PINAKA MRBL
Shivalik class stealth frigates
IAC-I
Arihant nuke sub..
K-156 Sum balliistic missile
Shaurya hypersonic...
PSLV
Chandrayaan
Discovery of water on moon by CHACE sent via MIP in Chandrayaan1 sat..

Again don't repeat ur rant like this below

A long list. But how many are already actively in service?

Out of these 15 odd projects 12 are already in service!

Only LCH, ABM and IAC-1 are waiting to enter in active service.

Of them LCH and ABM are slated for entry in 2012, IAC-1 by 2014.

If this does not satisfy you then check this thread out for indigenous defence products and projects from India.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...-some-pleasant-surprises-helina-launched.html

If you are still in doubt after going through this thread then I'll hope that all of India's enemies are as ignorant as you!:cool:

If this does not satisfy you then check this thread out for indigenous defence products and projects from India.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...-some-pleasant-surprises-helina-launched.html

If you are still in doubt after going through this thread then I'll hope that all of India's enemies are as ignorant as you!:cool:

faithfulguy check that thread...in the quote
Hope ur doubts get cleared...

Common Guys lets not again get into this endless loop and ruin the thread. Lets stick to topic.

@Fellow Indians
Guys he is partially correct. Many of our systems had some foreign design inputs. E.g. Druv - MBB, Tejas - Dassault, IAC - Fincantieri and so on. But there is nothing wrong in taking help considering we have started building our defense industry seriously only in the last 20-30 years.

@faithfulguy
Common man lets not generalize everything here. There are also some indigenous things which are doing very well e.g. ISRO is doing pretty good. You are correct at some places but credit should be given where its due.

1.Common Guys lets not again get into this endless loop and ruin the thread. Lets stick to topic.

2.@Fellow Indians
Guys he is partially correct. Many of our systems had some foreign design inputs. E.g. Druv - MBB, Tejas - Dassault, IAC - Fincantieri and so on. But there is nothing wrong in taking help considering we have started building our defense industry seriously only in the last 20-30 years.

3.@faithfulguy
Common man lets not generalize everything here. There are also some indigenous things which are doing very well e.g. ISRO is doing pretty good. You are correct at some places but credit should be given where its due.

1. I think if this guy doesn't get a reply, he will repeat the same litany again in another thread. I'm yet to classify him as a troll thus the serious replies.

2. He is not even partially correct. According to him all major Indian projects are foriegn projects in proxy.

Also, such lies when repeated frequently enough turn into reality. See, even you have fallen prey to one such rumour. There was no participation of Dassault in the LCA project and as for LM, it took away all it had contributed. IIRC, only BAE (?) had some contribution in early stages of CLAW development.

IAC-1 has fincantieri for some consultansy in integrating propulsion, does that mean it is a foriegn project?

Dhruv did have MBB as a major contributor, but LCH is totally designed in India. This is the radical shift the Indian defence R&D has been undergoing since last 5-6 years.

3. ISRO is not the only successful organisation, what about NPOL, ASL, RCI, DARE, CABS, BEL, BEML, Directorate of Naval Design?

Even Laggards like GTRE and HAL are staging a comeback.

What he or for that matter you think about DRDO is based on the press reports five years back. A lot of water has flown under the bridge since then. If we want a serious discussion on the Indian contribution to FGFA, establishing this fact is of prime importance!

Common Guys lets not again get into this endless loop and ruin the thread. Lets stick to topic.

@Fellow Indians

@faithfulguy
except for usa and russia tell us which country does everything inhouse ? .

AT ALL, PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC ! ! !

Which one is the new one?

Above the new prototype, below the 1st one. The 1st one had just test IRST and IR MAWS in front and behind the cockpit (yellow colored), now we can see that there has been new parts integrated and these are the most visible differences.

guys does all the 4 radars of PAK FA are AESA???????????????

It is planed with 5 radars, 1 in the nose, 1 each side of the cockpit and 1 each wingroot, but these things are internal changes that are hard to be observed on pics. However, the nose has some changes if you compare it to the nose of the 1st prototype, but I don't want to conclude too much now.

Ganimi,

Lets open a seperate thread for this discussion :D

On a serious note I agree with what you are saying. I replied to what he said below and I used the word partial in context of Joint Venture. That is there were only design consultancy and no Joint Venture so he is only partially correct.

Pretty much all Indian military achievements are joint venture ones. So India deserve a big congratulations as this will be use for the Indian system.

And I gave example of ISRO because its something right in the face. There can't be a doubt about ISRO's achievements and the fact that its completely indegenous. After the ISRO example you don't need any other example to substantiate what I was saying.

BTW saw 'dassault participation in Tejas' info on wikipedia but they haven't given any citation so can't be verified. So you may be right.

I believe the nuclear sub still does not have the missiles in them and its no in service. Its still being tested.

I believe the nuclear sub still does not have the missiles in them and its no in service. Its still being tested.

Don't worry...we will make sure no nuclear accident will happen in the sub...
another 8 months are there...

It will be ready by 2012

Ganimi,

Lets open a seperate thread for this discussion :D

On a serious note I agree with what you are saying. I replied to what he said below and I used the word partial in context of Joint Venture. That is there were only design consultancy and no Joint Venture so he is only partially correct.

And I gave example of ISRO because its something right in the face. There can't be a doubt about ISRO's achievements and the fact that its completely indegenous. After the ISRO example you don't need any other example to substantiate what I was saying.

BTW saw 'dassault participation in Tejas' info on wikipedia but they haven't given any citation so can't be verified. So you may be right.

MST bhai, I agree completely!:agree:

As I said to MST, let us have this discussion on a different thread, this is my last reply here.

This news is at least a year and half old! INS Arihant has completed harbor trials and is currently fitted with the K15 missile.

Sea trials are going on and it is yet to fire the K15 from it's VLS system. " But in case of war INS Arihant can and will be deployed in it's intended role." Navy officials have said that on record (I'll see if I can dredge that up)

P.S. A test of K15 is likely by the year end, at the same time the second sub will be launched (at max the second half of next year)

e33c7ac5-b3ad-4e25-aa11-9e1a5fab6d97.Full.jpg

Second Russian PAK FA Prototype Makes First Flight

The second prototype of Russia’s fifth generation Sukhoi T-50 fighter developed under the PAK FA program made its maiden flight today. The 44-min flight made from the airfield of KnAAPO's facility in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, in Russia’s Far East, was successful, Sukhoi reported.

The second T-50 will join the first prototype for flight testing. One more aircraft T-50-0 is used for static tests. Another aircraft, T-50-KNS, is believed to be used as a complex full-scale stand model intended for ground testing. The first T-50 flew for the first time in January 2010 in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. Last April it was delivered to Zhukovsky Gromov LII flight research institute where it started initial flight tests. According to Sukhoi, the first prototype has logged 36 flights to date.

The T-50 will demonstrate an unprecedented small radar cross section in radar, optical and infrared range due to composites and innovative technologies applied in the fuselage, aerodynamics of the aircraft and decreased engine signature. Sukhoi said the new fighter will be equipped with a brand-new avionics suite integrating “electronic pilot” functionality, as well as advanced phased-array antenna radar. New aircraft on-board equipment will give T-50 network-centric capabilities allowing real-time data exchange not only with ground based control systems, but also within the flight group, say the designers.

Earlier this year Sukhoi head Mikhail Pogosyan promised that the third (T-50-3) prototype will also join flight trials this year. According to him, the task for the first two aircraft is to test aerodynamics, stability and controllability while the 3rd and 4th aircraft will be equipped with onboard equipment required by the customer including the new N050 AESA radar developed by Tikhomirov NIIP.

PAK FA is intended to replace the Russian Air Force’s Su-27 fighters. Last year Russian military officials said that the serial production of the new aircraft is to start in 2016 and the initial order from the Air Force may be more than 50 aircraft.

Second Russian PAK FA Prototype Makes First Flight

That once again confirms that we see only early prototypes for flight tests and that at least the nose radar will be integrated only in later prototypes.

Back
Top Bottom