What's new

27 May Bombing of Lahore Rescue15 Building

Whether the TTP is supported by the Indians, Afghans, or completely local has little to do with the fact that Pakistan has to fight them and defeat them.

If you read Fundametalist flip flop on Taliban you will note I have never contested the fact that they could be supported by India however to claim Mullah Omars men are true Taliban and TTP are not considered Taliban and is a western media creation is what I have contested.

Regards

Agreed ,that guy AN actually lost his senses and started blame game.

India and Israel actually sponcering terrorism is SWAT and FATA , the want to weaken our defence and local jehadi mullah are getting aid from them .

US also supporting India in this cruel act of india.

You need concrete proof of involvement of India and Israel.

Although, I totally agree with you in a sense that weakening Pakistan is in Favour of India strategically.

But, I believe there aren't enough evidence out there that is why GoP is not stating any thing in this respect.

If you read Fundametalist flip flop on Taliban you will note I have never contested the fact that they could be supported by India however to claim Mullah Omars men are true Taliban and TTP are not considered Taliban and is a western media creation is what I have contested.

Regards

It is pretty obvious.... Taliban in Afghanistan, prior to 9-11 were very Pakistan friendly. Now, they suddenly change their attitude towards Pakistan? Its hard to beleive

Whether the TTP is supported by the Indians, Afghans, or completely local has little to do with the fact that Pakistan has to fight them and defeat them.

True, but we should also not shy away from squeezing the source of terror which in this case lies across the border. Unless we don't address the root cause of terror we shouldn't expect any miracles. Let's deal with the whole problem. A patient only cures when the doctor removes cancer from its root. Indian presence in Afghanistan without any US objection is the core problem.

Last edited:
People here are living in ignorance..Even if India is doing it so what?We have to improve our Intel and destroy talibans.

It is pretty obvious.... Taliban in Afghanistan, prior to 9-11 were very Pakistan friendly. Now, they suddenly change their attitude towards Pakistan? Its hard to beleive

The old guard of the Taliban may still retain some loyalties to Pakistan - Mullah Omar, Hekmetyar, Haqqani etc - it is the new leadership that has sprung up that is more inline with Al Qaeda and has no loyalty to Pakistan, and sees it as supporting the US invasion of Afghanistan.

The Pakistani Taliban are from the Pakistan, so if the aim of the Afghan Taliban was to impose their version of Islam on all of Afghanistan, what do you think the aim of the Pakistani Taliban are?

Some Pakistani Taliban leaders, such as Gul Bahadur and Mullah Nazir, are operating primarily in support of the Afghan insurgency, driven by the perception of the US invasion and slaughter of Afghan Pashtun, and have little interest in expanding into Pakistan. These taliban leaders are the ones you typically hear referred to as 'pro-government' and 'good Taliban' in Pakistani circles.

Then of course there are the Al Qaeda affiliates and terrorist sectarian organizations such as the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi that also find haven in some of these areas, mostly in the territory where Baitullah and other TTP leaders hold sway.

People here are living in ignorance..Even if India is doing it so what?We have to improve our Intel and destroy talibans.

BS. There is no ignorance. You either deal with the root of the problem or get used to terror. No other option I'm afraid. You can destroy as many Taliban as you wish, but the flow will never stop from across the border unless you squeeze it. No rocket science. Of course, that also means cleaning up the internal mess. They should go both hand in hand. The only cure that will provide genuine riddance.

What is hard to believe ?

That you deserted them the moment USA told you to ?
Gave your airbases for carrying out drone attacks on them ?
That you arrested some of the same people whom u trained at the behest of USA ?

After all LTTE loved the GOI when they sided with them but did not hesitate to kill their PM when he changed tack.

Guess Pakistan did not learn its lesson.

Regards

True, but we should also not shy away from squeezing the source of terror which in this case is across the border. Unless we don't address the root cause of terror we shouldn't expect any miracles. Let's deal with the whole problem. A patient only cures when the doctor removes cancer from its root. Indian presence in Afghanistan without any US objection is the core problem.

What do you suggest our next plan of action should be considering that is the case?

The old guard of the Taliban may still retain some loyalties to Pakistan - Mullah Omar, Hekmetyar, Haqqani etc - it is the new leadership that has sprung up that is more inline with Al Qaeda and has no loyalty to Pakistan, and sees it as supporting the US invasion of Afghanistan.

The Pakistani Taliban are from the Pakistan, so if the aim of the Afghan Taliban was to impose their version of Islam on all of Afghanistan, what do you think the aim of the Pakistani Taliban are?

Some Pakistani Taliban leaders, such as Gul Bahadur and Mullah Nazir, are operating primarily in support of the Afghan insurgency, driven by the perception of the US invasion and slaughter of Afghan Pashtun, and have little interest in expanding into Pakistan. These taliban leaders are the ones you typically hear referred to as 'pro-government' and 'good Taliban' in Pakistani circles.

Then of course there are the Al Qaeda affiliates and terrorist sectarian organizations such as the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi that also find haven in some of these areas, mostly in the territory where Baitullah and other TTP leaders hold sway.

It is pretty confusing.....

BS. There is no ignorance. You either deal with the root of the problem or get used to terror. No other option I'm afraid. You can destroy as many Taliban as you wish, but the flow will never stop from across the border unless you squeeze it. No rocket science. Of course, that also means cleaning up the internal mess. They should go both hand in hand.

How do you propose to do that ? Mere words donot make anyone scared including the Taliban !

Regards

What is hard to believe ?

That you deserted them the moment USA told you to ?
Gave your airbases for carrying out drone attacks on them ?
That you arrested some of the same people whom u trained at the behest of USA ?

After all LTTE loved the GOI when they sided with them but did not hesitate to kill their PM when he changed tack.

Guess Pakistan did not learn its lesson.

Regards

I knew many a Talibans when I was in Madrassah..... They were not against us. I donot believe that they are againts us now. They cannot be.

What do you suggest our next plan of action should be considering that is the case?

Well, to start off with we need to have a proper policy in place which is to persuade the world community regarding Indian terror consulates in Afghanistan. We need to make it our top priority on international level to convey a clear message and concern that this will not be tolerated and in fact will have grave consequences. If Indian terror consulates aren't closed down we need to apply the Turkish approach. The Turks didn't care about US concerns and went in after the terrorists in neighbouring Iraq/Kurdistan. They had the courage to face the root of the problems. They didn't turn a blind eye and tackled the problem across the border head on. The Turks realized that neglecting the problem would only create more security complications. We need to apply the same approach in Afghanistan. Carry out cross border raids and hunt down the terrorists and their supporters. Kill terror before it even infiltrates and reaches your land. At the same time we need to massacre all of the miscreants within our own borders. Additonally, the borders need to be mined and fenced where possible. Combine these together and you've got success.

Last edited:
I knew many a Talibans when I was in Madrassah..... They were not against us. I donot believe that they are againts us now. They cannot be.

Ok they are aliens who landed from Mars where they were trained by Indians, Israelis etc. I guess some one is watching to much Star Wars.

Regards

Well, to start off with we need to have a proper policy in place which is to persuade the world community regarding Indian terror consulates in Afghanistan. We need to make it our top priority on international level to convey a clear message that this will not be tolerated. If Indian terror consulates aren't closed down we need to apply the Turkish approach. The Turks didn't care about US concerns and went in after the terrorists in neighbouring Iraq/Kurdistan. They had the courage to face the root of the problems. They didn't turn a blind eye and tackled the problem head on. We need to apply the same approach in Afghanistan. Carry out cross border raids and hunt down the terrorists and their supporters. Kill terror before it even infiltrates and reaches your land. At the same time we need to massacre all of the miscreants within our own borders.

You need really to get of your high horse and check the ground realities.

You have USA on one side who military can swat you without breaking sweat ( Army to Army wise). India on the otherside who will not hesitate another 1971 if the opportunity came. You have 20-30000 lawless Taliban with your borders and you have been forced to use helicopter gunships, tanks etc to take on them.

Your economy is nowhere near what it used to be. China your main ally gets more neutral as days go by on the issue of LET etc.

Please think of some better idea.

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom