What's new

27 May Bombing of Lahore Rescue15 Building

AM,
ISI never supported BM.He was probably a young boy when ISI was sponsoring Talibanns during 80's.

AM,
ISI never supported BM.He was probably a young boy when ISI was sponsoring Talibanns during 80's.

Maybe but ISI created the system which shaped the thinking of BM and gang and that even Zardari, US and the world accepts.

Regards

Yes but it was different situation.Soviet Union was on our doors.We had to do something and We got full support from China, US etc..

2 ISI Colonels dead.These bastards are gonna pay for this..ISI will now make sure these bastards are sent to hell!

I received an email invitation yesterday to protest the Army action by Hizb Ul Tahrir, this invitation prompted me to reply and a long chain of emails started between myself and the initiator where neither he nor I agree on most of the points.

This to me shows what complications we face today in terms of where we stand as a nation.

I quote the invitation as it came to me...

We are all aware of the situation where massacre of Muslims at the hands of Muslims is taking place. This is being facilitated by none other than our Rulers who are facilitating American War on Islam. In order to expose this War and stop the killing of Muslims on both sides, a peaceful Protest Rally is being organized this Sunday on 31st May, 2009 at 5:00pm. The venue is Naser Bagh, near Anarkali, Mall Road, Lahore.

Please ensure to attend the Rally along with your friends and contacts. This is the least we can do to fulfill our obligation towards our Brothers and Sisters! It’s no use letting them get killed and then sending in donations!!

Yes but it was different situation.Soviet Union was on our doors.We had to do something and We got full support from China, US etc..

China thats news to me. Please don't blame your foolishness for creating the Taliban on others door steps. USA used you as mercenaries and you happily accepted their terms and conditions. Just to bad you were not far sighted enough to see that it will come back and bite you where it hurts. The USSR never threathened to invade you but you still made an enemy of them.

Regards

China thats news to me. Please don't blame your foolishness for creating the Taliban on others door steps. USA used you as mercenaries and you happily accepted their terms and conditions. Just to bad you were not far sighted enough to see that it will come back and bite you where it hurts. The USSR never threathened to invade you but you still made an enemy of them.

Regards
Read Ghost Wars Book of Steve Col.well, the foolish dictator got us in trouble and now we're facing the consequences now.You think Soviet Union invaded a landlocked country without any motive and then heavily supported BLA.This is all well known info and this is not coming from Pakistani sources but US sources.

Terrorism
Bombed again

May 27th 2009
From Economist.com
Pakistan is increasingly vulnerable to terrorism

AT LEAST 23 people died in Pakistan on Wednesday May 27th when a car bomb exploded in Lahore, damaging buildings used by the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, the ISI. Violence in the country has escalated since the government, prodded by America, stepped up efforts to combat the Taliban who operate mostly in areas near to the border with Afghanistan. Last year some 2,300 people died in terrorist attacks in the country, according to America's National Counter-terrorism Centre. Only Iraq was more bloody. More people were kidnapped last year by terrorists in Pakistan than in any other country. Some 1,264 hostages were taken, 340% more than in 2007.

Last edited:
I am certainly not distorting anything or indulging in hogwash if that is what you are suggesting.

The probable list of countries that could support TTP covertly not only includes India but many more countries who may have a reason or two to destabilize and weaken Pakistan. The reason maybe religious, territorial, resources, old enmity etc.

Which country is actually involved is not something i can conclude with 100% assurity, but that is just me.
It is natural for one to attribute such actions to its worst enemies and sadly that is still what Pakistan and India are.
The worsening of relations and not to mention the water war which India is starting really does make most Pakistanis wonder whether India is for or against TTP, since Pakistan is being surrounded by problems.

I still maintain that even if there is a foreign hand they cannot carry out these sort of attacks without inside support and that is what i mean by penetration of terrorists in Pakistan.

Regarding evidence, there are not many covert operations which leave a lot of evidence.
India claimed to be sure of Pakistan State involvement but what evidence have they produced?

Bottomline is that there is no trust between both countries and that needs to be addressed on now or never basis...both can gain much by being mindful of eachother.

All Green

I quoted your thread by mistake. You are certainly not distorting anything and nor anything you said is hogwash. My very sincere apologies.

Read Ghost Wars Book of Steve Col.well, the foolish dictator got us in trouble and now we're facing the consequences now.You think Soviet Union invaded a landlocked country without any motive and then heavily supported BLA.This is all well known info and this is not coming from Pakistani sources but US sources.

Well they are also many neutral sources that state that the Russians were invited in by the regime in Afghanistan and S2 has posted a lot of information on that. There are also a lot of Pakistani and neutral sources which state that you created Taliban more for strategic depth than for defeating USSR. No point crying over spilt milk now. Just stand up and fight and defeat them. One does not like to fight ones own creation but in this case you have no choice.

Regards

Ps : There has been some more blasts in Peshawar as predicted just now.

President condemns the latest suicide attack in Lahore
Prime Minister condemns the latest suicide attack in Lahore

What the heck is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've only been condemning instead of preventing for crying out loud.

Its very hard to prevent suicide attacks, but yeah the security agencies need to do better for sure. Atleast we have a government that has given the military the authority to destroy all training camps and jihadi infrastructure. Imagine Imran Khan as president right now. He would be doing more peace deals with the Taliban lol.

This won't finish overnight. Unfortunately we will see more of such attacks. However, if the military keeps fighting the jihadis, victory is sure to be ours. We need to be patient and determined in this War. Yes its a War. Our War.

Imagine Imran Khan as president right now. He would be doing more peace deals with the Taliban

He would have disbanded the army saying we do not need it; and put the taliban in control of the country; that guy is a wacko; should've stayed in cricket to save the sport...

Editorial: Baitullah retaliates in Lahore

May 29, 2009

After the Taliban accepted responsibility late Wednesday night for the suicide-bombing of the Police Rescue-15 and ISI offices in Lahore, it is obvious that the Taliban are feeling the heat of the Swat Operation and want to show that the battle is joined on their side too. The Wednesday blast was a “hybrid” one, mixing the techniques employed in the Lahore FIA headquarters and the Manawan Police Training School cases. The explosive-laden vehicle was most probably targeting the ISI office in front of the Rescue-15 building. It was prevented from reaching its target and had to be exploded prematurely.

The Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief “Amir” Baitullah Mehsud believes in retaliation, and this time he was reacting to the beating his men in Swat are receiving from the Pakistan Army. There is news about the besieged 4,000 militants there, which must have upset him a great deal. The terrorists are trying to escape through routes not yet blocked by the Army, many of them with their beards shaved off. A number have been caught from the refugee camps after they were recognised by the refugees. Some of his best commanders have either been killed or taken prisoner. There are rumours that warlord Fazlullah himself could have been killed during the military operation.

Some misplaced criticism has been levelled against the government after the incident. The Punjab government has been blamed by some on TV that it could do little to prevent the bombing from happening, that it could not intercept the vehicle carrying the explosives, that it could not act promptly on an intelligence report that Lahore could be attacked. One must repeat here that terrorism is rated most dangerous because its method of waging war is unconventional and when it adopts suicide as one of its weapons it becomes even more difficult to anticipate and prevent. In city traffic, where hundreds of vans are carrying commercial freight, it is not possible to catch a lone vehicle full of dynamite. The intelligence reports had to be vague, saying sensitive offices of the city would be targeted, but they left the target undefined.

What has to be noted is that the latest attack failed to reach the ISI offices. The terrorists were confronted and counter-attacked, after which the suicide-bomber was forced to detonate his payload. If we go back and recall the attacks made earlier in the year, they were all less than perfect. In the Liberty attack, the raiders failed to kidnap the Sri Lankan cricket team; in the Manawan attack, one attacker was caught, which led to the capture of a number of abettors that Baitullah was using and revealed the extent of participation of the terrorist groups in Punjab. That, of course, doesn’t take away from the damage done by the attacks. But it does indicate that Pakistan can confront the TTP if it resolves to do so.

It is very important to grasp the true dimensions of the TTP and its links with Al Qaeda. Details about it have remained obscure because of the general attitude to the phenomenon, a deliberate policy of denial, and reluctance of the state to make the necessary connections. As the army finally takes on the terrorists, more and more evidence of the “international” nature of this evil enterprise are coming to the fore.

The national press is now bold in describing the TTP as a terrorist organisation and telling us exactly how Baitullah connects the large spread of his TTP to the global network of Al Qaeda. As the Pakistan army moves forward to challenge the logistics of the “international” terrorists in the tribal areas, Arabs from the Gulf and as far away as Algeria are being caught.

For every one incident that takes place there are ten that are prevented because of prior intelligence and prompt action, despite the flaws in our police system. The government needs to remove the cloak of secrecy from the arrests made virtually every day of men caught with suicide-jackets and explosives on them. The terrorists caught by the policy must be shown on TV so that criminal cases are registered in public memory. If possible, those caught red-handed should be kept in one place and their interviews should be played on TV so that no doubt is left about the existence of terrorist organisations taking advantage of religion.

Back
Top Bottom