What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

Huawei Ascend P8 metal chassis leaks online
25 December, 2014
Tags: Huawei, Rumors

Huawei Ascend P8 has already made the news a few weeks ago. The first rumored specs suggest the company’s next flagship will follow the tradition for an impressively thin design built around a metal chassis. It should feature a 5.2" 1080p display and run on the HiSilicon Kirin 930 chipset built on TSMC's 16nm process and packing an octa-core processor within.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Today we got some new info on the Huawei Ascend P8 – its alleged metal chassis. A close inspection of the leaked pictures reveal yet another super thin frame, though we are yet to learn its exact measurements.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Judging by the carved out holes, the camera will feature a single-LED flash, while the phone will come with two ejectable trays. The first tray will be the primary SIM slot for sure, while the second one may be either for a second SIM or for a microSD memory card. We’ve seen Huawei combine the SIM and memory slot into a single tray and you choose what to use inside, so this might be the case with the Huawei Ascend P8 as well.

gsmarena_003.jpg

Huawei Ascend P8 should be announced in January on CES in Las Vegas or at the MWC expo in early March in Barcelona. Whatever Huawei decides, we’ll be there to cover it for you.

2. Becuz Micromax & the OEM can have understanding in the use of various technologies

Could you elaborate more on the understanding reached between Micromax and other patents holder (Ericson, Huawei, etc)

1.The ban has been lifted on those mobiles which don't used the 'Ericson' software
2. Becuz Micromax & the OEM can have understanding in the use of various technologies

Lenovo,ZTE & Huwaie have not been banned & they are Chinese brands too
So there goes your stupid theory that Indians are causing trouble to Chinese companies
We might not be very big in mobile phone sector but I am sure we hold a lot of patents in the Software that goes into them
Conclusion
Don't violate patents & you will not be banned

Stop the nonsense。

You know as well as I do that all Indian “makers” are patent violaters if Xiaomi is deemed one。

Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, and many others are eating up Apple sales/revenue, and they will continue eating Apple's market share in the coming years.

In which geography apple lost share to Xiaomi ? quote me nos else gtfo !

Stop the nonsense。

You know as well as I do that all Indian “makers” are patent violaters if Xiaomi is deemed one。

You have proof for that claim of yours
& if Any Indian handset maker is using someone's tech they will take permission from them 1st

Could you elaborate more on the understanding reached between Micromax and other patents holder (Ericson, Huawei, etc)

How will I know I don't work in Micromax
All I am saying is that they would have already reached an understanding if they were using each others tech or they would have dragged Micromax to court

All I am saying is that they would have already reached an understanding if they were using each others tech or they would have dragged Micromax to court

So you don't know what you have talked/claimed about other than your own assumption?

There is no such understanding/agreement between micromax and Ericson. Otherwise u will find the news easily.

Micromax is not a cash cow like xiaomi and not a threat for Ericson, micromax is not sold overseas only in India and India govt will support micromax if eEricson sue, that's why micromax is not an interest for Ericson to sue.

Furthermore micromax most products are rebranded products produced by Chinese manufacturer, so why Ericson need to bother

You have proof for that claim of yours
& if Any Indian handset maker is using someone's tech they will take permission from them 1st

IP rights is a phrase which is not present in mandarin dictionary. They just love to steal and imitate and roll 'em out as their own.

From car models to air craft designs to ships and subs. Chinese mobile brands will always remain chinese.

In China.

So? with a ultra nationalistic anti competition commission there in china it is easily doable. If the chinese brands are as good as they claim to be why not challenge the american companies on US soil ?

Eg. Toyota has immense brand equity here in US since they brought in a paradigm shift in the car industry and their fundamentally different approach are studied in almost all top B school in States as a case.

If forum would have allowed I would have posted the link. More than 9 out of 10 chinese companies who venture into US just roll over and die after couple of months of dragging.

Ericsson Sued Micromax even before Xiaomi in India.
Xiaomi, OnePlus litigation | The Indian Express

The brands like Xiaomi and Micromax with limited number of patents in their patent pools will face tough fights on the patent war once they grow to a certain level. Xiaomi only plans to sell their products in developing countries and try to avoid Europe and North America, the reason is on the patent. Xiaomi can dominate in Chinese market because there is a protection provided by Qualcomm, in which any customer who uses Qualcomm's tech (CPU etc.) has to give up his own patents to Qualcomm, that creates a huge patent pool for Qualcomm's customers and make them avoid the nasty patent hassles. But once outside the China's border, the protection is less effective. Now you get bigger market share, the first one jumping out is Ericsson, but hey, Nokia, Moto, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, LG, Sony, Blackberry......all are on the way to sue you.

On the other hand, Chinese brands such as Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, phone makers having good number of patents are favoured in the competition. Huawei owns the second largest number of 4G LTE core patents, only closely next to Qualcomm, and also a big patent holder on 3G (WCDMA CDMA2000). ZTE is also on the top of that list. Lenovo owns Moto, and besides that, it bought mobile patents from Unwired Planet for $100M early this year, this will put it in a good position against any patent challenge in the future.

Last edited:
So? with a ultra nationalistic anti competition commission there in china it is easily doable. If the chinese brands are as good as they claim to be why not challenge the american companies on US soil ?

Eg. Toyota has immense brand equity here in US since they brought in a paradigm shift in the car industry and their fundamentally different approach are studied in almost all top B school in States as a case.

If forum would have allowed I would have posted the link. More than 9 out of 10 chinese companies who venture into US just roll over and die after couple of months of dragging.

Soon iPhone will completely lose market share to China phone in China market.

Ericsson Sued Micromax even before Xiaomi in India.

The brands like Xiaomi and Micromax with limited number of patents in their patent pools will face tough fights on the patent war once they grow to a certain level. Xiaomi only plans to sell their products in developing countries and try to avoid Europe and North America, the reason is on the patent. Xiaomi can dominate in Chinese market because there is a protection provided by Qualcomm, in which any customer who uses Qualcomm's tech (CPU etc.) has to give up his own patents to Qualcomm, that creates a huge patent pool for Qualcomm's customers and make them avoid the nasty patent hassles. But once outside the China's border, the protection is less effective. Now you get bigger market share, the first one jumping out is Ericsson, but hey, Nokia, Moto, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, LG, Sony, Blackberry......all are on the way to sue you.

On the other hand, Chinese brands such as Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, phone makers having good number of patents are favoured in the competition. Huawei owns the second largest number of 4G LTE patents, only closely next to Qualcomm. ZTE is also on the top of that list. Lenovo owns Moto, and besides that, it bought mobile patents from Unwired Planet for $100M early this year, this will put it in a good position against any patent challenge in the future.

I bet you just googled for a link and posted it all over without following up the matter.

Micromax is already paying a small fraction of their profits as royalty a concept which you guys know nothing of.

So you don't know what you have talked/claimed about other than your own assumption?

There is no such understanding/agreement between micromax and Ericson. Otherwise u will find the news easily.

Micromax is not a cash cow like xiaomi and not a threat for Ericson, micromax is not sold overseas only in India and India govt will support micromax if eEricson sue, that's why micromax is not an interest for Ericson to sue.

Furthermore micromax most products are rebranded products produced by Chinese manufacturer, so why Ericson need to bother

Ericsson already sued Micromax and Indian High Court ruled the case in Ericsson's favor.

Patent row: Delhi High Court asks Micromax to pay royalty to Ericsson - Economic Times

So? with a ultra nationalistic anti competition commission there in china it is easily doable.

Xiaomi rule in china not because of anti competition in china, but because of their business innovation.

If the chinese brands are as good as they claim to be why not challenge the american companies on US soil ?

In time darling ..

You will see China tech companies challenge the american companies in US soil in the future.
Now chinese technology champions need to rule in china market first, then start foothold overseas.

Remember how Japanese toyota was nothing compared to Chrysler, Ford etc, but later on challange american car companies? Likewise will hapen with chinese tech companies.

And dont forget how US govt ban Huawei from entering US soil, the same reason that Chinese govt will use to avoid US tech companies in govt institutions.

IP rights is a phrase which is not present in mandarin dictionary. They just love to steal and imitate and roll 'em out as their own.

From car models to air craft designs to ships and subs. Chinese mobile brands will always remain chinese.

That is not true anymore ..

Do you know that China is already the largest patent producer in the world, far leaving America and Japan behind? China wont be able to become largest patent producer if the IP right is not present in China as you said above.

Stealing and imitating is not only chinese favorit , but once also Japanese, Europeans, and America favorit too.
Why dont you steal anymore? because IP law has been established in your country long time ago, therefore nobody dare to be a theft.

I bet you just googled for a link and posted it all over without following up the matter.

Micromax is already paying a small fraction of their profits as royalty a concept which you guys know nothing of.

What you are saying is far from truth ..

That is because Micromax can do nothing else. In the meantime Xiaomi still have a choice: whether they leave India, or pay royalty to Ericson.

You need to find fact to be aware of the most updated situation.. China is already a patent behemoth leaving India, even US and Japan behind.

Xiaomi is a new comer therefore they dont have many patent portfolio, and easily become prey of big companies when Xiaomi become large. In china even Huawei and ZTE could target Xiaomi for the patent infringement.

Last edited:

In Xiaomi's case, only phones using CPU other than Qualcomm's are sued, meaning low-end models like Redmi 1S with MTK cpu are banned. Seems that Qualcomm's patent protection is still effective in India. And I bet there will be an agreement between Ericsson and Xiaomi finally. so what you mention is not important. The situation is not changed for brands like Xiaomi and Micromax. They have a lot of lawsuits ahead waiting for them, unless they increase their number of core patents tremendously or just refrain their markets to a very limited area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom