offering various mobile devices running on several platforms including Android and FireFox OS. The wide variety, however, has done little to lift its market brand.

"We had a large volume in the market, but it did not help increase our brand value," said Zeng, who pointed to Apple's flagship smartphone and noted that Chinese handset makers should focus on their core, competitive products in order to beef up their brand value.

"We have introduced a strategy to increase the value, instead of the volume, of our products by focusing on developing core technology in major devices, such as the Star II," he said, adding that voice-controlled devices will drive ZTE's share in the Chinese market.

The company is targeting to ship 60 million smartphones in 2015, he noted. "There will be more products equipped with high technology that will be launched next year, which will help boost our presence in the high-end mobile industry," he said.

Yep, I tried to make them understand that thing in many different ways, but failed.

Need not worry. We are not concerned about them here.

Fact: 9 out of 10 companies shifting to US from China fails. ( Might I remind you that less than 25% of the costs were directly or indirectly related to the employees for the failed companies.)

And they would continue to fail in future unless they have some real value to deliver. Currently I don't see any potential with Xioami.

Xiaomi will sell 3-5 million smartphones in India in 2015,if the country's courts,eager to extend a helping hand to the domestic “brands”(aka resellers of made-in-China devices:D),stop using feeble excuses to interfere in the normal business conduct of the Chinese company。:azn:

Xiaomi has sold 1 million smartphones in India so far

25 December, 2014

This year Xiaomi ventured outside of its home market, China, and into India. For many months now, it's been holding pretty much weekly flash sales in partnership with Flipkart, the biggest retailer in the subcontinent. And apparently those have been going quite well.

Xiaomi's boss for India, Manu Kumar Jain, has announced today via Twitter that the company has already managed to sell more than one million smartphones over there.

gsmarena_001.jpg

This has happened at some unnamed point earlier this month. That's certainly impressive given how limited Xiaomi's phone supplies have been for the subcontinent. It definitely looks like the smartphone maker has somewhat underestimated the demand for its products in India, which may mean it will manage to sell even more units next year.

On the other hand, companies such as OnePlus and even Micromax (through its Yu sub-brand) are anxious to steal customers away from Xiaomi so 2015 is surely going to be an interesting year over there.

Xiaomi has sold 1 million smartphones in India so far - GSMArena.com news

Xiaomi will sell 3-5 million smartphones in India in 2015,if the country's courts,eager to extend a helping hand to the domestic “brands”(aka resellers of made-in-China devices:D),stop using feeble excuses to interfere in the normal business conduct of the Chinese company。:azn:

25 December, 2014

This year Xiaomi ventured outside of its home market, China, and into India. For many months now, it's been holding pretty much weekly flash sales in partnership with Flipkart, the biggest retailer in the subcontinent. And apparently those have been going quite well.

Xiaomi's boss for India, Manu Kumar Jain, has announced today via Twitter that the company has already managed to sell more than one million smartphones over there.

gsmarena_001.jpg

This has happened at some unnamed point earlier this month. That's certainly impressive given how limited Xiaomi's phone supplies have been for the subcontinent. It definitely looks like the smartphone maker has somewhat underestimated the demand for its products in India, which may mean it will manage to sell even more units next year.

On the other hand, companies such as OnePlus and even Micromax (through its Yu sub-brand) are anxious to steal customers away from Xiaomi so 2015 is surely going to be an interesting year over there.

Job well done! Let China's companies fail more if the Indian way of failing is this. LOL.

xiaomi-note-4g-back-2-2.jpg

PS: Ignore the Indians.

Need not worry. We are not concerned about them here.

Fact: 9 out of 10 companies shifting to US from China fails. ( Might I remind you that less than 25% of the costs were directly or indirectly related to the employees for the failed companies.)

And they would continue to fail in future unless they have some real value to deliver. Currently I don't see any potential with Xioami.

Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, and many others are eating up Apple sales/revenue, and they will continue eating Apple's market share in the coming years. The same way Japanese outcompete european/american electronics industry 2 decades ago.

Motorola has been eaten by lenovo. HP and Dell has been outcompeted by Lenovo.
In the future: IBM, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Qualcom, Microsoft business could be outcompeted by chinese tech companies.

25 December, 2014

gsmarena_001.jpg

If you expect no action to be taken when you are violating patents then you are wrong

If you expect no action to be taken when you are violating patents then you are wrong

Why has the ban been lifted then?

Violating patents?Don't make me laugh。

What could it possibly be that the likes of Micromax,who sources the vast majority,if not all,of its smartphones sold in India from Chinerse OEMs or ODMs,don't get banned for violation of patents?

It is a known fact that India does not hold a single patent in mobile tech。Yet the homegrown "brands", i.e. resellers, are selling their gadets free of any legal intervention. Why???

This is a great achievement for China. Some posts by Indian members in the beginning is disappointing to see.

Lenovo and Xiaomi are getting very popular in India and there is no denying the fact that they are competing neck to neck with established brands like Samsung/Apple/Sony etc. What we are seeing is the steady growth of Chinese smartphone makers. Time will come when they would begin to challenge and dominate the International TV market and Home Appliances market.

There is also no denying the fact that outside of China, India would be next biggest market for the Chinese brands as Indians tend to put more onus on value for money product rather than brand image. India's ever increasing middle class has the money to buy Chinese products and given that the Chinese generally offer products at lower price compared to competitors I am sure the decision makers in China would aggressively sell their products in India.

As India and China move forward, I think there can be no better way than to sit with the Chinese companies and offer them to make in India. India should be looking to build an ecosystem of smartphone manufacturing and we should bargain with the Chinese to come and invest in creating these facilities as they have the experience, knowledge and most importantly the finances to set up this kind of an arrangement. It will then lead to a creating of network of domestic companies who could provide the parts/chips that go into the making of the final product and therefore creating an atmosphere of domestic manufacturing.

India needs to invest a lot in its Infrastructure and the Govt should be pro active in getting the companies to set up factories in India. There is no harm in learning from your neighbor even though we may have some very serious issues with them . After all, its business and trade that can bridge differences today.

Why has the ban been lifted then?

Violating patents?Don't make me laugh。

What could it possibly be that the likes of Micromax,who sources the vast majority,if not all,of its smartphones sold in India from Chinerse OEMs or ODMs,don't get banned for violation of patents?

It is a known fact that India does not hold a single patent in mobile tech。Yet the homegrown "brands", i.e. resellers, are selling their gadets free of any legal intervention. Why???

1.The ban has been lifted on those mobiles which don't used the 'Ericson' software
2. Becuz Micromax & the OEM can have understanding in the use of various technologies

Lenovo,ZTE & Huwaie have not been banned & they are Chinese brands too
So there goes your stupid theory that Indians are causing trouble to Chinese companies
We might not be very big in mobile phone sector but I am sure we hold a lot of patents in the Software that goes into them
Conclusion
Don't violate patents & you will not be banned

Back
Top Bottom